Didache - First or Second Century Teaching

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
I stumbled upon the Didache watching Sid Roth, It's Supernatural show. They were talking about the Didache, which is supposedly a first or second century church manual for discipleship. It's worth a look.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didache

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Apostolic Writings.

"Their writings, though widely circulated in Early Christianity, were not included in the canon of the New Testament. Many of the writings derive from the same time period and geographical location as other works of early Christian literature which came to be part of the New Testament".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostolic_Fathers

"The following writings are generally grouped together as having been written by the Apostolic Fathers:[4]

stepbystep

Aug 31, 2020
I struggle to fully understand the Scriptures in the King James Bible. Adding to them would probably be overload. The information you provided is surely a curiosity. If I ever fully understand the King James, I will take a look at these. Are they part of the Dead Sea Scrolls? I haven not read them either. I have lots to learn.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
I struggle to fully understand the Scriptures in the King James Bible. Adding to them would probably be overload. The information you provided is surely a curiosity. If I ever fully understand the King James, I will take a look at these. Are they part of the Dead Sea Scrolls? I haven not read them either. I have lots to learn.

Umm, not really the person to answer any questions on the writings, just found out about them last night. The Didache Writing was pretty awesome, it seemed to ring true to me.

Not sure to many people understand the Scriptures fully, but I get curious, and like to explore.

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Amazing! Very simple and pure as a catechism. Thanks be to God for sharing with us. You can sense the truth in it very easily in your heart because of how pure it is. I thought Chapter 11 "Concerning Teachers, Apostles, and Prophets" was particularly practical. It says things like:
- But not every one who speaks in the Spirit is a prophet; but only if he holds the ways of the Lord.
- And every prophet who teaches the truth, but does not do what he teaches, is a false prophet.
- But whoever says in the Spirit, Give me money, or something else, you shall not listen to him. But if he tells you to give for others' sake who are in need, let no one judge him.

Godspeed.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Loved it. Great stuff.
@kinda , since you likely read it multiple times and have better understanding of it, can you help me with two sentences here.
What do you believe it means, in 4:4 "You shall not be undecided whether it shall be or not". What is the context to this?
Also 11:9 "But every prophet who orders a meal in the Spirit, does not eat from it", what does this mean?

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Loved it. Great stuff.
@kinda , since you likely read it multiple times and have better understanding of it, can you help me with two sentences here.
What do you believe it means, in 4:4 "You shall not be undecided whether it shall be or not". What is the context to this?
Also 11:9 "But every prophet who orders a meal in the Spirit, does not eat from it", what does this mean?
I will try to get back to you on that. Once again, it's not like I studied this stuff, just discovered it. Maybe in a year I could formulate an opinion, but just really amazing discovery.

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Loved it. Great stuff.
I am with you on not understanding the second sentence, but I understood the first one and appreciated its meaning.

"You shall not be undecided whether it shall be or not".

This means you shall not be undecided whether the word of God is true or not.

Godspeed.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
whats the 21st century manual if there is one? I mean have they updated it? lol
I think Ive got enought to read at present though.