Diet of a healthy, happy 95-year-old.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Daniel in the bible taught me how to eat to stay alert and healthy and His way works. I am 95 and still turning out paintings. There is a seascape of mine on this post.

Daniel was a smart Jew, captured by King Nebuchadnezzar who used his smarts to help him rule. He put Daniel on his rich diet, but Daniel objected and talked the king into letting him eat his diet of simple whole grains. The king said he would get weak, but Daniel thrived on this diet.

I put myself on this diet. I keep to foods as close to how God created them as possible, resisting all the “improvements” man has made. I found cornmeal that still has the germ, flour that is simply ground with nothing removed from it, oils that are pressed and not processed, rice that has been left as God created it. I found eggs from chickens that eat the diet God created them to eat, science tells us these eggs don’t cause high cholesterol. For awhile I found a farmer who routinely had his cows tested for tuberculous, and drank only raw milk I got from him.

I have enjoyed making a study of spices, and used them liberally.

Joey5192

May 26, 2020
Florence NJ
All natural diet has huge benefits and you are proof of that. I follow it much as possible myself with mostly fruit, vegetables and grains, nuts, beans and seeds.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
All natural diet has huge benefits and you are proof of that. I follow it much as possible myself with mostly fruit, vegetables and grains, nuts, beans and seeds.
It was explained to me that God created our food to match our bodies and when men change the food it doesn't match any longer. So wheat with part of it taken out, corn corn with the germ removed, beef from cattle fed unnaturally, milk changed just isn't feeding us as God intended.

I think that is why God told the Israelites not to mix fabrics, they were not to mess with the way God created.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
In agriculture there is one crop per field, fields not being split among multiple crops.

T

TheIndianGirl

Daniel in the bible taught me how to eat to stay alert and healthy and His way works. I am 95 and still turning out paintings. There is a seascape of mine on this post.

Daniel was a smart Jew, captured by King Nebuchadnezzar who used his smarts to help him rule. He put Daniel on his rich diet, but Daniel objected and talked the king into letting him eat his diet of simple whole grains. The king said he would get weak, but Daniel thrived on this diet.

I put myself on this diet. I keep to foods as close to how God created them as possible, resisting all the “improvements” man has made. I found cornmeal that still has the germ, flour that is simply ground with nothing removed from it, oils that are pressed and not processed, rice that has been left as God created it. I found eggs from chickens that eat the diet God created them to eat, science tells us these eggs don’t cause high cholesterol. For awhile I found a farmer who routinely had his cows tested for tuberculous, and drank only raw milk I got from him.

I would love to be like you when I am 95. What is your diet like? What foods do you avoid?

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Georfe Burns, who died at 100, had this to say on his long life..

"Well, I'm not much of an eater, and I never eat vegetables. I don't drink water but I have four martinis a day. I like martinis better. There's water in martinis. And I smoke 15 to 20 cigars a day."

While taking care of yourself can lengthen your life, there's clearly more to it than that.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I would love to be like you when I am 95. What is your diet like? What foods do you avoid?
For breakfast I like to have a whole grain cereal I make once a week and refrigerate to have the rest of the week. I use at least four whole grains, half cup each and cook barley first because it takes the longest then the other grains in order.

I avoid all foods that are not natural or have been adjusted. No white rice, white bread, cornbread made with adjusted corn, pastas that are white. I avoid oils that have been processed. I once found a man who sold raw milk from his farm. Raw milk can be from tuberculin cows, can be dangerous but processed milk is dangerous, also. When I can't find eggs from free range chickens I am careful to get eggs from chickens fed naturally.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016

"Well, I'm not much of an eater, and I never eat vegetables. I don't drink water but I have four martinis a day. I like martinis better. There's water in martinis. And I smoke 15 to 20 cigars a day."

While taking care of yourself can lengthen your life, there's clearly more to it than that.
Even doctors say stress is bad for us. Our attitude has a lot to do with our health. I'll bet George had a good attitude toward life.

Christians who love, accept, and don't judge have the best chance all around. When something goes wrong for me I sit quietly in meditation and let God fill my body and life. Bad things still happen but it heals, too, and I am given a way to make the best of the bad I can't change.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Dr. Caroline Leaf speaks of how our mood at the time we eat has a big impact on how much nutrition we absorb from the food we eat. We are intended to walk in love, joy, patience, kindness, etc, the Galatians 5 attributes.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Even doctors say stress is bad for us. Our attitude has a lot to do with our health. I'll bet George had a good attitude toward life.

Christians who love, accept, and don't judge have the best chance all around. When something goes wrong for me I sit quietly in meditation and let God fill my body and life. Bad things still happen but it heals, too, and I am given a way to make the best of the bad I can't change.
Yes. George seemed to try to enjoy life.
Also it's been shown close family and friends also can lengthen life span, and health. As well as lots of physical touch, hugs and such.

S

Susanna

My grandpa is 93, and a chain smoking moonshiner. I think he'd wrestle alligators if it wasn't for grandma laying down the law lol.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Thank you for sharing, he sounds like a great guy to know!

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014

My eating habits are much the same as yours! And also my opinion that foods the way God made them, is the healthiest diet to have! And like you, I believe spices have much good nutrition, and health benefits. I eat bits of spices - (pretty much all the kinds there are that are sold) after meals. I have allergies, but eating healthfully, in these ways, helps keep me at my best!