Differences between Christians and Jehovah's witness.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
The auto "correct" likes to change everything I write. You must've read my first post before I went back to change the auto change.
I wrote JWs and it put Jaws. 😄

That's OK. That's a funny prank!
You wouldn't believe what pets I've had.
Alligators are what I call modern dinosaurs. They never went extinct like most of the great reptiles. They are definitely Jaws.
Check this one out, getting his picture taken with this gal.

When I was a child, I raised Tom Tom, the Ford Motor Company Cougar.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
When I was a child, I raised Tom Tom, the Ford Motor Company Cougar.
That is so cool!
They are very powerful creatures. Was he well behaved/ domesticated?
I think I remember him on TV as a boy. Did he close the commercial with a growl?

I've fed a large male some turkey legs. His jaws were powerful enough to crush the raw bones and make it twist back and forth in my hand. My friend used it for evangelism. I remember thinking that he could do the same to any bone in the human body.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
That's what I thought too.
That's why I fed the big cat through the chain link cage. My buddy asked if I wanted to go in there with him. I asked if you could trust him?
He said that" he can, but he might challenge you." I passed. Lol! 😄

The paws were huge when he jumped up like a dog on his hind legs against the fence. He was bigger than us at that position. I see why they are called mountain LIONS. Beautiful beast.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
That is so cool!
They are very powerful creatures. Was he well behaved/ domesticated?
I think I remember him on TV as a boy. Did he close the commercial with a growl?

I've fed a large male some turkey legs. His jaws were powerful enough to crush the raw bones and make it twist back and forth in my hand. My friend used it for evangelism. I remember thinking that he could do the same to any bone in the human body.
Yes, that was him.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
This is what a ten week year old looks like. I got him when he only had some patches of hair. He was like a big kitten sleeping on my bed.

1659871124065.jpeg This

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
This is what a ten week year old looks like. I got him when he only had some patches of hair. He was like a big kitten sleeping on my bed.

View attachment 242221 This
Wow, what beaut!
Top tier predator in WV.

What a blessing to have the opportunity to use him for television. That's an extremely rare honor. What's the story behind that?

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Yes so pretty but also it would be dangerous for real!
That's right. That's one reason that I never kept big cats. I've raised big animals, but travelling and such, didn't have time to devote to big cat wrangling. I'm sure our friend had a unique familiarity with his and was an expert. Not all big cat owners sleep with their cubs or spend that time required to know and control them around others. It has to be a special combination of animal and trainer for a mountain lion to be on a set around scary strange people and unfamiliar environment. I'm sure the Learner could tell you about that.

Mar 4, 2020
So today at school a classmate asked if im a Jehovah's witness and I said that im a Christian. Then they asked what was the difference between those two. I didnt know so I guess ill ask here. What is a Jehovah's witness and what are the differences?
Hello and welcome to Christian Chat.

The Jehova’s Witnesses are wrong about practically everything, but then again Protestant Christianity isn’t right about many things too.

Each denomination has a piece of the puzzle that is accurate and can contribute meaningful truth to the larger picture and sometimes the “Christian cults” may have single points that are accurate that mainstream Christianity has shunned. Before you study the cults, be sure you’re firmly grounded in Biblical truths first.

I recommend really digging for the truth on this yourself because you’ll get a wide spectrum of opinions here; some may be accurate and some not. It takes time, a long time, years even, to cross-reference the Bible with itself and what the church is saying.

I recommend asking God to show you the truth and let the Holy Spirit lead you on how to begin studying. For me it feels like something is suddenly placed in my heart, like an itch I can’t reach to scratch, until I search out the truth.

Always make sure you're carefully observing what the Bible says and what it doesn’t say. Pay careful attention to not let peoples’ opinions and traditions invade your Bible study space.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Wow, what beaut!
Top tier predator in WV.

What a blessing to have the opportunity to use him for television. That's an extremely rare honor. What's the story behind that?
My Dad worked at Ford as an Electicon and he got the short straw. Ford paid for all the medical expenses, food, outside and inside cage when Tom Tom got bigger, etc.,.
I was in Kindergarden at the time. I asked my Teacher if I could bring my Cat in for show and tell. She asked if it got along with dogs. I said, no problem. I was walking distance from School. I stopped a few times for others to pet him. As we walked past the Office, the Principal looked as us when I walked by shaking her head. I told her the day before my Cat was a baby Cougar and she did not believe me. When we walked into the class room all the dogs retreated to a back corner of the room and many of the kids came up to meet Tom Tom. He was named Tom Tom because he did not come on the first Tom. He was a gentle animal. Often after School He got out of his cage as an adult and came to my classroom to walk home with me. Each Classroom had its own outside door. By this time everyone in School knew about him and that He was harmless. He did freak out some parents. They would call the Police, who would tell them to relax, He is harmless. One Parent made the mistake of trying to shoot him. All the kids surround him to protect him. The parent go Prision time for dischaging his gun on School Property.
It never made the news.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Hello and welcome to Christian Chat.

The Jehova’s Witnesses are wrong about practically everything, but then again Protestant Christianity isn’t right about many things too.

Each denomination has a piece of the puzzle that is accurate and can contribute meaningful truth to the larger picture and sometimes the “Christian cults” may have single points that are accurate that mainstream Christianity has shunned. Before you study the cults, be sure you’re firmly grounded in Biblical truths first.

I recommend really digging for the truth on this yourself because you’ll get a wide spectrum of opinions here; some may be accurate and some not. It takes time, a long time, years even, to cross-reference the Bible with itself and what the church is saying.

I recommend asking God to show you the truth and let the Holy Spirit lead you on how to begin studying. For me it feels like something is suddenly placed in my heart, like an itch I can’t reach to scratch, until I search out the truth.

Always make sure you're carefully observing what the Bible says and what it doesn’t say. Pay careful attention to not let peoples’ opinions and traditions invade your Bible study space.
What was I going to say?

What truth does jw's have? LDS? Christadelphians? Christian Science?

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
My Dad worked at Ford as an Electicon and he got the short straw. Ford paid for all the medical expenses, food, outside and inside cage when Tom Tom got bigger, etc.,.
I was in Kindergarden at the time. I asked my Teacher if I could bring my Cat in for show and tell. She asked if it got along with dogs. I said, no problem. I was walking distance from School. I stopped a few times for others to pet him. As we walked past the Office, the Principal looked as us when I walked by shaking her head. I told her the day before my Cat was a baby Cougar and she did not believe me. When we walked into the class room all the dogs retreated to a back corner of the room and many of the kids came up to meet Tom Tom. He was named Tom Tom because he did not come on the first Tom. He was a gentle animal. Often after School He got out of his cage as an adult and came to my classroom to walk home with me. Each Classroom had its own outside door. By this time everyone in School knew about him and that He was harmless. He did freak out some parents. They would call the Police, who would tell them to relax, He is harmless. One Parent made the mistake of trying to shoot him. All the kids surround him to protect him. The parent go Prision time for dischaging his gun on School Property.
It never made the news.
That is so cool and worthy of a book.
☕🙂👍🦁

A guy attacked me and an exotic with a knife once. Just a crazy guy walking down the hall of a dorm my freshman year. He looked inside the door and pulled out a hunting knife, then charged me, shouting snake! SNAKE!!!. It was difficult holding a boa around my arm while defending us with the other.

Mar 4, 2020
What was I going to say?

What truth does jw's have? LDS? Christadelphians? Christian Science?
I would like to answer that question, but I won’t in this thread. That’s why I chose to not be specific, but rather told the OP to do his/her own prayer and research.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
That is so cool and worthy of a book.
☕🙂👍🦁

A guy attacked me and an exotic with a knife once. Just a crazy guy walking down the hall of a dorm my freshman year. He looked inside the door and pulled out a hunting knife, then charged me, shouting snake! SNAKE!!!. It was difficult holding a boa around my arm while defending us with the other.
I would have put the boa around him and hold the knife hand.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
I would like to answer that question, but I won’t in this thread. That’s why I chose to not be specific, but rather told the OP to do his/her own prayer and research.
They have no truth that I know of. All claim the bible is God's Word, but they all have extra revelations that deny that. International Bible Students had Charles Taze Russell as their extra biblical source.
Jehovah's Witness the Watchtower as being superior to the Bible( they even claim you can not come to the truth using the Bible alone. You must read the Watchtower for truth.). Christian Scinece has Mary Baker Eddy's keys to the scriptures revelation over the Bible. Christadelphian's had an Semi-Atheist philosphy wise as their source. He really did not believe in the supernational.

Mar 4, 2020
They have no truth that I know of. All claim the bible is God's Word, but they all have extra revelations that deny that. International Bible Students had Charles Taze Russell as their extra biblical source.
Jehovah's Witness the Watchtower as being superior to the Bible( they even claim you can not come to the truth using the Bible alone. You must read the Watchtower for truth.). Christian Scinece has Mary Baker Eddy's keys to the scriptures revelation over the Bible. Christadelphian's had an Semi-Atheist philosphy wise as their source. He really did not believe in the supernational.
who has the truth then?

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I would have put the boa around him and hold the knife hand.
Sorry, I must've missed this.

The door was open and I was next to the open window talking to a friend. This crazy guy was walking down the hall, looked in and shouted. He freaked out and just attacked for reasons only he and God knew. I'm glad that when he started slashing and stabbing at her I was able, with God's power, to get control of his weapon hand, disarm him and dangle him from the window sill. Once he realized that he was going to die from the fall if I let him go, he agreed to stop his violence, so I let him leave out the door without the knife. That was a very good day, because the Lord showed me that He would protect me and even my girl was unharmed: A better lesson than any one ever taught on campus.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
It never made the news.
It makes me think the Lord protected you and your pet from that crazy freak too. I'm glad nobody was hurt.