DIFFERENT Christmas music

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I want a hippopotamus for xmas?

The chipmunk "Christmas don't be late"?

Those are the only ones I didn't see on the list but I pretty much just find instrumentals of the Xmas Jesus music and listen to that. It's easier to appreciate the music itself and it's like the words are muted (because they do play in my mind a little bit but hardly).

That's my fix for overplayed stuff. I found a radio station when I was traveling this summer that played ONLY Christian instrumentals past a certain time. Imagine a jazz version of Amy Grant songs lol. It was pretty cool because it wasn't only classical...there was jazz and other various unique takes on old worship songs.

No I don't intentionally listen to secular Xmas music, it's logged away in my brain deeply enough that it plays enough without turning on the radio/CD. It's actually much better that way for me.

JTB

Aug 31, 2021

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve And Other Stories (Full Album)
My favorite album of all time. I just wish that once instead of a concert, they would perform the actual stage opera. That is actually on my bucket list.

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
Thanks all for posting--I'm not generally a fan of Christmas music, but I'm listening to some of what you all have posted here--it's really eclectic and lovely! As an aside, the timing is just right as I've decided to each day listen to a bit of music--I think it's therapy for the soul--no paid therapy needed!;)

PS I looked up soul cake, if anyone else is curious:

A soul cake, also known as a soulmass-cake, is a small round cake (though they more resemble in appearance and texture a shortbread biscuit, with sweet spices) which is traditionally made for Halloween, All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day to commemorate the dead in many religions traditions.[1][2] The cakes, often simply referred to as souls, are given out to soulers (mainly consisting of children and the poor) who go from door to door during the days of Allhallowtide singing and saying prayers "for the souls of the givers and their friends".[1] The practice in England dates to the medieval period,[3] and was continued there until the 1930s.[4][5][1] In Sheffield and Cheshire, the custom has continued into modern times. In Lancashire and in the North-east of England soul cakes were known as Harcakes, a kind of thin parkin.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_cake

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Not a different song, but a traditional song in a different style.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
And for something a bit 50's rock:

G

Godsgirl83

He made a way in a manger to make the way to the cross