Discerning the will of God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 22, 2023
amen specifically the gospel

“And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭10:42-43‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:22, 24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

For All flesh is as grass, And all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭1:22-25‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭21:33‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:19-20‬ ‭KJV‬
It is good to be born; but one must then learn to crawl and walk, even to run and fly; Jesus of Nazareth IS the Way, the Truth and the Life - no one goeth unto the Father except by His 'Life', His 'Way'. To know Him IS to be as He is; for how do two walk together if they be of different constitution?

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Does anyone have advice on how to discern the will of God? How much should we go by feelings? Should a lack of peace about doing something be enough to stop us from doing it, even if there's nothing clear in the Bible against it? I have struggled with knowing if I should, for example, take a certain trip or make a certain decision, sometimes huge decisions and sometimes just tiny everyday ones. How do I know if it's my own mind, or the still small voice of God if I don't "have peace" about it?
Ask God for confirmation from a brother or sister. my experience is you can expect it real soon. .... could even put a fleece out but that is a little more tricky.

NOV25

Nov 23, 2019
Does anyone have advice on how to discern the will of God? How much should we go by feelings? Should a lack of peace about doing something be enough to stop us from doing it, even if there's nothing clear in the Bible against it? I have struggled with knowing if I should, for example, take a certain trip or make a certain decision, sometimes huge decisions and sometimes just tiny everyday ones. How do I know if it's my own mind, or the still small voice of God if I don't "have peace" about it?
“If you’re saved, Spirit-filled, sanctified, submissive, suffering, and thankful – you ready for this? – do whatever you want. Do whatever you want. Marry whoever you want. Go wherever you want. Work wherever you want. Choose whatever you want. You say, “Whoa. Are you sure?” Absolutely. Because if this is true of your life, guess who’s controlling your wants. Do whatever you want.

People say to me, “Why did you come to Grace Church?” I wanted to come. There wasn’t nothing mystical; I didn’t hear voices in heaven. Did I know all this would happen? No, I just came here because I wanted to come. I said, “That’s a good place. They want me; nobody else wants me; I want to go.” It wasn’t like I had a lot of options; still don’t.

People say, “How did you decide to marry Patricia?” That was easy; I wanted her and no one else. And I said, “God, that’s the one I want right there. And I believe You’re controlling my wants.”

You say, “I need a verse for that, that’s way out there.” I’ll give you a verse. I know, you’re used to getting a verse. Here’s a verse: Psalm 37:4. You ready for this? “Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart.” That doesn’t mean He’ll fulfill yours, it means He’ll plant His. You delight in the Lord – saved, Spirit-filled, submissive, all of those things. You delight in the Lord; and He will plant His desires in your heart.”

From the sermon: Taking the mystery out of knowing God’s will.
John MacArthur.
https://www.gty.org/library/sermons-library/80-310/taking-the-mystery-out-of-knowing-gods-will

Mar 22, 2023
We have learned after waiting on Him, 1st. things come 1st. , seeking His Kingdom 1st. is always the primary will for us in the scriptures.

Love, Walter and Debbie
Truth:

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Great IS the LORD.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
“Does anyone have advice on how to discern the will of God? “

we want to get away from our own thoughts and fill up on Jesus thoughts in the gospel he said we need to hear and believe

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:31-32‬ ‭KJV‬

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The reason Jesus preached the gospel and then later sent the gospel to all people saying this

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The reason we need to hear and believe the gospel is because what it actually is is the true and complete understanding of God we can know the real God when we hear and accept the gospel he sent into the world

“And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:19-20‬

the gospel is what teaches us about the son of God about God th father oit the fact that we are his children it teaches us what God thinks about all the subjects we wonder about what Jesus said in the gospel before he died is this

“He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
‭‭John‬ ‭12:48-50‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the thing Jesus taught most was that his words and teachings were forever and wouldn’t change or be removed he says many times over my words are life they are the words of God anyone who hears and believes will be saved my one who rejects me and doesn’t receive my words will be judged in the end by those words

at he way for anyone to understand God is to learn about Jesus and learn from Jesus in the gospel it is the understanding of the true God and salvstion he has offered to mankind

His word in the gospel is what discerns his Will fornus

“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭4:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬
https: