Discount Store Chain in England Pulls Controversial Ouija Boards

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
What some may not know is that in first amendment America there remains a banned books list, as pertains to our public libraries. In fact a celebration of the freedom to read is celebrated every year and is known as Banned Books Week. It runs September 27th to October 3rd.
How fitting it should run at the most wicked time of year around Halloween.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Then would you be in favor of outlawing any and all types of pre-marital relations? What about when even Christians differ on what "evil" pertains to like alcohol? Some thing it's okay to drink as long as we don't get drunk, others think it's a sin even to drink one drop. Would you be in 100% support of a Christian theocracy because "if we lessen the evil on this earth surely that is a good thing"?

I believe God has given us both a blessing and a curse with the gift of free will. Provided I don't abuse my free will and take away from anyone elses free will, I ought to exercise my God-given right in the manner I see fit... even if it's to exercise wickedness. Ultimately, I will have to answer to the Father for my abuse of free will. Similarly, if I choose to exercise my free only in righteousness, then the Father has promised to bless us.

Just want to point out as well, making something illegal doesn't STOP that evil from occurring. Murder is illegal, unfortunately, murders still happen. A person unable to buy a ouija board can get a pen and paper and make one in a matter of minutes. The real solution is to educate people on the consequences of their actions.
You need to read your Bible more, and obey it. What you are saying here is wrong; you ought to exercise your God given right as He sees fit not as you see fit.
Also if you choose to exercise your free will in righteousness you are not unconditionally guaranteed blessing from God; the Word tells us that if we suffer with Him we will reign with Him, it speaks of being in manifold temptations, heaviness for a season, being persecuted, and we are to arm ourselves with a mind that is prepared to suffer just as our Master did, for we are no greater than Him.
Job was a righteous man and he suffered terribly.
Yes God has given us free will, and He has also given us consequences. He is merciful but we also reap what we sow. We are accountable to Him as to what we will permit.

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
You need to read your Bible more, and obey it. What you are saying here is wrong; you ought to exercise your God given right as He sees fit not as you see fit.
And yet God still gives me free will to exercise in righteousness or wickedness... You'd rather we be forced into obedience if it were possible by man's law in an attempt to enforce God's law. I do agree, as Christians we should use our agency as HE sees fit... but that's my point... we don't always do that, and He allows us that agency. For this reason, God gave us His only begotten son, Jesus Christ, to atone for the sins of mankind.

Also if you choose to exercise your free will in righteousness you are not unconditionally guaranteed blessing from God; the Word tells us that if we suffer with Him we will reign with Him, it speaks of being in manifold temptations, heaviness for a season, being persecuted, and we are to arm ourselves with a mind that is prepared to suffer just as our Master did, for we are no greater than Him.
Of course we are unconditionally guaranteed blessing from God... if we are obedient to His commandment, you even say it yourself... "we will reign with Him"... how is that not considered a "blessing"? We can suffer in this life, but this life is only temporary. We are blessed when we are obedient to His word. I'm not sure how you could disagree with that.

Job was a righteous man and he suffered terribly.
Yes God has given us free will, and He has also given us consequences. He is merciful but we also reap what we sow. We are accountable to Him as to what we will permit.
And do you think Job is blessed now? I think it's safe to say Job is ultimately blessed BECAUSE of his obedience to God. We can agree to disagree on this specific topic.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Although we do have the Poundland chain in England, the story didn't occur in England.
The linked article reports it was Northern Ireland. NI is part of The United Kingdom but is not in England.

E

EleventhHour

You'd rather we be forced into obedience if it were possible by man's law in an attempt to enforce God's law.
Exactly.
"The Scarlett Letter" comes to mind.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
The freedom America was created to enjoy was the freedom to do that which was right, good, proper, and in agreement with the will of G-d, not a freedom to do anything we want, anytime we want, outside His will for us.
"Forced" as in the "Scarlet Letter"? When we get man included in determining what is right, without Holy Spirit guidance as in the first century church we end up with the mess with have now with people in man made institutions calling themselves "churches", rather than Christ being the head of His church as the Father intends, by way of Holy Spirit who will guide, speak and show us all truth.
Look at how the R.C., Lutheranism, Episcopalian-ism, etc. attempt to place themselves between the created and the Creator.

E

EleventhHour

The freedom America was created to enjoy was the freedom to do that which was right, good, proper, and in agreement with the will of G-d, not a freedom to do anything we want, anytime we want, outside His will for us.
"Forced" as in the "Scarlet Letter"? When we get man included in determining what is right, without Holy Spirit guidance as in the first century church we end up with the mess with have now with people in man made institutions calling themselves "churches", rather than Christ being the head of His church as the Father intends, by way of Holy Spirit who will guide, speak and show us all truth.
Look at how the R.C., Lutheranism, Episcopalian-ism, etc. attempt to place themselves between the created and the Creator.
Agree, but the USA is not a theocracy, nor intended to be one.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
If each of us lived our faith it would by nature act as God would have us act, and appear to be a "theocracy" when in fact it is the only true way to live/govern/ exist.
There are two nations in this world that God has honored, Israel as they are His chosen ones and always will be, and America, created on Christian foundation because we love and honor him.
we have all been taught a warped view of history, seems that warped view started around 1902 with Woodrow Wilson, David Barton has a tremendous amount of documentation about the founding of America-

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Tarot and other types of mediums are a scam.
you can find plenty of videos explaining how they do it. It's all just psychological trickery
There's actually a scientific explanation as to how the Ouija board works
It's called the ideomotor effect

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
I love my country, but I feel you need to revisit history.

Was racial slavery the will of God when our country was created/became independent?

Did the US just do God's will by denying women equal rights?

I could go on and on about the terrible things when our country was created/independent, but I don't want to. I don't live in the past. I believe in fixing what is broken, not staying in the past. But my point remains... Our country was never created to institute laws that reflect the God of Israel's will. There were/are laws that overlap, but to pretend our country was created to do what is "right, good, proper, and in agreement with the will of God" is just plain revisionist history. I'd go further, it's a lie. Perhaps the founding fathers were inspired by God... that much, I would agree with. However, many of the founding fathers were deists, and wanted to create a country that does have freedom of religion but also freedom FROM religion.

Our homes should have a theocratic governance that aims to do what is "right, good, proper, and in agreement with the will of God"... but not necessarily our civil laws which blanket a multitude of people who aren't Christian.

If this country was created to do "that which was right, good, proper, and in agreement with the will of God [of Israel]", then my question is... Why didn't they make it illegal to be a deist, a Jew, a Muslim, atheist etc...? Why didn't they establish a national Christian religion?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Yes, you were fed the same anti American tale as I in American schools, David Bartons Forgotten History is worth viewing, we have been taught in error-
This is very well worth just a few minutes to review, I have been aware of and enjoyed David Bartons accurate work for a long time, I have copied it t a point where credit is being given to James Armistad, a hero of the revolution, and quickly it gets to the true composure of early American history, not the tainted view we were taught.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
shops can decide whether they want to stock items or not but most will tend to go whats profitable over whats moral. That us why many dairy owners see nothing wrong with stocking cigarettes and selling them to people underage as long as they dont get caught. That many dairy owners are hindus and not christians may have some impact on the distribution of these 'legal' drugs, but then a lot of general business owners are actually not christians.

Christians while you find us in all walks of life, dont tend to go into business but more for the caring or service positions, as our primary motive is not to make money, which is what many business owners main aim is.

of course there are business owners that become christians and then they have dilemma of running a business or going about their Fathers business, that can sometimes contradict what their previous business was doing which was making a profit. Then you have to ask where are their profits going? Back into their business, or are they sponsoring charity, or providing decent employment to locals? are they actually paying people above minimum wage, like a decent wage? Are they letting people become shareholders or just getting bigger and greedier and putting others OUT of business?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
many retailers dont actually even care what their stock is so long as they can buy it cheap and sell it for more. Thats what it comes down to.

Ive learned that people just sold units or whatever, it would not even matter what the unit was. it could be ouija boards or planks of wood. as long as people bought it, they would not care

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Yes, you were fed the same anti American tale as I in American schools, David Bartons Forgotten History is worth viewing, we have been taught in error-
This is very well worth just a few minutes to review, I have been aware of and enjoyed David Bartons accurate work for a long time, I have copied it t a point where credit is being given to James Armistad, a hero of the revolution, and quickly it gets to the true composure of early American history, not the tainted view we were taught.
most children arent really taught history at all or only one persons version of it, There are many versions of history actually, in america, not every single person who went there was a puritan escaping england and wanting to worship how they wanted. Lots of different people went there at various times and tried to set up their own govts and colonies.
if that was your peoples ancestry, it might have been YOUR history, but it woudlnt have been someone elses.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
many retailers dont actually even care what their stock is so long as they can buy it cheap and sell it for more. Thats what it comes down to.

Ive learned that people just sold units or whatever, it would not even matter what the unit was. it could be ouija boards or planks of wood. as long as people bought it, they would not care
It's almost as if they're trying to make money or something

D

DWR

It's almost as if they're trying to make money or something
Everyone is trying to make money.
Those who own a business.
Those who go to work every day.
Those who sign up for their government check.
And of course, everyone who runs for office. That is where the big bucks are made.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Not everyone, many of us give our Lord and Savior first place in our lives and return He upholds His promise to supply all our needs.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
do you work in retail or own a business.
as I said depends on where people are putting their profits. Back into the business, with shareholders or are they just lining their own pockets? most businesses dont even break even for the first few years.

some businesses sponsor charities which I think can be a good thing.

Most of the profit is actually made when the business owner sells their business (to someone richer) and thats where the principal is at work again, to buy low and sell high.

if flogging ouija boards for a buck makes a profit, most businesses will do it. So its rare to see someone takes a stand and says we are not selling that.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
businesses in nz are now having 'black friday' sales. why?
its because they fear losing business to american online retailers on the day.

Im like it cant be cheaper to buy online from america surely, wouldn the cost of shipping and freight be so prohbitive anyway so whatver money you might save online just goes on delivery costs?

mostly if someone wants somehing from overseas, its because they just cant find that item in the shops here, not necessarily because its cheaper.