Discouraged

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
I'm very frustrated with my walk with Christ.. I'm always thinking I should be way farther ahead. I'm getting discouraged because when I read certain scriptures I don't understand....

You can either skip what you do not understand, and wait for the Lord to give you more understanding or you can research it online, there are multiple ways of doing this all very convenient and easy to use.
and I was told of you don't understand that means you aren't following Christ correctly .......
Whoever told you any such thing did you a terrible disservice, they are totally and completely wrong
and then between trying to read the Word and chasing after my children is very hard.
Try getting up before your children to and spend some time alone with the Lord, and his word.
I want nothing more than to follow Christ understand and help others...
This is very admirable
I feel myself getting discouraged I know God doesn't give us a spirit of fear.. but hearing about North Korea and everything... just concerns me....
Turn off the tv or radio where the bad news is coming from, and put on Christian music instead
me and my husband pray... read the Word... but I'm feeling down and discouraged... like I can't get it right...
There is no right and wrong to it, learn how to rest in the finished work of Christ
or maybe I'm not Gods chosen...
You already stated that you wanted only to follow Christ, so you are def. his chosen
and he doesn't want to work with me anymore...
Christ will never give up on you, and never tires of you coming to him
excuse me if I sound absurd... just the way I am feeling... and I'm worried about the falling away...
That has nothing to with someone who only wishes to follow Christ, understand his ways, his desires & his commands, and to help others
if anyone can give some encouragement or help me anyway. I will appreciate it..

Quit being so hard on yourself, and learn to enjoy the gift of salvation that you have been given. Count your blessings often, rejoice in the Lord, again I say rejoice!!

Dec 26, 2017
I'm very frustrated with my walk with Christ.. I'm always thinking I should be way farther ahead. I'm getting discouraged because when I read certain scriptures I don't understand....

and I was told of you don't understand that means you aren't following Christ correctly .......

and then between trying to read the Word and chasing after my children is very hard.

I want nothing more than to follow Christ understand and help others...

I feel myself getting discouraged I know God doesn't give us a spirit of fear.. but hearing about North Korea and everything... just concerns me....

me and my husband pray... read the Word... but I'm feeling down and discouraged... like I can't get it right...

or maybe I'm not Gods chosen... and he doesn't want to work with me anymore...excuse me if I sound absurd... just the way I am feeling... and I'm worried about the falling away... if anyone can give some encouragement or help me anyway. I will appreciate it..

Quit being so hard on yourself, and learn to enjoy the gift of salvation that you have been given. Count your blessings often, rejoice in the Lord, again I say rejoice!!
God Bless you! Thank you I just woke up and read this thank you for the advice and encouragement. I do need to rest in Him.. sometimes I feel I make it way harder then it has to be. Thnk you for taking time to reply to my post I appreciate all encouragement advice I'm still learning and growing... it's a blessing to have Others in Christ who can give me advice!

Jan 10, 2018
I've found that studying the bible on my own can be quite confusing. It helps to have spiritual guidance. Someone who is more advanced than you in things of the spirit to explain certain things to you. And don't ever feel like God doesn't want you to learn or that you're not chosen, because the mere fact that you're trying to advance in knowledge of the father makes God very happy with you. Remember the story of the lost sheep, how the owner leaves the rest to find just 1 lost one? That's exactly how you are. There's a lot of Christians who know their stuff, and yeah God loves them, but he isn't so worried about them because he knows they got everything in place. He's paying more attention to the struggling Christians like you and I, the sinners who are trying to get their act together, those people. Don't let anything make you feel like you're not chosen. Just keep in mind that you're the focus of Heaven. Whenever you're in doubt of anything, just keep telling yourself "I'm the focus of Heaven!"

God bless you, hope I was able to help

Dec 26, 2017
I've found that studying the bible on my own can be quite confusing. It helps to have spiritual guidance. Someone who is more advanced than you in things of the spirit to explain certain things to you. And don't ever feel like God doesn't want you to learn or that you're not chosen, because the mere fact that you're trying to advance in knowledge of the father makes God very happy with you. Remember the story of the lost sheep, how the owner leaves the rest to find just 1 lost one? That's exactly how you are. There's a lot of Christians who know their stuff, and yeah God loves them, but he isn't so worried about them because he knows they got everything in place. He's paying more attention to the struggling Christians like you and I, the sinners who are trying to get their act together, those people. Don't let anything make you feel like you're not chosen. Just keep in mind that you're the focus of Heaven. Whenever you're in doubt of anything, just keep telling yourself "I'm the focus of Heaven!"

God bless you, hope I was able to help
Yes you did help so much! I more thought God would be annoyed because I do struggle so thank you for the encouragement! I truly need it. y s that's a great idea having someone more advanced for guidanCe