Discouraged

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shadowwolg
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Shadowwolg

Guest
ya know, some days, it just seems to be dreary and grim.... kinda like the weather right now, ... I know that i am tired and that is part of the problem...but i had told some people that monday was a 3 month mark for me and no one replied.... it was like, i was so proud of myself and no one else seemed to think it was important.... i know, i know, i am not doing this for others...but for myself...but it would be nice if someone else congratulated me... its like, i am supposed to reach out to others and ask for help, share my struggles, and when i do...no response...so what is the point... again, i know i am tired and that is part of the problem.... i guess i just wanted to be noticed for how hard i have been working on this, the battles within and bc of God, I am overcoming.... i guess i wanted encouragement bc i feel drained, and feel that i need someone else to notice.... i guess i feel the need to be hugged and comforted and encouraged... ok,.... enough said...
 
Most of us have households of people who need encouraging - or we do. But what I've learned is that when you have reached a milestone in your personal struggles, go into the presence of the Lord in prayer and let Him congratulate you and smile upon you. He will give you the most wonderful thoughts of his delight in your success.

He never will fail you.

Keep a journal of how He responds - His thoughts towards you. This is a good thing to do on other days you get discouraged.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the idea.....now i know God gets all the credit...He is the o e to go to...that He is the one to rely on..but i have been encouraged time and time again to share, to reach out....so where are the boundaries of relying on Gods approval and seeking conformation from others......I have been told that God made us social creatures so sharing is accepted and expected.....I guess i just wanted someone.to be proud of me....someone to say...thats my girl......I know God says that...but since i struggle with intamacy issues...how do I personalize, feel the comfort of knowing God is proud of me....I used to have my roommate who was proud of me.....but she is no longer here....i know i should be proud of myself, relying of God...and i am learning this on a deeper level...but i still long to hear...well done...and get a hug....ok..now i feel i am repeating myself...anyway...thanks
 
Hi, people might not notice How hard you have been doing... but God, knows it all and is really proud of you. It is His grace that will sustain you. You are tired? rest in His arms =) Congratulations for your hard work =))
 
Your only thought is to comfort and encourage others. And when you come to the Lord for encouragement, He might bring someone in your life who will give voice to your desires. But it is still His voice.

Thank you so much for sharing these very real feelings that we all have. It is just that I'm so much older and have been through so much that I can tell you what has worked for me. No one encourages me but the Lord, and I always look forward to His arms of acceptance.

Another thought - it is only His Spirit that has enabled you to overcome and be strong. He gets the praise! Isn't it wonderful what He does with and through you? He alone is victorious. And He alone gets the praise.

God bless...
Joi
 
Thanks Gble...Joi....if you dont mind...can i flesh out this thought some more....you see...in counseling...she has encouraged me to find people to talk to...to share...to be my accountability partner...so i have one...bc most of my life..it has been just me and God...but in 2010 i hit a brick wall and well things didnt go well...going to just God didnt work bc i took my eyes off of God...and began not to trust Him...I admit that....soon after i was in counseling.....and one of the thongs that has been consistent is that i need to share..to talk to others...allow them to encourage me....bc i will do my best to encourage and help others but often wont allow others to encourage and help me...so I accept the fact that i have been able to get this far bc of God..and that bc i have again begun to trust, believe and hold to to God..I can go forward....but where does the need for others , accepting others encouragement , fit in....back about 15 yrs ago when i took a personality test to go on the mission field..tje results were that i could go for a short period of time but long term missions i wouldnt last bc i hadnt built a healthy support group....sharing with others, trusting others.....now the person I had shared with last week is my accountability person..so I do feel I should have received a positive response...but i hadnt gotten any response...so I write this...not to argue bc i do understand that its all about God...and its all bc of Him but i wrestle with this component of sharing with others , and what not....does this make any sense
 
Ok...so I want to take this time to say thank you to all who commented.....even though imay still have thoughts, questions on where the balance ahould be in all this...having y'all talk with me was an encouragement....for the fact that I was being heard.....when i posted this this morning i had thoughts of just giving up and giving in bc ...i have addictive behavior ..so why fight it....but just reading theae comments, being heard....I am encouraged to be smart, keep fighting...God believes i am worthy of this fight.....Gble and Burden 2 thank you for your words....Joi...if i am not to overwhelming...I would love to hash out more....but only if you want....i often have trouble with finding a balance...which i am sure moat people do....but i cant speak for most people :-) again thank you so much...tonight i will cont. To fighr and rest in Gods grace
 
I"m glad you have an accountability person. The sharing needs to be eye to eye. Person to person. I'm sorry that this person didn't seem to encourage you, but you will be much happier if you take the "yoke" of expectations off of people, and just accept what they give you or don't give you.

You could say to yourself, "I don't need to be encouraged by them". "I am proud of myself". "I don't need their approval" "I am encouraged in my spirit by the Lord."

But, you are right - we all need a real live person to share things and pray with. May you find the right one.
 
Thanks Joi.....the eye to eye is not something I have done well YET :-) i will keep these words in mind ...thanks
 
Have to smile at what you said - Try a dog at first. Look him in the eye and begin speaking. I'll just bet he licks your face and gives you all the love you need in the moment. :p
 
Maybe it would help... when you are not getting the encouragement you desire... find someone for you... to encourage. Giving to someone else what you would like for yourself... is a great feeling and great therapy. Ask God to cause someone of His choosing that He will use to encourage you. I believe that there is a reason that we do not always get encouragement and or other things we look for others to give to us... we are all still learning and trying to navigate through this life as well as be there for each other. It is always great when any of us make any kind of accomplishment. Congrats I am very happy for you.

Try not to feel discouraged. So important to stay focused on God the One that has enabled us to do better and grateful if anyone else notice.
 
Jae..thanks...i do that though...i have been trying to be a surrofate mother to a friend who disnt have a stronh bond with her mom....and mom died...so i have been rwaching out to her...but she is a lot like me...wants to help others but not good at accepting help....but i keep trying...i look for opportunities to say positive words to others...guess thats why at times i get discouraged bc i would like at times for someone to be there for me....i do like the idea of a dog..i have a cat...unfortunately i am not home a lot...working...so a cat will do ..i used to have a dog...loved it...guess i will have to find one to borrow he he he
 
Jae..ur right...i thought i jad someone to be a good accountable partner...and i understand she she is learning also..but i do nees to keep seeking
 
I really admire that you are being a surrogate mother to a young lady that needs you...especially with her not having her mother and... you having to deal with your own issues. Allowing God to use you to make a difference for the better in someone else's life is surely pleasing Him.