Discussing the Bible on the Bible Discussion Forum

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ancilla

Is it just me, or is anyone else sick of seeing threads on this forum that have nothing to do with the Bible. I mean, there are things that need to be discussed in a Christian context, but since they aren't directly related to the Bible. I think there should be a "Christians and Society" forum or something. It bothers me enough that Christians hold political, world and societal views that they can't justify Biblically but it's even worse to see those on what's supposed to be a Bible Discussion Forum without any scriptural reference in the whole thread. Right now I feel like if I don't see more Bible discussion on this forum I'm going to leave this site and never come back.

Jan 8, 2009
Ironically, this thread isn't about the bible either ?

M

Maddog

Might be a good idea. I also think this forum would be better named Theology, since there are lots of theological matters we like to discuss which are not directly rooted in the Bible.

Jan 8, 2009
Most discussions are related to the bible and I think that's important. It must be relevant and practical to todays social and political events.

G

giantone

I'm guilty of it. But I think a little bit of other things so long as they concern Christians should be posted somewhere, And your right they should have another forum for things like that.

I'll try to keep from straying too far from not discussing the Bible or things pertaining to it but I won't promise not to do it.

We all can help things by what threads we start so the old ones that have been hammered at within an inch of there life are more likely to fall back, and keep things new and interesting.

S

suaso

Most of the stuff I like to discuss would be theological and nature, but the miscellaneous forum is just too random and crowded with "LOL wuts ur fav soda?!!?!11?!" threads, so I post it in the Bible forum.

M

Maddog

So Suaso, would you think it would be a good idea to re-name this the Theology forum (or something similar), or do you think there should be a new forum to discuss such things?

S

suaso

I think this could stay the Bible Forum.

Then maybe, if the mods/admins would feel so inclined, we could have these forums:
- Theology Forum
- Morality and Ethics forum
- Christianity and History forum
- Suaso is super awesome forum

That should cover everything. Ironically, I think it is telling that many Christians feel that they can't adequately discuss their Christian faith if they are restricted to Biblical topics alone.

M

Maddog

I think this could stay the Bible Forum.

Then maybe, if the mods/admins would feel so inclined, we could have these forums:
- Theology Forum
- Morality and Ethics forum
- Christianity and History forum
- Suaso is super awesome forum

That should cover everything.
Aye, though of course if it were up to me I'd also have a tobacco discussion forum, but then I suppose I can always retreat to www.christianpipesmokers.net (by the way, you should bob over there at some point, Suaso, everyone's jolly friendly and there's lots of good discussions. We've got Catholics as well!)

Ironically, I think it is telling that many Christians feel that they can't adequately discuss their Christian faith if they are restricted to Biblical topics alone.
I think this is endemic among Evangelicals. I should know since I was one for several years. Their enthusiasm for the Bible is admirable, though I do think they are sometimes rather restricting themselves in their understanding of the Faith.

G

giantone

Most of the stuff I like to discuss would be theological and nature, but the miscellaneous forum is just too random and crowded with "LOL wuts ur fav soda?!!?!11?!" threads, so I post it in the Bible forum.

Very well put.

M

motojojo

Lets don't change anything because we wouldn't know where to go for a good debate, my wife loves for me to argue or debate with you guy's and not Her.

G

greatkraw

Lets don't change anything because we wouldn't know where to go for a good debate, my wife loves for me to argue or debate with you guy's and not Her.

Did you explain to her that a woman should remain quiet in church and ask her husband at home?

Nov 12, 2009
I agree that we cannot be too worldly but we can not ignore what is going on in this world. We are in the last days of this earth and there are signs that we need to see, as believers. No one knows the day or time but like a woman giving birth, the earth is exibiting "birth pains" that will signal the end of time. I encourage people to read BOTH Daniel AND Revelation.

Is it just me, or is anyone else sick of seeing threads on this forum that have nothing to do with the Bible. I mean, there are things that need to be discussed in a Christian context, but since they aren't directly related to the Bible. I think there should be a "Christians and Society" forum or something. It bothers me enough that Christians hold political, world and societal views that they can't justify Biblically but it's even worse to see those on what's supposed to be a Bible Discussion Forum without any scriptural reference in the whole thread. Right now I feel like if I don't see more Bible discussion on this forum I'm going to leave this site and never come back.

Jan 31, 2009
I think if you don't like the site then go find one that you like, I mean how childish can we get. If I don't get my way, I am going to take my Ball and go home.

Right now I feel like if I don't see more Bible discussion on this forum I'm going to leave this site and never come back.
this site was here before you came here and will be here after you and I are both gone
I would like to see, it where that if one posts scripture that it only be King James version used, I don't like it because people come in here and complain about how things are done, how the forum is set up, how the moderators, do or don't respond, Paul taught to be content no matter what was going on, now the bible discussion forum is where I spend probably 95% my time while I am at this site. But I never saw anyone come in here and thank the moderators for their time, thank the people that have put site together, so that we can come and discuss things. I mean If I had my way I would have already banned several people and I know if others had their way I would have been banned myself. But I am not starting thread on my personal opinion. there is not many times that I agree with snail , but I think he is right, you fuss about threads not being about Bible , so you start a thread about your wants, I would suggest that you find the suggestion thread and stay in there and complain, or talk with a moderator and tell them you have some thoughts on how to make this a better forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.