Discussion on Acts 5:34-42 (KJV)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 12, 2018
If you have not read it yourself, read it.

Also id like to point out:
- Luke 7:13-14 (KJV)

It is all just confirmation to me,
that Jesus Christ is the true Holy foundation.

Tell us how you feel:)
Praises and have a great day.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
No thanks - I've had enough of the KJV only folk and the topic - I will no longer post in KJV threads or answer KJV only related posts or attackers of other versions of the bible.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
It is all just confirmation to me, that Jesus Christ is the true Holy foundation.

Since neither of those passages make any reference to a "foundation" or "holy foundation", how did you arrive at this conclusion?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

Gamaliel was wise.. And i half believe that Gamaliel was being convicted by the preaching of the Apostles and did not want to be part of their execution..

Not sure what link you see between the Acts 5 verses and the Luke7 verses ?

Feb 12, 2018
As Christians we must walk the narrow path, and Acts 5 means to me that Christ's name is going no where.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
As Christians we must walk the narrow path, and Acts 5 means to me that Christ's name is going no where.
How did you arrive at this conclusion? There must always be something in Scripture to draw a conclusion. While the Gospel was opposed primarily by unbelieving Jews, God used the Gospel and His servants to establish Christianity throughout Europe and other parts of the world. So what do you mean by "Christ's name is going no where"?

Feb 12, 2018
How did you arrive at this conclusion? There must always be something in Scripture to draw a conclusion. While the Gospel was opposed primarily by unbelieving Jews, God used the Gospel and His servants to establish Christianity throughout Europe and other parts of the world. So what do you mean by "Christ's name is going no where"?
a name that forever stands.

Johnny_B

Mar 18, 2017
Paul study under Gamaliel, Acts 5:34-42 is speaking of the time when Christ was born in verse 5:37 it is speaking of that census.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
This thread is making no sense.

F

finaldesire

KJVBO, you must have other interests you can share than this. Why are you so consumed by the idea of one book being 100% flawless. Let me ask you a question, what is greater a flawless KJV or a flawless God?

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
This is the kind of warped interpretation that is trying to creep into the church on the back of the KJVO heresy. Once that KJVO lie has been established it can be used as a support structure for further corruption.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
KJVBO, you must have other interests you can share than this. Why are you so consumed by the idea of one book being 100% flawless. Let me ask you a question, what is greater a flawless KJV or a flawless God?
Why are you attacking the KJV Bible..

If you do not want to take part in this thread then don't..

For me i am sick and disgusted with the amount of anti - KJV,ism being pushed in this website..

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
This thread is making no sense.
For once we are in agreement. There is no connection between the Scripture quoted and the remarks relating to it thus far. So let's look at that passage:

GAMALIEL ADDRESSES THE “COUNCIL” (SANHEDRIN)
34 Then stood there up one in the council, a Pharisee, named Gamaliel, a doctor of the law, had in reputation among all the people, and commanded to put the apostles forth a little space;

GAMALIEL CAUTIONS THE COUNCIL
35 And said unto them, Ye men of Israel, take heed to yourselves what ye intend to do as touching these men.

GAMALIEL MENTIONS OTHER GROUPS WHO CAME TO NOTHING
36 For before these days rose up Theudas, boasting himself to be somebody; to whom a number of men, about four hundred, joined themselves: who was slain; and all, as many as obeyed him, were scattered, and brought to nought.

After this man rose up Judas of Galilee in the days of the taxing, and drew away much people after him: he also perished; and all, even as many as obeyed him, were dispersed.

GAMALIEL ADVISES THE SANHEDRIN TO “LET THEM ALONE”
38 And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought:

GAMALIEL SPEAKS A WORD OF WISDOM AND WARNING
39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.

THE COUNCIL ACCEPTS GAMALIEL’S ADVICE TO A DEGREE
40 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.

THE APOSTLES DEPART AND REJOICE AT THEIR PERSECUTION
41 And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

CHRIST IS PREACHED DAILY AND THE NAME OF JESUS IS EXALTED
42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.

MHz

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
No thanks - I've had enough of the KJV only folk and the topic - I will no longer post in KJV threads or answer KJV only related posts or attackers of other versions of the bible.
So does that announcement make it your last post?? I love that version.