Divorce..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Syma

Aug 7, 2021
Sorry to hear about your divorce. Been there myself, but it was meant to be. It takes two to make a marriage work. I pray for better days ahead of you
🙏I guess it's to keep seeking first the Kingdom of our Father God! Surely trusting Him all the way. Sometimes when you look at your age you start to think it can never happen. But encouraged by Scripture, you stand still in the Lord🙉
Sorry to hear about your divorce. Been there myself, but it was meant to be. It takes two to make a marriage work. I pray for better days ahead of you

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
Amen to what everybody else has said, and, I don't know your circumstances, but I know with certainty that God rewards the people that seek his kingdom and his rightousness- all is never lost.

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
Amen to what everybody else has said, and, I don't know your circumstances, but I know with certainty that God rewards the people that seek his kingdom and his righteousness- all is never lost.
Oh, but in our human ignorance it can feel like all is lost. I won't go into the full litany that bring me to that conclusion, and that took me more than a decade and a half. These days I feel that loss and suffering often carry a lesson though it may not be evident for a long time. There are those who will see the loser as a failure; accusing them of repugnant sin, and withholding forgiveness even though we know that forgiveness follows repentance and none can give it but God.

Those who weep the night through for months on end, apologizing to God for our failure and greeted only by his silence and the condemnation of those who think themselves righteous. One day we will stand before God and all of us will know.

Syma

Aug 7, 2021
Having been through one in my first marriage years ago I can say that it can be very painful. Others here have experience divorce too. Hopefully, you'll find comfort and support from the members of this site. Glad to have you as part of our community. Welcome to CC.
Thank you...
So painful that you feel you must have been unworthy of your partner.... The stigma in Ministry that the status gives you can hinder spiritual service in some places. Not many
You will find comfort here with empathy from other members.
"Time heals all wounds". Be patient.
Yep! Actually I am NOW over the pain. Out of the period of denial and able to offer much counsel too. I moved and am busy in Ministry. This, and Coupled with the wealth of counsel here indeed..... wounds which have become scars are points of reference. Stay Blessed!🙏👍

Syma

Aug 7, 2021
Tha
Just have a little talk with Jesus. He can give you peace in the midst of the storm. If you've still got Jesus, then you still have:) everything that matters most. God bless you and welcome to your new family, dear sister Syma.:):coffee:
Thank you big Bro.... I will learn under you and the Brethren. When memories decide to haunt, I will continue to have a little chat with Jesus!😀🙏

Syma

Aug 7, 2021
Tha
Just have a little talk with Jesus. He can give you peace in the midst of the storm. If you've still got Jesus, then you still have:) everything that matters most. God bless you and welcome to your new family, dear sister Syma.:):coffee:
Thank you big Bro.... I will learn under you and the Brethren. When memories decide to haunt, I w continue to have a little chat with Jesus!😀🙏
Oh, but in our human ignorance it can feel like all is lost. I won't go into the full litany that bring me to that conclusion, and that took me more than a decade and a half. These days I feel that loss and suffering often carry a lesson though it may not be evident for a long time. There are those who will see the loser as a failure; accusing them of repugnant sin, and withholding forgiveness even though we know that forgiveness follows repentance and none can give it but God.

Those who weep the night through for months on end, apologizing to God for our failure and greeted only by his silence and the condemnation of those who think themselves righteous. One day we will stand before God and all of us will know.
Oh...so true! Thank you. And thanks to Jesus for being the only one to accept our condition when sometimes, all one gets is condemnation and rejection. And thanks to all on this thread for your counsel. 👍🙏.

Syma

Aug 7, 2021
Amen to what everybody else has said, and, I don't know your circumstances, but I know with certainty that God rewards the people that seek his kingdom and his rightousness- all is never lost.
Hi....thanks for the encouragement. I have learnt much. Awaiting eternal rewards!👍

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
Tha

Thank you big Bro.... I will learn under you and the Brethren. When memories decide to haunt, I w continue to have a little chat with Jesus!😀🙏

Oh...so true! Thank you. And thanks to Jesus for being the only one to accept our condition when sometimes, all one gets is condemnation and rejection. And thanks to all on this thread for your counsel. 👍🙏.
Probably just a Denominational difference thing. I see Jesus as the intermediary between us and God, with the Holy Spirit carrying the message.

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
Sitting here near midnight my Divorce still hurts me so much at times. Is my continued life punishment for failing? Mark 10:8-9
I feel without excuse.

Mario

Aug 14, 2021
Hello, I am new here. I am also separated. I know the pain can be overwhelming and it is tough cross to bear.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Sitting here near midnight my Divorce still hurts me so much at times. Is my continued life punishment for failing? Mark 10:8-9
I feel without excuse.
God wants to mend your broken heart. I don't how He does it, but I know that He can and that He wants to. God bless you.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I feel without excuse.
A divorce is a very severe wound. One that will definitely change your life.

BUT

It's not the end of your life. You are just going to have a different one than what you had planned.

Look at the facts:
God created ALL life... including yours.

He sent Jesus so that your life can be more abundant/full/rich.

Yes divorce sucks... especially after such a long marriage. At this point I'd dare say that you have had more time on this Earth married than single.

So...guess what?
You now get to relearn how to be single and enjoy the freedoms of a life as an unmarried person. New friends as well as old friends blended together. Places to go and people to see and participate with.

People recover from losing limbs... you will recover too. Just have to accept the reality of where you are, learn from the mistakes made, and move forward.

Syma

Aug 7, 2021

BUT

It's not the end of your life. You are just going to have a different one than what you had planned.

Look at the facts:

Yes divorce sucks... especially after such a long marriage. At this point I'd dare say that you have had more time on this Earth married than single.

So...guess what?
You now get to relearn how to be single and enjoy the freedoms of a life as an unmarried person. New friends as well as old friends blended together. Places to go and people to see and participate with.

People recover from losing limbs... you will recover too. Just have to accept the reality of where you are, learn from the mistakes made, and move forward.
Hi Beloved Brethren! I'm suffocating 🙉. So much pain and wounds out there and here! Did we really have to fail???? I now wish I had started a thread on 'Worship' other than 'Divorce'. Because after all has been said and done.... Jesus is still deserving of the Glory and the Worship🙏, Our sin (mostly), whether blamed on each other or not, somehow made God look so far away when it hurt Yet, He wishes Above ALL things that we be prospered and be in good health. 3John2. So our now lives can still focus on Jesus the Author, and perfector of all things. So, let's be comforted and switch to Praise❤️Love you ALL
Isaiah40

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX

BUT

Look at the facts:

So...guess what?

Thank you.

Mario

Aug 14, 2021
The Lord makes everything good. Divorce itself is painful. Since my divorce I have been drawn closer to God, especially God the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary. I am fortunate in that I remained Friends with my ex. She has also become closer to Christ since our divorce. It hard to understand The Lords plan at times. But it's nice when He gives you a glimpse and reassures you are on the right path.

Syma

Aug 7, 2021
Hi
The Lord makes everything good. Divorce itself is painful. Since my divorce I have been drawn closer to God, especially God the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary. I am fortunate in that I remained Friends with my ex. She has also become closer to Christ since our divorce. It hard to understand The Lords plan at times. But it's nice when He gives you a glimpse and reassures you are on the right path.
Hi Mario... I'm not sure I understand what you mean -staying close to the virgin Mary. May be an issue of doctrinal beliefs😯. Am I missing something?

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Hi

Hi Mario... I'm not sure I understand what you mean -staying close to the virgin Mary. May be an issue of doctrinal beliefs😯. Am I missing something?
Yes... Catholicism...Mario is Catholic.