Divorced man situation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 14, 2009
The statement stands: If his wife defiled their marriage, then that is not the man's doing. So then the woman is not faithful to him, so then how can she be faithful to God?

For if I do not love my brother who I can see, how can I love God, who I cannot see?

He could forgive her, but she takes the high road and has not given him even that chance for reconciliation. Again, her doing.

So then if she is not faithful, and he is, he should be with someone who is faithful.

J

jimmydiggs

Adam committed a sin too.
Should have paid attention to the last verse. That's what the end was.

1 Cor 15:22
22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

Dec 14, 2009
Agreed. We all sin. Every one of us. And none are perfect. And Jesus died to save us from death.

But for my own benifit and for others benifit, I would not advise someone to be with someone who has betrayed them when a sexual relationship is such a close and personal bond.

I do not say divorce is ok. But it happens. And God knows it happens.

someone's betrayal of their husband is like the betrayal of a brother. It is not a loving action.

And the person who does the divorcing and cheating in this situation, is not giving a chance for reconciliation. The man may forgive, but he wont be reconciled to his wife for she has divorced him. She has betrayed him, and therefore what she has done unto her brother, she has done unto God.

So that's why I quote the verse 'What likeness do unbeliever and believer have, or what fellowship?'

In otherwords, how can a husband/wife relationship survive with unfaithfulness at it's heart? If one is faithful and the other unfaithful, then one puts trust and effort into something that is worthless to the other. If it is true that the man has been cheated and divorced, that is the woman's doing.

So it is better for the man to be with someone who is faithful, or to remain single.

If he puts his trust and love and heart into a wife on shaky ground, his heart will be heavy and burdened.

She does not believe in faithfulness as he does.

So he should be with someone who is faithful.

J

jimmydiggs

Agreed. We all sin. Every one of us. And none are perfect. And Jesus died to save us from death.

But for my own benifit and for others benifit, I would not advise someone to be with someone who has betrayed them when a sexual relationship is such a close and personal bond.

I do not say divorce is ok. But it happens. And God knows it happens.

someone's betrayal of their husband is like the betrayal of a brother. It is not a loving action.

And the person who does the divorcing and cheating in this situation, is not giving a chance for reconciliation. The man may forgive, but he wont be reconciled to his wife for she has divorced him. She has betrayed him, and therefore what she has done unto her brother, she has done unto God.

So that's why I quote the verse 'What likeness do unbeliever and believer have, or what fellowship?'

In otherwords, how can a husband/wife relationship survive with unfaithfulness at it's heart? If one is faithful and the other unfaithful, then one puts trust and effort into something that is worthless to the other. If it is true that the man has been cheated and divorced, that is the woman's doing.

So it is better for the man to be with someone who is faithful, or to remain single.

If he puts his trust and love and heart into a wife on shaky ground, his heart will be heavy and burdened.

She does not believe in faithfulness as he does.

So he should be with someone who is faithful.
You have missed my point entirely.

F

forgiven904

The honest and most important thing anyone can do is to open your heart and pour out all your questions to God, He will give you the knowledge and understanding through more intimate time reading the word. Everyone has opinions and relates it to text, but keep your focus on God and not so much on people or their opinions, because the one thing for sure is, that everyone's opinions will vary and yes some may be in relation to the word, but it will take a personal word from God regarding your situation to see your way through with hope and not condemnation, people will easily condemn you but not too many will present your issue to GOd for you like you, and that's why it is so important to start a dialogue with Jesus Christ our personal savior.

B

BarlyGurl

Sorry, I thought your post said he abandoned his wife....but he was abandoned BY his wife.

Sweetie, God doesn't expect us to suffer for other people's sins. May you both be blessed in your relationship :). Put Christ in the center and you will be amazed at what happens.
Umm... I find your response to my post strange. I in no way made any allusion that God expect us to suffer for other people's sins.

But since you bring it up "sweetie"...It is a Matter of fact that the entire human race has been suffering because of other people's sins since the Garden of Eden.

E

Elisa

BarlyGurl, I think Lucy's answer was directed at me and my original post. :)
Thank you all for your answers. God bless you!

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
BarlyGurl, I think Lucy's answer was directed at me and my original post. :)
Thank you all for your answers. God bless you!

True :). I usually don't read the other posts before I post.

B

BarlyGurl

True :). I usually don't read the other posts before I post.
Yes ... I see that... we both made this mistake in reading the post.
I would change "my" to this... otherwise reply the same. Thanks for noticing my mistake.