Divorcing!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

David927

Sep 3, 2018
Please pray for me going through a horrific divorce after 27 years!!!!

David927

Sep 3, 2018
Thank you so much....the anxiety of not being with that person you've spend everyday for the past 27 years is unbearable...especially when they're all you know...

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
Thank you so much....the anxiety of not being with that person you've spend everyday for the past 27 years is unbearable...especially when they're all you know...
It's a pain that truly hurts your heart.
Is there a Divorce Care program in your area? You may find encouragement during this time being apart of a group like that. And prayerfully, healing too.
I think you can google it and see where meeting are held.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
David, I have great empathy with your situation... Has been 27 years here as well, have been separated for 1.5 years now. While the pain, and anxiety are not as horrific today as it was thru the first 12 months of separation - I found that following the advice of those in here was so helpful... Give it all to the Lord, while focusing upon becoming the best christian version of yourself you can... Lord knows that I prayed, strived and attempted to create conditions for reconciliation - but ultimately I had to give it all to him. At the end of the day (1.5 years) the Lord has shown me that her soul was never genuinely committed to US, and our family bound as he had intended... With increased faith, and patience I now trust in the Lord and the magnificent potential of the master-plan that he must have in store for me and my family. I've had a lot of time to self-reflect and come to the realization that the life that I had planned for this lifetime was not necessarily driving me toward my full spiritual capacity to earn his eternal favor and salvation. I have found the strength to have hope and excitement for the great opportunities he has in store for the rest of this life.
I will pray for you, and I know that it is difficult, and I pray that your situation results in reconciliation with your wife via our Lord, and I hope that my experience helps you to realize that by giving this burden to the Lord - regardless of the outcome - he will always be there for and with you. God Bless

David927

Sep 3, 2018
Ok thanks....but gotta keep on fighting with prayer no matter how bad it looks
...prayer changes everything! the crazy thing about this is my wife is a chaplin!!!

David927

Sep 3, 2018
And my divorce is very complicated from court battles to losing my apartment and more!!!....we were so tight but like everone else we had our share of problems...it could had been worked out but it takes two to tango!

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
I'm sorry to hear that, and I feel your pain, anxiety and struggle... You are in need of a life-raft - hopefully you can reach out to your pastor, relatives, friends or a support group... God Bless

David927

Sep 3, 2018
Thank you...it's been a month since we've talked or seened each other. no communications whatsoever due to court order...very very bad and ugly divorce...never thought in a 1000 years this would happen but we are both a fault....she is an awesome woman but alot has happened between us..!!!

David927

Sep 3, 2018
If anyone out here is reading these posts and have martial issues i would strongly suggest to go before god , forgive and work things out because the effects of divorce go beyond a liftime and the implications will trickle through out generations and will rip families apart in the future!!

David927

Sep 3, 2018
Heavenly father i pray for all the married couples that are having problems to come before you hand in hand and ask for your love, guidance and reconciliation for their marriages and blessings for their families that are so affected by seperation and divorce!....in jesus name AMEN!!!

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
Lord Jesus, I lift up David to you in prayer, that you would give him strength within his spirit to persevere, and keep abiding in You Lord in the days to come. Lord, I know that as David stays close to You & abides in Your truth daily, that peace will follow. Exodus 14:14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."
You may have heard this song, but its really a faith statement & prayer to remind yourself of daily...In the "Eye of the Storm, He remains in control"

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
Another prayer.....God's heart is to redeem all things that seem lost or broken in ones life. Even when life hurts, and all the hopes & dreams for your marriage feel shattered & destroyed, Your Heavenly Father is able to restore, redeem & renew & rebuild. As with all believers who are going through the storms of life, its so important to have a heart of complete surrender to the Lord, and He is able to work wonders when we humbly come before Him. My prayer is simply that the Lord Will would be done in your marriage!

David927

Sep 3, 2018
Thank all of you for your prayers and support....god bless you all!--

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless David927 and this prayer. In Jesus precious name, Amen!

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m so sorry to hear about your divorce situation and the struggles you are going through, friend. I’m praying, asking our Heavenly Father to comfort you and your wife daily with evidences of His great love and compassion (Lamentations 3:22-23). May He bring in healing, provide for all you needs and give you guidance according to His perfect will.

Also, if you feel it might be helpful, you may get in touch with a counselor. I know that Focus on the Family can provide a free phone consultation with a licensed counselor if you call this number 855-382-5433.