Do catholics worship God or the pope?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
This is big speculation.
According to Josephus a Jews historian, Jews start call Rome as Babylon after the years AD 70 after Rome destroy Jerusalem.According to catholic version history, peter die in AD 67. Time line not fit

This was what clement say am I correct?
it doesn't say peter at Rome et all, just say he suffer from jealousy, how in the world it use to prove peter in rome
http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/1clement.html

DeanM

May 4, 2021
I dont think there is scripture that puts Paul in Rome. Some Gnostic might but no bible writings.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014

oyster67

May 24, 2014
As the title says: do catholics worship God or the pope?

Do they allow the pope to come between them and God?
Most modern Catholics just worship filthy lucre right along with the rest of us.

BenjaminN

Oct 7, 2020
Pope Francis Says All Major Religions Are Paths To Same God

John 14

6Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Revelation 13

8All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Empowered by the eye-in-the pyramid mamon money powered, one satanic false prophet, united religious New World Order Vatican Council II, empowering a non-cloud returning earthly false messiah as satanic world ruler, entering a newly to be constructed Jewish false messianic temple in Jerusalem, without the resurrected dead, not according to 1 Thess 4:16, but according to:

2 Thessalonians 2

3Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits [c]as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

BenjaminN

Oct 7, 2020
They render unto the Church the things which are the Churchs' and unto the Son the things which are the Sons'.
Is the Church not the Body of the Son, and are they not One, to approach the Father God through the Son and the Son alone?

Matthew 16

18And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church (not the pope's), and the gates of Hades shall not [g]prevail against it.

John 14

6Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
Pope Francis Says All Major Religions Are Paths To Same God

John 14

And in John 6:44 it is written Jesus said , " No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: " Thus it is written, and no man knows who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him. [see Luke 10:22]

Of course you have an unction of the Holy One and know all things and need not that any man should teach you any thing but the same anointing you received from him shall teach you all things because you know the truth and no lie is of the truth.
  • Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Matt 7:13
  • Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matt 7:14

BenjaminN

Oct 7, 2020

Of course you have an unction of the Holy One...
The Holy One being God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and them alone, not any other holy ones with capital H's and O's in God's Word for sure...

Apr 12, 2021
My mom and dad were Roman Catholic, me too until 8 years ago, and we all worship God the Father Son and Holy Spirit. That said, many in the rcc believe that the Pope is the manifestation of the Trinity here on earth, and worship the Pope accordinglwith titles such as: Holy Father (pope = papa = papacy), pontiff (mediator or bridge), and Vicar of Jesus Christ (vicariously or in the place of Jesus Christ).

Pope - Father
Pontiff - Son
Vicar - Holy Spirit

The Pope is fallible and a sinner and should not be worshipped.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
I don't have time to read all, but no solid evident.
Clement didn't say anything about peter being in Rome

If you found skull and bone, how you know it is belong to peter, DNA test must use DNA sample.
To me, it is only politic propaganda.
There were inscriptions with the body

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
My mom and dad were Roman Catholic, me too until 8 years ago, and we all worship God the Father Son and Holy Spirit. That said, many in the rcc believe that the Pope is the manifestation of the Trinity here on earth, and worship the Pope accordinglwith titles such as: Holy Father (pope = papa = papacy), pontiff (mediator or bridge), and Vicar of Jesus Christ (vicariously or in the place of Jesus Christ).

Pope - Father
Pontiff - Son
Vicar - Holy Spirit

The Pope is fallible and a sinner and should not be worshipped.
Jerry please provide quotes from official sources.

Mark47Oz

Jun 4, 2021
I can't believe the Peter in Rome, Paul is the true leader is still going on in this thread lol.

Catholics view it like this;
Peter was given the keys to the Kingdom by Jesus upon the cross

Paul is the great defender of the faith and sorted out a lot of apostasy as the church was in its infancy.

The Papacy traces its lineage back to Peter because he came before Paul. But Paul is an extremely important figure in the RCC too.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Of what I've stated, with which do you disagree?
Hi Jerry hearsay does not prove your claims. If what you say is a true statement about catholic beliefs and you say you are a former catholic then documenting what you say from official sources should not be hard to do. So, please document wha you say from Official sources.