Do Christians have "demons" in us/around/both? Where do our thoughts come from?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

7seasrekeyed

Let me rephrase that.... Mary believed and lived for God. If she did not then why did the angel say " you have found favor with God?" God does not grant favor to those who don't belong to him....Oh and Jesus is God...always has been so he was God from the beginning of time and when he came on earth he was fully God and fully man = Jesus.

oh my lands

are you trying to say that the Mary that had 7 demons cast out of her was Jesus mother?

that Mary, that had the demons cast out, was a prostitute

you might need a commentary yourself if you do not understand what the sequence of events is

what makes you think I don't know who Jesus is?

would that be because I am pointing out the typical demon hysteria in the way you 'preach' about demons?

7seasrekeyed

I'll say one thing regarding the article you linked to

there are plenty of religious demons skulking around

Charisima mag leans to the left of Christianity and supports movements that are unbiblical...like NAR

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Have you ever encountered demons? Have you ever been to a healing/deliverance service?
If you ever encounter a demon you will not wish to ever encounter one again.

Acts 19:13 ¶ Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

J

JB2018

does an article written by someone who believes as do you take authority over scripture?

far too many folks chasing demons

I've personally seen some real sideshows when it comes to supposedly casting out demons

shouting, screaming and a million I rebuke yous, do not ever take the place of authority in a believer who understands the demons are already defeated but love to put on a show

it isn't a power struggle...should not be a power struggle

how did Jesus dismiss the devil?
Jesus has authority. Demons respond to authority. The bible says he spoke as one having authority. And, it has nothing to do with screaming, yelling, etc. With authority partnered with the word of God its like an atomic bomb. And, just because someone quotes scripture but do not have the holy spirit nor lives for God will not make a demon flee. Take the sons of sceva for example (Acts 19:11-20).

J

JB2018

oh my lands

are you trying to say that the Mary that had 7 demons cast out of her was Jesus mother?

that Mary, that had the demons cast out, was a prostitute

you might need a commentary yourself if you do not understand what the sequence of events is

what makes you think I don't know who Jesus is?

would that be because I am pointing out the typical demon hysteria in the way you 'preach' about demons?
luke 8:2

J

JB2018

If you ever encounter a demon you will not wish to ever encounter one again.

Acts 19:13 ¶ Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

I've encountered some but I'm not afraid of them and we as believers should never be afraid of them. They're actually powerless unless we give them power over us.

7seasrekeyed

Jesus has authority. Demons respond to authority. The bible says he spoke as one having authority. And, it has nothing to do with screaming, yelling, etc. With authority partnered with the word of God its like an atomic bomb. And, just because someone quotes scripture but do not have the holy spirit nor lives for God will not make a demon flee. Take the sons of sceva for example (Acts 19:11-20).

Dude!

you think Jesus' mother had 7 demons cast out of her

you lost all credibility with me right there...and seems I had you right the first go...too much demon blah blah

News Flash: Jesus is still casting out demons through the authority of the believer IN Him

however, those who know how this actually works, don't chase demons, don't blame demons for everything and know that Jesus mother did not have 7 demons cast out of her

tell you what, let's discuss how you came to the conclusion that the mother of Jesus was Mary Magdalene?

7seasrekeyed

oh man

I would slug you physically if you came anywhere near me to pray for me

LOL!

see my post. you are so far off that honestly, it would be humorous if demon chasing was not a profession for some when it is actually one of the signs following believers

that being said, I think notuptome might be right regarding actually dealing with a bonified demon

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I've encountered some but I'm not afraid of them and we as believers should never be afraid of them. They're actually powerless unless we give them power over us.
I doubt it. The sons of Sceva found out the hard way. They claimed authority they did not have as well. You have a behavior in search of scripture.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

J

JB2018

Dude!

you think Jesus' mother had 7 demons cast out of her

you lost all credibility with me right there...and seems I had you right the first go...too much demon blah blah

News Flash: Jesus is still casting out demons through the authority of the believer IN Him

however, those who know how this actually works, don't chase demons, don't blame demons for everything and know that Jesus mother did not have 7 demons cast out of her

tell you what, let's discuss how you came to the conclusion that the mother of Jesus was Mary Magdalene?
Can a babe in christ (one without the spirit of God) cast out a devil?
Also, my mistake concerning Mary. I just looked into. My not afraid to admit I made a mistake. And, another thing 1/3 of the angels in heaven were cast down to the earth. That's 1/3 of a number we do not know. And, no one should ever go after a demon unless the enemy is attacking them or a loved one or if the holy spirit gives them permission. Then its very vital to be sensitive to him during that time.

J

JB2018

I doubt it. The sons of Sceva found out the hard way. They claimed authority they did not have as well. You have a behavior in search of scripture.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
so you're saying they're not powerless?

shrume

Jun 26, 2017
Can a babe in christ (one without the spirit of God) cast out a devil?
Babes in Christ are Christian, and by definition, all Christians have the spirit of God (Acts 2:38; Eph 1:13).

J

JB2018

oh man

I would slug you physically if you came anywhere near me to pray for me

LOL!

see my post. you are so far off that honestly, it would be humorous if demon chasing was not a profession for some when it is actually one of the signs following believers

that being said, I think notuptome might be right regarding actually dealing with a bonified demon
LOL oh God please don't do that haha but in all seriousness some people encounter demons daily though. And, some experience more spiritual warfare than others but we all do experience spiritual warfare at some point in their lives. It can overwhelming.

J

JB2018

Babes in Christ are Christian, and by definition, all Christians have the spirit of God (Acts 2:38; Eph 1:13).
can you interpret those scriptures?

7seasrekeyed

LOL oh God please don't do that haha but in all seriousness some people encounter demons daily though. And, some experience more spiritual warfare than others but we all do experience spiritual warfare at some point in their lives. It can overwhelming.

I actually do not disagree with the above

but yah don't wanna touch the Mary thing, eh?

okay

and also some women who had been healed of evil spirits and sicknesses: Mary who was called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out, Luke 8:2

that was not Mary the mother of Jesus

you really outta correct that for future reference

J

JB2018

okay

and also some women who had been healed of evil spirits and sicknesses: Mary who was called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out, Luke 8:2

I said my mistake lol What do you want me to do? Go scream it on the mountain top ? haha but you're right. That was an error on my part. Mary magalene was not the mother of Jesus.

J

JB2018

okay

In your opinion, what's the worse part of experiencing spiritual warfare?