Do demons possess children?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

joefizz

A church is a gathering of people. As for the building that houses those people, it is a point of gathering that holds sacred power because of that. But if this gathering is corrupted then it holds no sacred power, and then why would God protect it? I think most churches are corrupted these days especially in America. And if you really feel the need to carry a weapon to church, well, you are part of the pollution of something which is supposed to be sacred and pure. By all means have people guard the church from outside if you feel the need, but why does God require weapons during a gathering which should be a faith in God and peace, not paranoia of possible war and conflict where blood will be shed? It is impure.
I get what you mean it's true we have alot of "so called churches" here in america that allow ungodly things and blaspheme God and his word hiding behind the "title" of church,and you are correct in that God is against blood shed in his house,but there is something to be said for "keeping order" guns aren't a great idea to me either but at the least weapons in a visual sense can "intimidate" wicked people from seeking to hurt people at a church,remember Jesus told his disciples to purchase 2 swords not for blood shed,but for to discourage the wicked from so quickly attacking them,after all you don't have to "use"weapons to give an indication that you won't stand for evil actions at a church.

Sep 3, 2016
Are you implying that the 'otherwise your children are unclean' passage refers to children being susceptible to possession?
Yes. If both parents are unsaved there is no spiritual influence on the children in that family. Please understand that I am not speaking about salvation. All children nineteen and below go to Heaven according to the age of accountability in the bible.

The Age of Accountability as Defined by God

• Preceeding paragraphs have shown that God's Bible says children are not fully capable of distinguishing between good and evil (Deu 1.39, Isa 7.16).
  • Numbers 14.29 and Deuteronomy 1.39 establish the precedent that God will NOT hold children responsible when He brings judgment for sin.
  • What is a "child?" By inference from Numbers 14.29, a "child" is a person who is aged 19 or younger.
  • CONCLUSION: Only those persons age 20 and older are held accountable for sin.

[SUB][/SUB] Every one that passeth among them that are numbered, from twenty years old and above, shall give an offering unto the LORD. Exodus 30:14

God commanded those who were twenty years old and above to pay a ransom for their souls because anyone nineteen years and below were consider by God to be children and were under the protective head of the household. If he was only nineteen he was not old enough to pay a ransom for his own soul, he was still covered under his fathers ransom.

God will confirm this again in two other places of scripture. I am a firm believer in the "two witness theory," which is that there should be at least two scriptures to verify any Bible teaching that we use.

He decided to punish them by allowing them to die in the Wilderness. Israel was condemned to wander for the next forty years in the Wilderness while these people died. But God did not sentence everyone to die in the Wilderness. Along with Joshua, Caleb and their families he spared the children of those that had sinned against him. Anyone who was twenty years and older was condemned to die in the Wilderness because God held them accountable for their sin against him. But God in his mercy spared the children. Anyone who was nineteen years and under were spared and not held accountable because God saw them as children. Here are some of the scriptures to confirm this.

Num 14:29: Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward, which have murmured against me,

We can tell that he would destroy those who were twenty and older and spare those who were nineteen years and younger but, how does this prove accountability? Maybe he just picked a random number to spare and went by that? Well lets look in Deuteronomy and see what it says concerning their accountability.

Deuteronomy 1:39 Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.

This scripture is speaking of the same time that we just read about in Numbers 14:29. It is speaking of all Israel who was considered by the Lord to not be held accountable for the sins of Israel. In this verse he says because they had no knowledge between good and evil. This clearly shows us that in Gods view anyone who is under twenty years old is insufficient when it comes to making decisions about what is good and evil. He did not hold them accountable for themselves.[SUB][/SUB]

7seasrekeyed

Demons possessing children?
well I do think age plays a factor,but yes demon possession occurs to anyone particularly who prefers a sin filled life style I have seen this possession multiple times in adults but,children though I haven't witnessed such a thing,just the usual things like wanting everything to be theirs ya know phase type stuff,I have yet to see a child do anything horrendous as that it can be classified as demon possession,but I don't think it's impossible,after all hate can build up at nearly any age and satan works through that hate for possession.
Joe, demons do not possess children

people are woefully ignorant of what demons can and actually do however

maybe go back and read what I posted about the word possession before getting giddy thinking you know more than you do

I'm not being sarcastic. this is a serious subject and I about cringe when I read how little Christians responding in this thread actually know

demons cannot and do not possess willy nilly nor do they possess just about anyone

it is this type of rhetoric that needs to be avoided for any type of serious discussion in which the parties actually have the intent to learn ...from the Bible...

I have seen this possession multiple times in adults
I seriously doubt you have seen an actual possession and certainly not in a Christian. Demons do not own Christians

such a mess because the KJV and several others have badly translated the original

Last edited by a moderator:

7seasrekeyed

demons are not the bogeyman

ignorance and fear play a larger part in their operation than probably anything else

we are to focus on Jesus, not the devil, and we defeat the devil the same way Jesus did

IT IS WRITTEN

so many so called deliverance ministers (of which the Bible makes no mention so that in itself is a problem) create a bigger problem than the one that presented itself at the beginning

many issues could be solved simply by the person studying scripture, learning their position in Christ and taking authority over the influences in their life in the name of Jesus, standing firm and believing that the battle is already won

and is it any use to even say again that Christians are not possessed but they can and are 'influenced?' the reason people seek out a so called deliverance minister, is because they are ignorant of what the Bible says about their own ability to stand firm in Christ. it does not hurt to pray with people who have experience in these things, but burning candles, incantations and screaming at demons does more harm than good

I don't expect many will even listen to the above because it is also sadly a fact, that some like the 'mystique' of thinking they can battle the devil when in fact it is only through Christ we have any victory

Nov 6, 2017
demons are not the bogeyman

ignorance and fear play a larger part in their operation than probably anything else

we are to focus on Jesus, not the devil, and we defeat the devil the same way Jesus did

IT IS WRITTEN

so many so called deliverance ministers (of which the Bible makes no mention so that in itself is a problem) create a bigger problem than the one that presented itself at the beginning

many issues could be solved simply by the person studying scripture, learning their position in Christ and taking authority over the influences in their life in the name of Jesus, standing firm and believing that the battle is already won

and is it any use to even say again that Christians are not possessed but they can and are 'influenced?' the reason people seek out a so called deliverance minister, is because they are ignorant of what the Bible says about their own ability to stand firm in Christ. it does not hurt to pray with people who have experience in these things, but burning candles, incantations and screaming at demons does more harm than good

I don't expect many will even listen to the above because it is also sadly a fact, that some like the 'mystique' of thinking they can battle the devil when in fact it is only through Christ we have any victory
Many Christians are confused between actual demonization and the person they think is demonized manifesting works of the flesh, because the person refuses to grow up spiritually. 99% of the "demons" stand alone deliverance ministers talk about and encounter are not really demons, they are people who are bound to works of the flesh.

The Holy Spirit will not put you in front of actual demonized people until he knows you understand your identity in Christ and the authority you carry in Christ. I agree with you here when so many Christian act like they have witnessed and seen and confronted demons. The times we have it, was the opposite of what many report. It is usually the little old church lady who has been a member of the house for 60 years, a prayer leader and sister oh so spiritual. Yet you look in the past and she was directly responsible for getting rid of the right Pastors God called to the house.

People go looking for the ugly and the Holy Spirit steps aside and they find exactly what they are looking for. They do not notice the angel of light tearing their church apart, who is secretly laughing at them.

7seasrekeyed

Many Christians are confused between actual demonization and the person they think is demonized manifesting works of the flesh, because the person refuses to grow up spiritually. 99% of the "demons" stand alone deliverance ministers talk about and encounter are not really demons, they are people who are bound to works of the flesh.

The Holy Spirit will not put you in front of actual demonized people until he knows you understand your identity in Christ and the authority you carry in Christ. I agree with you here when so many Christian act like they have witnessed and seen and confronted demons. The times we have it, was the opposite of what many report. It is usually the little old church lady who has been a member of the house for 60 years, a prayer leader and sister oh so spiritual. Yet you look in the past and she was directly responsible for getting rid of the right Pastors God called to the house.

People go looking for the ugly and the Holy Spirit steps aside and they find exactly what they are looking for. They do not notice the angel of light tearing their church apart, who is secretly laughing at them.

I believe the devil toys with people and will be more than happy to lead them down the garden path of "I am a demon chaser and I have authority". people who loose focus on Christ, and may have had some success at dealing with the demonic may go that direction. it always ends in excess and non-biblical practices

IMO, demons are best left alone unless you have no choice and do not talk to them, respond to them or otherwise entertain them

they are all total liars and should be told to shut up and then cast out or away

thing is, Christians need to stop playing with a dish of pablum and tossing the pablum at those who try to actually help and expose the error

demons are ugly and they express themselves in ugly ways through human beings.

I hear you on the little old ladies. people say there is no such thing as a Jezebel spirit...but there most certainly is and it fits right in with the Ahab spirit. the Elijahs counter it and suffer for it

and people will mock the above but that's fine

in no way, shape or form am I saying someone is a Jezebel, or an Ahab or an Elijah...but these are biblical history lessons that repeat up to this day in various forums with different results

you cannot put the laws of God on their head (and by that I mean the basic workings of the universe as we know it and not the 10 commandments although they play a human part in there...but the cosmic realities of the battle between God and the devil) and ignore the consequences

deception is the main tool and it is rampant

end of rant...:p

7seasrekeyed

People go looking for the ugly and the Holy Spirit steps aside and they find exactly what they are looking for. They do not notice the angel of light tearing their church apart, who is secretly laughing at them
always

the stories I could tell

Nov 6, 2017
I believe the devil toys with people and will be more than happy to lead them down the garden path of "I am a demon chaser and I have authority". people who loose focus on Christ, and may have had some success at dealing with the demonic may go that direction. it always ends in excess and non-biblical practices

IMO, demons are best left alone unless you have no choice and do not talk to them, respond to them or otherwise entertain them

they are all total liars and should be told to shut up and then cast out or away

thing is, Christians need to stop playing with a dish of pablum and tossing the pablum at those who try to actually help and expose the error

demons are ugly and they express themselves in ugly ways through human beings.

I hear you on the little old ladies. people say there is no such thing as a Jezebel spirit...but there most certainly is and it fits right in with the Ahab spirit. the Elijahs counter it and suffer for it

and people will mock the above but that's fine

in no way, shape or form am I saying someone is a Jezebel, or an Ahab or an Elijah...but these are biblical history lessons that repeat up to this day in various forums with different results

you cannot put the laws of God on their head (and by that I mean the basic workings of the universe as we know it and not the 10 commandments although they play a human part in there...but the cosmic realities of the battle between God and the devil) and ignore the consequences

deception is the main tool and it is rampant

end of rant...:p
great scott, what a rant! Good one though. :cool:

7seasrekeyed

I know

poor you if you read it all...:rolleyes: :p ;)

my favorite part was the line about pablum

Mar 27, 2013
7seasrekeyed and beatslayer1970 Serious thanks for your replies. Definitely what I was looking for when I created this post; clear/concise explanations. And if you guys could add some scripture that I could study further, it would be great :)

Mar 27, 2013
Yes. If both parents are unsaved there is no spiritual influence on the children in that family. Please understand that I am not speaking about salvation. All children nineteen and below go to Heaven according to the age of accountability in the bible.

The Age of Accountability as Defined by God

• Preceeding paragraphs have shown that God's Bible says children are not fully capable of distinguishing between good and evil (Deu 1.39, Isa 7.16).
  • Numbers 14.29 and Deuteronomy 1.39 establish the precedent that God will NOT hold children responsible when He brings judgment for sin.
  • What is a "child?" By inference from Numbers 14.29, a "child" is a person who is aged 19 or younger.
  • CONCLUSION: Only those persons age 20 and older are held accountable for sin.

Every one that passeth among them that are numbered, from twenty years old and above, shall give an offering unto the LORD. Exodus 30:14

God commanded those who were twenty years old and above to pay a ransom for their souls because anyone nineteen years and below were consider by God to be children and were under the protective head of the household. If he was only nineteen he was not old enough to pay a ransom for his own soul, he was still covered under his fathers ransom.

God will confirm this again in two other places of scripture. I am a firm believer in the "two witness theory," which is that there should be at least two scriptures to verify any Bible teaching that we use.

He decided to punish them by allowing them to die in the Wilderness. Israel was condemned to wander for the next forty years in the Wilderness while these people died. But God did not sentence everyone to die in the Wilderness. Along with Joshua, Caleb and their families he spared the children of those that had sinned against him. Anyone who was twenty years and older was condemned to die in the Wilderness because God held them accountable for their sin against him. But God in his mercy spared the children. Anyone who was nineteen years and under were spared and not held accountable because God saw them as children. Here are some of the scriptures to confirm this.

Num 14:29: Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward, which have murmured against me,

We can tell that he would destroy those who were twenty and older and spare those who were nineteen years and younger but, how does this prove accountability? Maybe he just picked a random number to spare and went by that? Well lets look in Deuteronomy and see what it says concerning their accountability.

Deuteronomy 1:39 Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.

This scripture is speaking of the same time that we just read about in Numbers 14:29. It is speaking of all Israel who was considered by the Lord to not be held accountable for the sins of Israel. In this verse he says because they had no knowledge between good and evil. This clearly shows us that in Gods view anyone who is under twenty years old is insufficient when it comes to making decisions about what is good and evil. He did not hold them accountable for themselves.
Thank you for this! Definitely something I need to go back and study in greater detail. Awesome input!