Do Evangelicals hate Jesus?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
They who advocate lies hate truth, and so hate Christ.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Uhm. No?

What is the meaning of this topic? Evangelical christians agree (atleast last time I checked they did?) that Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father.

Are you saying evangelical christians advocate lies? What do you mean luigi? And btw. Do you happen to have a plumber brother called Mario?

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Uhm. No?

What is the meaning of this topic? Evangelical christians agree (atleast last time I checked they did?) that Jesus Christ is the only way to the Father.

Are you saying evangelical christians advocate lies? What do you mean luigi? And btw. Do you happen to have a plumber brother called Mario?
There are many Evangelicals who advocate for a certain politician, of whom they are well aware is a pathological liar.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
This is a disgusting topic with what is being stated. The title makes a very serious charge and the post makes no effort to back up its claim. Facts required about how the claim is true. You need to state what beliefs they have and how they violate the Word of God. The methodology so far is more fitting to the Goebbles methodology. Proof required not character assassination techniques. This is a Christian site and Christian concepts are required. The Apostles Creed and the other creeds define what a Christian must believe. Outside the creeds it is agree to disagree. This was decided by the creators of the creeds between 212 and 500 when the creeds were created by the early elders.

With your vicious charge you are required to prove your assertion!! Bring forth the proof. What beliefs do evangelical have that violate the creeds!! Failure to comply will make it seem like you are a wolf.

Chester

May 23, 2016
There are many Evangelicals who advocate for a certain politician, of whom they are well aware is a pathological liar.
maybe this should go in the Christian News forum if your gripe is about a politician and not about evangelicals?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
maybe this should go in the Christian News forum if your gripe is about a politician and not about evangelicals?
Yet ANOTHER hater of the President of the United States.

Wonder how many prayers he has said for him? These guys are getting worse and worse with their open hatred. One of the hardest things I found to do when obama was President was to pray for him. I begrudgingly did a few times, but most of the time, as I saw how wicked and anit-American he was, I let my flesh get the better of me and despised him.

I recognize this was wrong. I wish these Trump haters would do the same.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
You need to clarify what portion of them are advocating for this politician and who the politician is to have any credibility. Otherwise your vicious attack is way outside how a Christian is to act. You are blaming all evangelicals for what a portion of them are doing. Again that is way outside of reasonable discussion. Also you presume they are knowingly advocating for a liar. This methodology is what I have seen coming out of the anti God anti American progressive wing of the Democrat Party. They are a far leftwing group. They use Goebbles methods. A lie told once is a lie, a lie told a thousand times is the truth. The question is are you following this methodology unknowingly? On the face of it your statements are not credible.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
This is a disgusting topic with what is being stated. The title makes a very serious charge and the post makes no effort to back up its claim. Facts required about how the claim is true. You need to state what beliefs they have and how they violate the Word of God. The methodology so far is more fitting to the Goebbles methodology. Proof required not character assassination techniques. This is a Christian site and Christian concepts are required. The Apostles Creed and the other creeds define what a Christian must believe. Outside the creeds it is agree to disagree. This was decided by the creators of the creeds between 212 and 500 when the creeds were created by the early elders.

With your vicious charge you are required to prove your assertion!! Bring forth the proof. What beliefs do evangelical have that violate the creeds!! Failure to comply will make it seem like you are a wolf.
Can I ask you which creeds are you referring to particularly? The apostles creed (which I agree with) and what others?

luigi

Dec 6, 2015

If a certain group of people advocate for someone who casts truth to the ground repeatedly, does that certain group of people love truth/Jesus?

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Oh so basically this is about many conservative christians being fans of Trump? And this annoys you because you are a liberal?

Well im not american, but I like Trump because he doesn't speak like a regular fake politician and because I consider him a real man, unlike many other politicians.

I think the problem is that people have this weird idea that somehow the President must be a christian if he mentions God or Jesus. Dont you guys know that this is standard operating procedure for ANY politician in america? Just to get the evangelical votes.

Reality is that as entertaining as Trump is, he is not a christian, and he isnt running to be the Pastor of america, but rather the President. Another fact is that America will NEVER get a christian president, EVER. The majority of the population is not christian, (except on paper) and because of this, they will never vote in a true christian.
This same rule applies even more in Europe.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
You need to clarify what portion of them are advocating for this politician and who the politician is to have any credibility. Otherwise your vicious attack is way outside how a Christian is to act. You are blaming all evangelicals for what a portion of them are doing. Again that is way outside of reasonable discussion. Also you presume they are knowingly advocating for a liar. This methodology is what I have seen coming out of the anti God anti American progressive wing of the Democrat Party. They are a far leftwing group. They use Goebbles methods. A lie told once is a lie, a lie told a thousand times is the truth. The question is are you following this methodology unknowingly? On the face of it your statements are not credible.
It is often claimed on the media that the majority of this pathological liars base are Evangelicals.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
It is often claimed on the media that the majority of this pathological liars base are Evangelicals.
Read what I posted earlier. All those stats you read in the media and or wikipedia are false information.

America is 70% Christian, just like Germany is majority christian, SUPPOSEDLY.

All that means is people are born into the church membership, most people dont know anything about the bible, believe things contrary to the bible, and are complete unbelievers. (While belonging to a church)

Then we have the southern baptists who say the sinner's prayer growing up, then apostate and never go back to the church, but are still considered saved and listed in the "christian" statistics.

The same rings true for catholicism, they are baptized into it, but never attend, and dont know anything about their own religion. This is the state of the union so to speak.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Oh so basically this is about many conservative christians being fans of Trump? And this annoys you because you are a liberal?

Well im not american, but I like Trump because he doesn't speak like a regular fake politician and because I consider him a real man, unlike many other politicians.

I think the problem is that people have this weird idea that somehow the President must be a christian if he mentions God or Jesus. Dont you guys know that this is standard operating procedure for ANY politician in america? Just to get the evangelical votes.

Reality is that as entertaining as Trump is, he is not a christian, and he isnt running to be the Pastor of america, but rather the President. Another fact is that America will NEVER get a christian president, EVER. The majority of the population is not christian, (except on paper) and because of this, they will never vote in a true christian.
This same rule applies even more in Europe.
Let's try to keep names out of this in order to stick to the main topic, and that is whether some people who claim to love Jesus/the truth, in fact hate Jesus/the truth, by advocating for the opposite.
If you truly believe in Christ, you then believe in truth, and you do not advocate for lies.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Read what I posted earlier. All those stats you read in the media and or wikipedia are false information.

America is 70% Christian, just like Germany is majority christian, SUPPOSEDLY.

All that means is people are born into the church membership, most people dont know anything about the bible, believe things contrary to the bible, and are complete unbelievers. (While belonging to a church)

Then we have the southern baptists who say the sinner's prayer growing up, then apostate and never go back to the church, but are still considered saved and listed in the "christian" statistics.

The same rings true for catholicism, they are baptized into it, but never attend, and dont know anything about their own religion. This is the state of the union so to speak.
I agree that most people who are born into Christian denomination know little about the Bible; but their actions do show what they do believe in.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
even tho i may completely agree with this statement, i don't see how it should lead to the conclusion that these people hate Jesus.
we're sheep, remember? sheep are not smart nor very self aware. feed us enough propaganda and we'll go around repeating it; not everyone has discernment.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
he certainly would not have won if certain famous evangelicals hadn't publicly endorsed him and pleaded with their radio audiences to go vote for him, characterizing the election as though it was up to voters to save the world from evil.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
even tho i may completely agree with this statement, i don't see how it should lead to the conclusion that these people hate Jesus.
we're sheep, remember? sheep are not smart nor very self aware. feed us enough propaganda and we'll go around repeating it; not everyone has discernment.
If Jesus is truth as John 14:6 clearly indicates, then advocating for lies means you hate truth/Jesus.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Anti-Christian, anti-bible, anti-God news casters "claim" its evangelical Christian's that are pathological liars, and you believe them?
This is part of the same political group that claims to practice acceptance and openness while calling others fascist and rioting to prevent the speech of people of opposing views. Not to mention burning books.
The same group that supported a man that created more racial division than has been seen in 50 years. And tried to sell the country to our biggest enemies.
You swallow secular media blindly then have the audacity to talk about truth to others, even to the point of condemnation while elevating yourself? A true liberal in action.