Do I love him

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I am I on love I think but I am am just not sure but I think I am and I know he loves me
You need to be 100% positive that you're in love with him. And a one-sided love in a relationship is ALWAYS going to fail.

How old are you? :unsure:

Embal

Jul 16, 2019
So now I am forsure I love him but here the thing me mom doesnt know half of this basically she knows we are dating and that's it but everytime I bring up the subject to tell her everything that has happened before she knew we were dating and after she just changes the subject Help

Embal

Jul 16, 2019
I really miss him does that mean I love him I haven't seen him in two weeks and I really miss him I love him I am pretty sure

Aug 3, 2019
Hello Embal, I am pretty new on this app and I have been hesitant to enter the teenage forums. I am 63, older makes wiser, sometimes, lol. I have always enjoyed teens, and ran church youth groups for years, but I did not want to invade privacy. I do see several familiar names from the adult forums though, so maybe I'm not the only one to cross the lines. I notice you say the words "feel" or "feelings" a lot, so, if I may, I would like to address that. I assume you are a teenager, and during those teen years, there are a lot of crazy changes and feelings going on. Feelings are unpredictable, one day we may feel on top of the world, and the next we feel it's the end of the world. That's at all ages, but especially for teens. We need to learn to rely on facts and faith, not our feelings. Facts don't change, we can rely on them. That being said, in the matters of relationships and love, feelings do play a huge part, and it's hard to find the facts. So we need to be extra cautious because a mistake in love can be heart breaking. As a teenager, I didn't do much dating, I think I was too shy so boys didn't have much interest. Anyways I did get married at 20 years, convinced by the young man that he loved me and always would, and that God was calling him into the ministry with me by his side. I thought I loved him, I later learned that when someone gives us lots of attention and says they love you, it stirs up all these mushy feelings and you feel like you love them whether you do or not. Also, we do not always control our thoughts or feelings, Satan does have the capabilities of manipulating them occassionally. That is why we need the facts, and that is why we need to take our time, and look to God for His leading. That marriage lasted 23 years and we had 3 kids. We did work in ministry for a time, so it sounds like it worked for the good. I cannot call it a mistake, because I would not have my kids if I hadn't married him. But it was 23 difficult years because he was demanding, controlling, verbally abusive, self centered, downright mean. He also was constantly flirting with other women, had 5 affairs, and left me for another woman. Did he change? No, he knew how to act and what to say to get my love, not to mention all those other women. It was a hard life, it pushed me into deep depression, and even though it's been many years, I still struggle with the after effects. As a teenager, you are too young to understand real lasting love. You are too young to get too serious or to enter a commitment. Keep your focus on being a kid, you will be an adult way too soon. Focus on school, friends, having fun, and learning to love and be yourself. It's okay to date, those are fun times and help prepare you for the future. Mostly, focus on growing in God, go to church (and listen), read the Bible and pray, hang out with other Christians. God will guide you, you will know when it's right, when it's time, God does not just throw us into confusion and leave us on our own. Love, best wishes, and many prayers.

Embal

Jul 16, 2019
Yah feel was the wrong word and I have prayed about it alot more since I posted this and I feeling like God is showing me that I do

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Yah feel was the wrong word and I have prayed about it alot more since I posted this and I feeling like God is showing me that I do

Feeling means nothing. If God truly was showing you that you love this guy, you would KNOW it with every fiber of your body..

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
I am having some trouble I feel like God is in our relationship but lately I am not sure if I love him and I am not sure but I think I do he has told me that he has had dreams about us married and he felt like God was tell him to ask me out
A good laugh is the best way to handle that. Also, Say Funny I talked to God and He said you are to remain single your whole life to serve him as a missionary in Muslim Countries.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I am I on love I think but I am am just not sure but I think I am and I know he loves me
No. if you were in love with this person you would NOT have started this thread.

It sounds like you are trying to force and validate a relationship with this person which is strictly human reasoning and God and the Holy Spirit are NOT in this situation at all!

Get out of it!