Do It For God

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Moses did when he smote the rock rather than merely touching it. If I recall correctly.
 
Heard a teaching that this is what the Commandment to not take His name in vain, intended, that we do harm and say it was of Him.
Islam, the Spanish Inquisition, the Salem witchcraft trials, etc.
blessings:)(y):coffee:
 
Moses did when he smote the rock rather than merely touching it. If I recall correctly.
He abused the situation to glorify himself, instead of speaking to the rock like God commanded; which might have set an example to the congregation of Israel that the creation is meant to minister to them when commanded in Gods name.

But you don't command things hoping that God wil make it happen for you, you command things with the passive expectation that it will simply obey you, being God's child. Still not a thing to be tested in vain.
 
We command upon His inspiration, as Jesus modeled, and he only said and did what He saw and heard the Father say and do.
best wishes:)(y)
 
Can someone offend God by doing something for God? (Refer to Colossians 3:23-24.)
I guess if someone is offended by someone else doing God's will.

Lets say you are preaching the Gospel to someone, and they are offended by it. Thats how it can happen. But we shouldn't offend people on purpose I don't think.
 
23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.

I believe we should all examine our intent on what ever the matter is. Is it to bring Glory to God or self serving?
Is it done in love? is it to correct or condemn? Is it out of obedience to God or to fulfill the law? Is it to curse or bless?
 
Can someone offend God by doing something for God? (Refer to Colossians 3:23-24.)

R U PFISHING?

Your question is not specific enough as is evident by the responses. I also notice that you have not bothered to reply to any of those responses. IMO, your phishing.

The question is moot regarding the Scripture quoted. Anything done FOR God can not offend God for the person doing Gods will is obedient to God.

Big difference between doing something FOR God and something in the name OF God.
 
Can someone offend God by doing something for God? (Refer to Colossians 3:23-24.)

Not after the resurrection of Son, who took away the sin of the world in his Father God's sight for us all Hebrews 10:10, as Jesus yelled Finished John 19:30. Done once for us to get given new life in the risen Christ, given this from Father, Daddy, PaPa to walk new in the same love to all, having the same mercy given you from the Done work of Son willingly, one time death for us, in order for us all to be saved in the risen life to us all, to believe and see to stop self work(s) and receive the done work of Son for us all in love to us all, it takes time in not giving up, going through troubles also, here on earth, no one escapes good and bad here on earth.
Father all through the first (Old Testament) was offended continuously, always reaching out in love to all. Yearly giving Mercy in the Old Sacrifices set up to be satisfied through them once a year, That never satisfied Father God, because the people were not ever purged from sin then, as are now purged in the resurrected Son today, people, to be given and are given new life (John 4:23-24) as one does not quit belief, no matter what happens to them, good or bad, you see, believe, receive and see, This earth venture is short, compared to eternity given us by Father in risen Son to all that believe to see and know truth over errors in this world we are in and not of anymore. I am learning this daily from Father in risen Son, standing in thanksgiving and praise putting daily behind me daily, and seeing new presently daily, thanking God by God through Son I remain forgiven to by God, even if sin again (Trusting God to not) learning, learned from mistakes made that day before and even further back also. John 1:29, that begins in each person that turns to God in belief through Son, God by Son is no longer offended, as if God does not know if you will sin again or not! God knows, that is why Son came here to take away the sin of the world first, not in this world of people's sight, only in Dad's, PaPa's Father's sight for you personally, not religiously, personally between Father and Son and you, thank you! with eh entire world of people.
Hebrews 10 the entire Chapter reveals this truth for us through Son to us all, at least me presently, daily and thankfully to God forever
The fight today is people over people, with "I" am right and "you" are wrong attitudes of first born flesh and blood, that never pleases God, Romans 8:3
No one is truly satisfied or ratified in that mode of life here on earth, to me at least, I see willingly to be dead daily to my first birth to see the new life given from God to me in the risen Son for me and all people's
God loves us all, otherwise Son would not have gone willingly to that cross at all. Willingly I repeat, willingly again I repeat and do not get tired of repeating willingly
Might be our turn to be willing to Father, PaPa, Daddy too and see new, do new and love all in the same Mercy and Truth Son did first, for us all.
Thank you Father, teach me 1 John2:27, teach me humility and when where and how to stand in your righteousness, not any of my own, one anyone might think they have. I have none of my own ever, thank you for this awareness
Matthew 10:16-20
 
Can someone offend God by doing something for God? (Refer to Colossians 3:23-24.)
if it offends God, then it wasn't for God. doing things in God's name is proper. also, doing good things, praying, praising or anything with the wrong attitude is not recognized by God.
 
I believe we could. Aarons sons offered strange fire on the altar and God sent out a plague because of their disobedience.
 
Big difference between doing something FOR God and something in the name OF God.

It was still a good question.

I remember before I retired from HVAC, plbg, elec, gas. I was working and company I was with did a lot of work on churches I found out. I was fond of inviting the Lord to go to work with me so we could hang out all day while I worked, and talk. Then I got a service call at a church so naturally I already was with the Lord! Going to work in His House! He was the Owner and Customer, and not only that one does not invite the Lord to work with them and remain the lead tech on the job, so Jesus was the tech at his own house too. I was the helper under Him, for Him, and in His name.

I think all I did was turn the wrenches and bring Him glory. i felt like I was along for the ride pretty much, lol. If the Lord directs the job it gets done the best way which makes me look good to my earthbound boss & his company look good to the customer and everybody wins!

You know it's amazing how smooth jobs go when you invite the Lord to go to work with you. I don't know if that counts as giving something to the Lord or not but I suspect it does count in someway.
 
I believe we could. Aarons sons offered strange fire on the altar and God sent out a plague because of their disobedience.

my way or God's way, take your pick, life or death
Jesus said to Father in that garden "nevertheless" Father not my will, your will be done not mine. And off to that cross he went, willingly, even through those troubles people did to him
It was for us y'all to save us in the risen Son's life, risen by Daddy, PaPa, Father for us all, y'all to believe, receive and see amazingly, in perplexity to me anyways.
Thank you Father, take me, place me, show me, I never understand how, yet, I do remain in trust and have seen and will see and am glad, you lasted through those terrible things that others did to you to stop you, and you did not quit, I see to be able to go through troubles too, thank you over this love for us all 1 John 2:1-27
 
I believe we could. Aarons sons offered strange fire on the altar and God sent out a plague because of their disobedience.

God allows us all to make mistakes to learn from and allows plagues we create to teach us truth over the errors we all make!

God takes everything, good or bad in and sees ways to reveal to us our mistakes, standing in love and mercy to us all over every mistake anyone made or makes.
Says, hey you, I remain in love and mercy to you, for you to choose to change through Love that over comes evil and did by my Son for you too, thank you love you forever, I continue to do that for y'all
You choose, life or death, your choice. If death, you do this to you, I God am not doing anything bad to you, time to believe, receive and see new in being born new freely from Father in risen Son for you, not a few thank you
Died, once willingly to save all that will choose God for them to see new in the same love and mercy given by Son first
He is risen, where the new life from God is freely given to all that choose to believe God for them, Eph 1:13, Eph 1:6-7, Phi, 1:6, all of Galatians
God simply and freely has loved us all ever d=since the first Fall of the first Adam. Then came the second Adam, Jesus the Christ

Jesus
Eternal
Savior
Unto
Salvation

Christ
Has
Risen
Insured
Salvation
Today

Done by God in through Son Jesus fro us all to stand in belief to eventually see this amazing truth for us all to love all, not a few anymore, thank you Lord