Do looks matter?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
...looks should not matter...So Looks shouldn't be an issue...
Really??????????????

They (looks), amongst other things are certainly important to me!

I wonder when you go looking for a wife (that God has for you) if looks will matter then, or is it a case of "think as I say"...

M

Manny21

We talked wayy back from what I remember it was quite fun haha. I look at how a woman looks because that's the first thing that I see if I haven't met them yet. If I'm not physically attracted to them it doesn't matter too much once I get to know them because I usually look at personality and looks combined at that point. I think God has my best interest in mind when it comes to a future wife, so I don't think He would give me a wife that isn't attractive to me. We were created in Gods image which means we are all beautiful to God, but me personally when it gets down to the whole marriage thing I think God will put us with someone we are physically and spiritually attracted to, as well as someone who is responsible and the number one focus even above there spouse is GOD. I hope this helps you. : )

Lyd

Dec 10, 2013
Seek to have a heart after God, then you will see things as He see it. Ask the Lord to remove the scales from your eyes so you're able to see things as they truly are.

"Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity"

Look up the song, "Give me your eyes-Brandon heath"

"Give me Your eyes for just one second
Give me Your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me Your love for humanity
Give me Your arms for the broken-hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me Your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me Your eyes so I can see..."

We have to dive off the deep end, we cant be shallow Christians. Cry out to the Lord, keep seeking after Him, we have to die to the flesh daily.

You know the scriptures, you said so yourself, so now you must apply it. If you want to apply the scriptures to your life you but have a heart after the Lord and be ever seeking Him. He opens our eyes so we see things as they truly are. :)

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Yes looks matter. Im sorry given two women of equivalent personality but different looks. Im picking the one i find more attractive everytime. Also looks get you noticed and entice people into wanting to learn more about you.

N

Nuns_n_roses

I believe an attractive personality can actually make someone more physically attractive, but both are important. Unless you like feeling like you're in an arranged marriage. Physical attraction is important as is emotional, mental, and spiritual.

Jan 28, 2010
I am beginning to see a trend. I like this. Thanks everyone! I enjoy reading these posts!!!