Do men prefer women who don't chase...at all?!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
sorry this is weird, why would some guys just go out with a random girl they dont even know from a bar of soap. why would girls do it. dont do that its not safe. We are not that desperate. How can you call on friends and family if you dont even know the slightest thing about this person except what they tell you.

from experience that is really risky.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
lavender is fine, but it should be fresh not dried.
You dont know the langauge of flowers? do some research man. They arent just for weddings and funerals.
I am not a stranger to flowers, but for me, it's something of an act of gallantry when I already know the person and it wouldn't be awkward or too "forward" from my perspective. I've given my mother flowers many times (fresh picked). So it just seems like ships passing in the night. It's uncomfortable for me to give flowers as a "opening line" but for you that is the preferred line.

See how things get confusing for males trying to show interest to a female? Perhaps we should start a flower thread and see the responses from others on how they perceive it haha.

I think it's an invasion of privacy to go "ask for a female's number" but many men do that with success. Some probably feel like that's too forward and others don't. Everyone is different, which makes this quite frustrating ;)

Nov 26, 2012
er...why does it have to be a stranger. nobody is saying go out with a random stranger!!!
dont be weird.
Do you read my posts? I never recommended dating a stranger.

Jan 6, 2018
I believe a woman should take care of herself, dress well and be nice, but it is the job of a man to "chase"

MendedSoul

Sep 10, 2019
You do realize that that's not the topic of this thread. I bounced an idea off from the show...doesn't mean I think it's all completely true. :p
The idea is...do men prefer women who make themselves available and call and text first...or do they prefer women who wait on the guy to chase them?
Having had it happen both ways in several occasions, I actually like it more when she’s pursuing/aggressive. I don’t mind either way, but for the sake of preference. I’m sure you’ll be getting varying answers though as we all differ 😉

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I don't. I prefer women to chase me instead. It's happened a number of times that I got girlfriends that way. Women have better emotional intelligence.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
chasing with flowers or guns?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
on seconds thought...guns are too forward. But there are gunshot weddings.

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Not sure if online messages count as either flowers or guns. They still count as chasing to me though. In fact, that's how my first girlfriend got me. She was excellent at writing online messages.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
nah its just talking.
I thought chasing was running after someone like literally RUNNING. I dont do that.
I do the civilised thing and meet up somewhere but if its too out of my way I wouldnt be inclined cos petrol is expensive and I hate sitting in traffic.
However if someone was all talk and no action then Im sorry Its not that I dont like you but I cant gasbag all day.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
I'm wondering why there needs to be any chasing at all🤔....I mean, if two people really like each other then why should there be any 'chasing'?

To me, chasing, from a man or a woman, is game playing and immature; or it's happening because one party is interested and the other is simply not.

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Chasing could also happen if one party is interested but shy and the other party is interested but not shy. The one who is less shy chases the other. Eventually, the one that was shy becomes less shy, and boom, it's a relationship.

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
BTW Butterflyyy, why did you thumb down my post above (we need a new forum feature for thumbing down a thumb down)? Are you suggesting Anne is a man?

L

LittleMermaid

I am going to go out on a limb and guess based on my own views that the best men do not prefer women who watch The Bachelor. ;)
Where in the post did she ask that? Why you gotta judge what other people watch? I bet you don't watch Christian shows and listen to Christian music 24/7.
And those of you who liked his post...I know ya'll ain't saints either...:cautious:
I used to be LadyInWaiting by the way...

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I am going to go out on a limb and guess based on my own views that the best men do not prefer women who watch The Bachelor. ;)
That's okay. From what I have been able to gather from conversations, the best women don't really go much for men who make broad-brush assumptions about whole groups of women like that.

S

Scribe

Where in the post did she ask that? Why you gotta judge what other people watch? I bet you don't watch Christian shows and listen to Christian music 24/7.
And those of you who liked his post...I know ya'll ain't saints either...:cautious:
I used to be LadyInWaiting by the way...
She seems to be asking what the male mind thinks about a woman pursuing a man. She is asking for male advice. I might not have been verbose enough which is why you seem to have interpreted it as judging.

Many Christian males like myself and every single one of my many Christian male friends that I know closely are absolutely turned off by a women who watch shows like Bachelor, Bachelorette, Housewives, and anything similar piping silly ungodly thinking and negative drama into the home through the TV. Being bold in pursuing a man that you like is not that big of a deal. It is not going to be a DEAL breaker most of the time. However all my friends would consider watching Bachelor, Bachelorett, Housewives a major red flag and not the kind of woman they are looking for to be a holy wife on fire for Jesus and the idea of allowing that ungodly drama to be piped into the home through the TV would be a much bigger turn off than chasing the man. There are men that disagree with me and many do agree with me. I believe most holy men of God are horrified by these shows. She would do well to stop watching those shows if she cares about what holy men think. Obviously what God thinks is most important, but understanding men is what she seems to be asking and I can only speak from the perspective of a man who is born again and controlled by the Holy Spirit.