Do the dead sleep or ascend or descend?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree,
Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

I have a very nice mountain behind my house,
but it is blocking my sun on my veggies right now.
can you move it over to the left it would help my garden, much thanks.

not just the faith of Jesus, but the same faith as Jesus has, we will have in the future once mature
​
​

This is not my mountain to move as me moving your mountain would not bring glory to God....Where is your faith? If that mountain were moved would it be for God's glory or your purpose? I also believe I could walk on water if it were to bring glory to God....but these things are up to Him...

Latest mountain God moved for me was in November when a meeting was on Sabbath for a timeshare at the hotel we got a deal on to stay in Las Vegas when we were getting married....I prayed and asked God to please move that meeting to Friday before Sabbath stating I wanted to obey His law and left the problem with Him. I asked twice for the meeting to be moved and No was the answer. I was going to call the hotel a third time but was busy and forgot the next day the hotel called me and the meeting was moved to Friday for us. I never doubted that God would fix this for me and He did that was my latest mountain that God moved and it was to and for His glory to honor Him not me... Sorry your gonna have to work it out with God and move your own mountain....
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist
You could say stephen ascended after he was stoned, he saw the heavens open and saw the glory of god, and jesus standing on the right hand of god. He asked jesus to receive his spirit as he was dying. Acts 7:55-60