Do we?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I'm convinced, a strong heart is a soft heart...

Today I work with two very lovely ladies. They both touch my heart and bring so much more than just their business. I am so grateful that they frequent my humble little practice.

Soon, I will turn up some music and open the front door, bringing in the miraculous outdoors. I’ll start prepping in the physical sense. You know, warming things up, making sure everything is fresh and clean. But before I do, I’d like to examine and purge some thoughts. Writing seems to freshen and renew my inner dwellings, getting me all fired up and ready to give my healthy all.

So now a moment to reflect on another who had a big and strong beautiful heart…

Joseph’s testimony of a softened heart for God is moving to say the least. This once young fella, by no fault of his own, was on the receiving end, time after time, of hard core brutality. His own brothers wanted to kill him, but instead just sold him. A woman falsely accused him, and thus he was tossed behind bars for many years.

Skipping many details of the story, I'm going to get right to this verse…

He kissed all his brothers and wept on them, and afterward his brothers talked with him.
Genesis 45:15

How many of us, after the slightest offense, decided to forever hold that against the one harmed you. Somewhere in the depths of our minds, we mull over stuff, huh? Almost like the broken and wounded parts of us yearns to be remembered. How many of us have been hated by our siblings, thrown in a well, had our lives threatened, our robes torn off, and sold as a slave, that resulted in years behind bars for a crime we didn't commit?

I think it is fair to say, probably none of us. All that happened to him was for something that wasn't his fault, but just because he was favored by his dad. This man, Joseph,was used by God, in many powerful ways. I don't think it is hard to see how or why, not for me anyways.

The how is the same as the why, His heart was so incredibly soft, filled with great mercy. He had every right and authority to make his petty and cruel brothers pay, but he didn't. It brings me to tears, thinking about his heart made with the love of God, so beautifully and vividly displayed. I can not think of another besides my Lord and Savior, who deserved to wear a robe of high honor, one of many colors.

Do we want to be used? Do we want to leave a legacy that matters, in ways so much bigger than ourselves? Do we? Really, do we? This is where I think it starts; we must empty the clutter of all the baggage, the resentments and hurts. We must just love and forgive, giving it all to God. Trust His providence, knowing everything was necessary to get us prepared and lined up, ready to serve in ways and places that make our difference matter.

Sure Joseph's role was grand, but so was the price he paid. We may never have such a divine calling, one that is written down in history. He was and is a shining example. However, with every wrongdoing forgiven, with a heart determined to love, every step taken to serve, an open heart filled with mercy to action, well, that is powerful and edifying fruit that our loves can carry on.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I'm convinced... a soft heart is a strong heart... do u agree? Sometimes it doesn't feel like it at first, not until His strength is made perfect in me.

Aug 2, 2009
When the night has been too lonely
And the road has been too long
And you think that love is only
For the lucky and the strong
Just remember in the winter far beneath the bitter snows
Lies the seed
That with the sun's love
In the spring
Becomes the rose