Do you believe a person is able to commit sin and or commit acts that mirror sin which leads to perdition after becoming eternally born-again once?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Please refer to this thread question. Which option in the body of this thread is the correct answer?

• Total voters
Oct 18, 2023
after becoming eternally born-again once?

Naw, that wouldn't be pre-loaded at all now, would it?

The Bible says that we must abide in the Vine.

Oh - my -goodness!!

Someone not agreeing with you????????

:eek::eek::eek: INCOMPREHENSIBLE !!!! :eek::eek::eek:
You can only be eternally born-again once; the question is not loaded at all? ;)

Oct 18, 2023
As one who has cursed God who have blasphemed him who has f you to him in my anguish and anger yet he never left me he didin't even strike me down though I more than deserved it how he comforted me and stilled my heart.

Can you think of any greater offense or sin? yet he loves me he is always there for me he is not just patient but is tender to me in these times. We are his beloved children even if we throw tantrums even if we screw up over and over again I am a testimony of this whatever sin you may have mine is absolutely deserving of his fiery judgement but yet he comnforts me I can always talk with him I am handled with gentle understanding and love.

Sin is nothing when you are his
YOUR VIEW IN THE POST ABOVE LINES UP TO (FIRST POLL OPTION) YES, I believe a person is able to commit sin and or commit acts that mirror sin which leads to perdition after becoming eternally born-again once!
1700788309613.png

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
YOUR VIEW IN THE POST ABOVE LINES UP TO (FIRST POLL OPTION) YES, I believe a person is able to commit sin and or commit acts that mirror sin which leads to perdition after becoming eternally born-again once!
View attachment 258125
What are the Christian essentials to you? and are they based on his person himself?
Anything that has to do with us our doctrine our ability to obey to be what is called a Christian has nothing to do with us we wiull always fail always fall short always sin with guilt or the knowledge we cannot seem to cmpare to his perfection.

You poll gives no room to the truth sin is irrelevant because he fills what we lack his grace his love his purity who we are what he says of us sin is a pointless aspect it isn't about us it is not what makes us royalty in him what makes us perfect in hios eyes If you have tgiven your life to him then sin is to be diregarded it has no power any more so therefore even debating about sin within a Christian is pointless. You will sin you wilol fall short but that is why his percetion his purity grace and love is shown all the more.

I as a believer committed the worst kind of sins yet being treated wit patience love and understanding so what does sin matter if he can see past even whatI have done?
Who cares about sin tell me what was your point in asking the poll you did? your poll gave certain options to answer yet as far as I saw they do not speak of the truth of sin not as we understand but his grace and love you made a poll of sin baseed on us but it can't be based on us we will fail we wilol fall short and it is apoison in every way

So I will not answer your poll I will answer in how sin and God himself is not how sin affects us because sin has no affect on us unless we give. Yes we will sin ee will fall but perhaps consider how to overcome sin rather than how it works which one would God ask you how to overcome it or how it works or affects with us?

1True

Apr 29, 2017
If there is true conversion ....no do we fall short absolutely

Oct 18, 2023
What are the Christian essentials to you? and are they based on his person himself?
Anything that has to do with us our doctrine our ability to obey to be what is called a Christian has nothing to do with us we wiull always fail always fall short always sin with guilt or the knowledge we cannot seem to cmpare to his perfection.

You poll gives no room to the truth sin is irrelevant because he fills what we lack his grace his love his purity who we are what he says of us sin is a pointless aspect it isn't about us it is not what makes us royalty in him what makes us perfect in hios eyes If you have tgiven your life to him then sin is to be diregarded it has no power any more so therefore even debating about sin within a Christian is pointless. You will sin you wilol fall short but that is why his percetion his purity grace and love is shown all the more.

I as a believer committed the worst kind of sins yet being treated wit patience love and understanding so what does sin matter if he can see past even whatI have done?
Who cares about sin tell me what was your point in asking the poll you did? your poll gave certain options to answer yet as far as I saw they do not speak of the truth of sin not as we understand but his grace and love you made a poll of sin baseed on us but it can't be based on us we will fail we wilol fall short and it is apoison in every way

So I will not answer your poll I will answer in how sin and God himself is not how sin affects us because sin has no affect on us unless we give. Yes we will sin ee will fall but perhaps consider how to overcome sin rather than how it works which one would God ask you how to overcome it or how it works or affects with us?
Do you believe we have any Christian Essentials from Jesus Christ which are absolutely unnecessary and, if so, which ones?

Oct 18, 2023
If there is true conversion ....no do we fall short absolutely
Do you believe a person is able to commit sin and or commit acts that mirror sin which leads to perdition after becoming eternally born-again once?

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
i'm not answering this the way you want. here it is: all born again Christians sin. the difference is they recognize the sin before it's committed, they're mind is telling them not to do it but they commit the sin & then repentance sets in with guilt. the key point is if someone is truly born again there will ALWAYS be improvement on FORSAKING all sins. you won't want to sin but still will. nearly no one stops sinning cold. example: someone is a major gossiper. person becomes born again. the Holy Spirit dwells in person. after becoming b.a., the FIRST time the person thinks to gossip, the H.S., immediately says, "don't do it" but person does. now the person will reflect on the H.S.'s prompting & will admit to self the wrong done. the H.S. will convict you. with that, Jesus help, & person's willingness to improve, person will improve the forsaking of gossiping & 1 day, "yeah, no more gossip"!!!

Oct 18, 2023
i'm not answering this the way you want. here it is: all born again Christians sin. the difference is they recognize the sin before it's committed, they're mind is telling them not to do it but they commit the sin & then repentance sets in with guilt. the key point is if someone is truly born again there will ALWAYS be improvement on FORSAKING all sins. you won't want to sin but still will. nearly no one stops sinning cold. example: someone is a major gossiper. person becomes born again. the Holy Spirit dwells in person. after becoming b.a., the FIRST time the person thinks to gossip, the H.S., immediately says, "don't do it" but person does. now the person will reflect on the H.S.'s prompting & will admit to self the wrong done. the H.S. will convict you. with that, Jesus help, & person's willingness to improve, person will improve the forsaking of gossiping & 1 day, "yeah, no more gossip"!!!

rrcn

Oct 15, 2023
[Eze 33:13-14 KJV] 13 When I shall say to the righteous, [that] he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it. 14 Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
However, as the sanctification (progressive maturing in faith) of a Christian progresses, the instances of SIN should become less frequent,
I agree with this statement -----

This is my statement from page 1 --Post #6

God said we are to work our our own Salvation -----this is the Sanctification of our Soul ----this process is on going till we die ---as we will continue to Miss The Mark ------the Mind needs to be renewed ----so Maturing in your Faith walk with Christ is needed ------and as you mature in your Walk with Christ you will do everything you can to stay away from Missing The Mark ------

Also Born Again People have God's Grace to Call on in their weakness to fall into sin -----

Oct 18, 2023
When do you believe is the present good or evil condition of a persons eternal soul unchangeable for heaven or hell, is it the exact moment they claim to be saved or not until the exact moment of their death?

Sep 28, 2023
A person can be saved and go back to enjoying sin and losing their soul.

They say faith alone but love is greater than faith, and faith works by love.

1 John 5:3
For this IS the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

sin will always be there but God only see Christ in you

So if a Christian goes off in to sinful living... God cannot see them doing sin, and God is clueless about what's going on in that person's life???

I am thinking the reason why so many people on Christian Chat are not voting on this poll is because they do not believe being born-again is eternal

Jesus is like Noah's Ark... as long as one is abiding IN the Ark they are saved.

Sinful behavior is throwing one's self overboard and since they are no longer in the safety of the Ark (abiding IN Christ)... they are not longer on their way to Heaven but are once again on their way to hell.... unless they REPENT, confessing their sin to the Lord and forsaking their sin so they can be cleansed of unrighteousness and once again be back in right standing with the Father (see Proverbs 28:13, 1 John 1:9) just like the prodigal son who dead while away but alive once again when he returned to the Father. (see Luke 15:24-26)

The smart ones know this and abide IN Christ so they aren't cut off as Jesus told us about in John 15 which is what happens to those that do not abide IN Him.

Those that follow false doctrines that ignore the teachings of Jesus... well, not much hope for them and when they get where they are going, they will regret their false doctrine for all eternity!

The Bible says that we must abide in the Vine.
Exactly!

John 15:1,2
I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

John 15:5
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

As one who has cursed God who have blasphemed him who has f you to him in my anguish and anger... Sin is nothing when you are his
The wages of sin is spiritual death (Romans 6:23).... if one sows to the flesh (sin) they shall reap corruption (Gal 6:7,8) which is no longer being in right standing with the Lord.

To say otherwise is mocking God according to Gal 6:7,8

When one turns away from the Lord and sins, they must forsake their sin and confess their sin to the Lord in order to be in right standing with the Lord once again according to His Word.

Proverbs 28:13
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

I sure hope you confessed your sin of cursing God before the and have turned away from doing that sort of thing... if not, then you are still on the hook for those sins.

And, hopefully you have ceased from your "outbursts of anger" as this is listed as one of the works of the flesh that causes some to not inherit God's Kingdom (to not to to Heave!)

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, outbursts of anger, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
1 John 5:3
For this IS the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

So if a Christian goes off in to sinful living... God cannot see them doing sin, and God is clueless about what's going on in that person's life???

Jesus is like Noah's Ark... as long as one is abiding IN the Ark they are saved.

Sinful behavior is throwing one's self overboard and since they are no longer in the safety of the Ark (abiding IN Christ)... they are not longer on their way to Heaven but are once again on their way to hell.... unless they REPENT, confessing their sin to the Lord and forsaking their sin so they can be cleansed of unrighteousness and once again be back in right standing with the Father (see Proverbs 28:13, 1 John 1:9) just like the prodigal son who dead while away but alive once again when he returned to the Father. (see Luke 15:24-26)

The smart ones know this and abide IN Christ so they aren't cut off as Jesus told us about in John 15 which is what happens to those that do not abide IN Him.

Those that follow false doctrines that ignore the teachings of Jesus... well, not much hope for them and when they get where they are going, they will regret their false doctrine for all eternity!

Exactly!

John 15:1,2
I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

John 15:5
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

The wages of sin is spiritual death (Romans 6:23).... if one sows to the flesh (sin) they shall reap corruption (Gal 6:7,8) which is no longer being in right standing with the Lord.

To say otherwise is mocking God according to Gal 6:7,8

When one turns away from the Lord and sins, they must forsake their sin and confess their sin to the Lord in order to be in right standing with the Lord once again according to His Word.

Proverbs 28:13
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

I sure hope you confessed your sin of cursing God before the and have turned away from doing that sort of thing... if not, then you are still on the hook for those sins.

And, hopefully you have ceased from your "outbursts of anger" as this is listed as one of the works of the flesh that causes some to not inherit God's Kingdom (to not to to Heave!)

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, outbursts of anger, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
And yet I live in his presence I lay in bed being wrapped in his arms he whispers good things to me. Yes I have sinned I have gone to the pure anger against him but yet he treats it as a child throwing a tantrum. Let me ask you this, what his blood and his sacrifice not enough? Did he go through all of that just for sin to be just as effective to us as before he did this?

You give to much credit to sin it has no power anymore, are you washed in the blood of the lamb or not? is redemption and the our place in his kingdom based on us? We are reddemed made clean and pure in sight because of the cross and Jesus himself if you think sin has any ability to change this then you do not understand his sacrifice.
Because believe me I consider myself to be the worst of sinners yet I live freely in him I am not shackled by my sins my failings my weakness I only see him I lavish in his love warmth and grace I lay in bed with him pouring my love and affection to him like a child endearing him.

If one such as me who has done the worst of things to him can still be with him like this then how can I say sin has any power at all? I mean was his sacrifice not enough for you? is his blood that weak to you?

Sep 28, 2023
And yet I live in his presence I lay in bed being wrapped in his arms he whispers good things to me. Yes I have sinned I have gone to the pure anger against him but yet he treats it as a child throwing a tantrum. Let me ask you this, what his blood and his sacrifice not enough? Did he go through all of that just for sin to be just as effective to us as before he did this?

You give to much credit to sin it has no power anymore, are you washed in the blood of the lamb or not? is redemption and the our place in his kingdom based on us? We are reddemed made clean and pure in sight because of the cross and Jesus himself if you think sin has any ability to change this then you do not understand his sacrifice.
Because believe me I consider myself to be the worst of sinners yet I live freely in him I am not shackled by my sins my failings my weakness I only see him I lavish in his love warmth and grace I lay in bed with him pouring my love and affection to him like a child endearing him.

If one such as me who has done the worst of things to him can still be with him like this then how can I say sin has any power at all? I mean was his sacrifice not enough for you? is his blood that weak to you?

True Christians... are set free from sin.

Doesn't sound like you have been set free yet seeing you love to make excuses to keep living in sinful behavior...

That's too bad for you man... I hope you meet the Real Jesus soon and get set free from sinful behavior and start being led by the Holy Spirit thumbsup2.gif

awake_unto_righteousness.jpg

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Do you believe we have any Christian Essentials from Jesus Christ which are absolutely unnecessary and, if so, which ones?
True Christians... are set free from sin.

Doesn't sound like you have been set free yet seeing you love to make excuses to keep living in sinful behavior...

That's too bad for you man... I hope you meet the Real Jesus soon and get set free from sinful behavior and start being led by the Holy Spirit View attachment 258191

View attachment 258192
We all sin even as Christians we are human imperfect if you claim otherwise your lying to yourself can you honestly tell me you never sin in any way? Atrue Christian may fall short and may sin but they put theior trust in him their redemption their standing in Christ is not about them or their sins only in Jesus Christ himself.

I am not afraid to tell of my sins my shortcomings and it is not an excuse but a testimony of his grace of how much his love abounds far more than our weakness. I live in his presence I spend so much time in his arms and his warmth I feel his spirit inside me telling me I am not what I have done but what he has done

I laugh at the idea of sin having any say in the matter and I boldly tell of my sins because I am not afraid to show my weakness because his strength abides and I know his sacrifice I understand the power of the cross. The sad thing is that you do not understand this you can give sin a say if you want but I choose the blood of Christ and what he says what he sees who I am what I am is based on him npot myself not my failings not my sins

But by giving sin power you are giving the enemy power again was his blood that he shed was his sacrifice not enough for you?

Sep 28, 2023
We all sin even as Christians we are human imperfect if you claim otherwise your lying to yourself can you honestly tell me you never sin in any way?

I very rarely sin... that's because I'm abiding IN Christ being led by the Holy Spirit Who does not lead me to sin! That's not to say it's not possible for me to sin in the future... but why would I turn away from the leading of the Holy Spirit???

I'm simply being obedient to God's Word in my personal life and He is the One empowering me to not walk in sin after the flesh (see Phil 4:13 - I can do all things THRU CHRIST Who strengthens me!)

You should really get to know these passages...

1 John 3:6
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not

1 John 2:4
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 1:6
if we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

1 John 2:1
I write these things unto you, that ye sin not

James 4:17
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

1 John 3:8
He that committeth sin is of the devil

1 Corinthians 15:34
Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

We should not be willingly or knowingly doing sinful things... it should be a very rare occasion for a Christian to sin and IF they did it would NOT be a situation where it's something they knew it was sinful and they decided to do it anyway.

Sadly, many have been indoctrinated to believe the false teachings of calvinism believing they just cannot help sinning and just have to sin everyday in thought word and deed.

That's why I've learned to not associate with calvinists in my personal life because they can bust out in to sinful behavior at any given moment and nobody knows what dastardly evil deeds they are going to do next! eek2.gif