Do you believe demons are connected to schizophrenia?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
You are most likely gonna get alot of mixed feelings about this topic.

My grandpa and mother suffer from schizophrenia.
I don't believe it has anything to do with demons.
Do I believe Satan uses it against them..yes, yes I do.
But as far as demons go..I personally don't think so.
 
I don't think it's as simple or as complex when we talk about demons being connected to schizophrenia. There's a spiritual element to everything. Do I believe people with mental illnesses are influenced by ungodly spirits? I believe some are, yes, but certainly not all. Many are oppressed by them though. Do demons takes advantage of things like mental illnesses? I believe, yes. I think the important thing is to be discerning. Don't look for demons behind every bush, but don't ignore their existence or influence either. There are plenty of people who don't have mental illnesses and are influenced by demons. But in the end, we must remember that Love wins!