Do You Believe Unrepentant Sinners in Hell Can be Saved?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Why?
What would you do with the information?
Would you try every way possible to discount it and/or try to find a loophole?

There comes a point when questions asked in a disingenuous manner that you figure out that it's really not worth your time.

You are here to prove your point and not actually try to learn. You do the same to scriptures already. It's called proof texting or eisogesis.

Literally every book in the Old Testament and New is full of proof. Especially when read in context.
So you made a comment,

Someone asked you to prove it with the word.

and this is how you respond?

wow!!

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
So you made a comment,

Someone asked you to prove it with the word.

and this is how you respond?

wow!!
I respond and respect with how questions are asked. When trying to have a conversation with someone and I get talked at instead of talked with...guess what? I'm not a characature or false persona....I'm a person. Not a sounding board to carve and sand to someone else's desires. Sure I got splinters. So does everyone. That's people!

If feelings get bruised that easily then maybe the internet is not somewhere you should be hanging out or use for conversation. Do it in person until you get the hang of interacting with others.

Can two walk together if they don't have some agreement? Why should I walk with someone if I don't know where they are going? I can scratch my itching ears myself quite well...and I get suspicious when others try do it. (Perfectly happy pessimist thank you very much).

That's why.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
I respond and respect with how questions are asked. When trying to have a conversation with someone and I get talked at instead of talked with...guess what? I'm not a characature or false persona....I'm a person. Not a sounding board to carve and sand to someone else's desires. Sure I got splinters. So does everyone. That's people!

If feelings get bruised that easily then maybe the internet is not somewhere you should be hanging out or use for conversation. Do it in person until you get the hang of interacting with others.

Can two walk together if they don't have some agreement? Why should I walk with someone if I don't know where they are going? I can scratch my itching ears myself quite well...and I get suspicious when others try do it. (Perfectly happy pessimist thank you very much).

That's why.
You made a statement, you stated was a fact. (that God hates sinners)

someone asked you to prove that statement with scripture (to be honest, I would also like to see your proof. Because I deny that what you said is true myself)

You attacked him for it.

what is wrong with people that they are unable to see their own mistakes? And can not humble themselves?

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
You made a statement, you stated was a fact. (that God hates sinners)

someone asked you to prove that statement with scripture (to be honest, I would also like to see your proof. Because I deny that what you said is true myself)

You attacked him for it.

what is wrong with people that they are unable to see their own mistakes? And can not humble themselves?
The OP question....

If they are in Hell they don't get out and are getting what they worked for their entire lives.
Doesn't seem like love to me....they wished to be unloved by God and eventually got their way. What's so hard to prove?

Doesn't require any scripture. It's "prima facia" evidence.

Just because they will regret the consequences of their choices doesn't change them or allow them to make a different choice.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
The OP question....
Tylerbones did not ask you about the OP question. Niether am I,
If they are in Hell they don't get out and are getting what they worked for their entire lives.
Doesn't seem like love to me....they wished to be unloved by God and eventually got their way. What's so hard to prove?
If they are in hell they are there because they did not believe, But that does not mean God did not love them,, this is why we ask you the question..

Not based on what you think, but on what the word says

Doesn't require any scripture. It's "prima facia" evidence.
Sorry my friend, To claim God does not love sinners will require biblical proof. Or you have just given us what you THINK to be true

Just because they will regret the consequences of their choices doesn't change them or allow them to make a different choice.
No one said otherwise. and that was not the question asked you

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
with regards to the op question:

Just how much confusion can one person entertain and then attempt to confuse others with the same thoughts?

smh

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Does God Love unrepentant sinners who are in hell?

2 Peter 2:4
For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but delivered them, drawn down by infernal ropes to the lower hell, unto torments, to be reserved unto judgment.
Unrepentant would be the key word

“I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭13:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

without repentance men will perish

Notice how Gods Will is that no one should perish but that all men would repent and live

“but the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. ….The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:7, 9‬ ‭

i think repentance is about the living not sure about things after death and if they’ll repent or not that’s above my pay grade but the message is here for the living now to hear and be saved

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia

For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but delivered them, drawn down by infernal ropes to the lower hell, unto torments, to be reserved unto judgment.
No, it's too late for them and for the reprobates.

Mar 25, 2020

Jesus loves you. He loves every soul. Even the ones that stubbornly go to hell. But the ones who go to hell go there because of their actions while they were in this world. Jesus still loves those souls. They are not coming back from hell because they made their choice to go there. But that does not mean that Jesus stops loving the damned souls. His love is forever. Jesus has invited us to be the heirs of God's Kingdom. Not all will enter. Jesus has explained this through the use of many parables. The answer to your question. Yes. God does love the souls who go to hell. God loves us more than He does angels because He took the form a man through His son Jesus Christ. That shows God's love for us even though we're sinners. Angels are spirit beings that cannot sin. Yet God loves us more than angels. Still, God gives us a choice. We go to heaven by our own choice and by God's grace, by keeping ourselves from continuing a sinful way of life. The love of our God is forever. Getting to heaven should be the goal of every Christian more than gathering riches on earth which perish away.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
How can you outright say that God doesn't Love.
God is Love and He so loved the world.
What I said in no way denies any or all attributes of the Lord. That said, what would deny God's other attributes would be to say that He loves those He says that He hates.
Does God not hate some people?
Isn't He angry with the wicked every day?

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Why?
What would you do with the information?
Would you try every way possible to discount it and/or try to find a loophole?

There comes a point when questions asked in a disingenuous manner that you figure out that it's really not worth your time.

You are here to prove your point and not actually try to learn. You do the same to scriptures already. It's called proof texting or eisogesis.

Literally every book in the Old Testament and New is full of proof. Especially when read in context.
Why so evasive? Let's see some of that there exegesis as you understand it from the Bible we all say we believe.

I've been here a long time. My agenda is honesty and actual dialogue. Often hard to come by in this and many Christian forums.

May 1, 2022
God is Love and He so loved the world.
What I said in no way denies any or all attributes of the Lord. That said, what would deny God's other attributes would be to say that He loves those He says that He hates.
Does God not hate some people?
Isn't He angry with the wicked every day?
Not the PEOPLE just their DECISIONS. He hates their wickedness but never hates them.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Why so evasive? Let's see some of that there exegesis as you understand it from the Bible we all say we believe.

I've been here a long time. My agenda is honesty and actual dialogue. Often hard to come by in this and many Christian forums.
Answered already.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Did he love the Cities, as He rained fire and brimstone upon Sodom and Gomorrah?
Genesis 19
Unrepentant and in Hell....

And somehow they can be redeemed?
They get yet another chance? (Not counting the millions of chances they had on Earth)

At what point does prima fascia evidence not become prima fascia? (As plain as the nose on your face)

Where God's mercy and grace might seem limitless and timeless....even He has a cut off point. And a person's residence in Hell would be a good clue to the end of it.

If Lazarus couldn't bring a finger of water or get a message to his brothers....then I'd say that you can't get there from there....there are no roads.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Unrepentant and in Hell....

And somehow they can be redeemed?
They get yet another chance? (Not counting the millions of chances they had on Earth)

At what point does prima fascia evidence not become prima fascia? (As plain as the nose on your face)

Where God's mercy and grace might seem limitless and timeless....even He has a cut off point. And a person's residence in Hell would be a good clue to the end of it.

If Lazarus couldn't bring a finger of water or get a message to his brothers....then I'd say that you can't get there from there....there are no roads.
I think where churches often misunderstand this truth is that they decide to focus on that one attribute of God to the exclusion of His justice. In spite of our sins, He so loved the world. He must love every child born into the world. As people make a number of decisions and draws all men into Him, there's a point at which either...

A. They harden their heart against God. He in turn can decide to do likewise. Ie. Pharaoh in Moses' time. Romans 1 for a well known NT description...
Or
B. As you described, it's too late once death occurs. This often saddens me like it did when I heard of the death of an admired acquaintance who was 101 in 2020. I hoped that I would have had another opportunity to share the good news with him.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I think where churches often misunderstand this truth is that they decide to focus on that one attribute of God to the exclusion of His justice. In spite of our sins, He so loved the world. He must love every child born into the world. As people make a number of decisions and draws all men into Him, there's a point at which either...

A. They harden their heart against God. He in turn can decide to do likewise. Ie. Pharaoh in Moses' time. Romans 1 for a well known NT description...
Or
B. As you described, it's too late once death occurs. This often saddens me like it did when I heard of the death of an admired acquaintance who was 101 in 2020. I hoped that I would have had another opportunity to share the good news with him.
There is no love without justice!