Do you believe you can get to know God better by learning in general?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 13, 2017
My heart gets so sad and confused by the Christians that can even believe in evolution or billions of years…. If G-d’s Word is a lie about 6 days creation how is it even possible to believe some man, was perfect, (we will leave out G-d Himself for the ones that do not believe Y-shua is G-d) died on a cross, rose from the dead three days later, a now if you accept Him as Lord and Savior you will not go to hell. Then is hell even a literal place…. How make believe does this needing a Savior called Y-shua sound anyway. The only reason we need a Savior is because we must answer to a Creator. I mean if there is a lie in the Bible is there not others? How do you choose what is truth or just a story? If Creation is a lie or not literal then the whole thing about needing a Savior and Messiah could be too!!!

We know that anything other than Y-shua and Him Crucified as our Lord and Savior is nonscience and so is anything but the creation story as literal just like Messiah!!!!
Are you talking about creation? Or re-creation? Or both?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I don't believe it I know it. I am fascinated with topics such as psychology and astronomy and I like to watch documentaries of all kinds of things mainly things like what makes people tick kind of stuff really I just love to get into the deep study zone it doesn't matter what it is when I get into the whole writing a ton of research pages zone it thrills me.

And interestingly enough he has always taught me in this even if I am studying something that has nothing to do with him an analogy will pop into my mind or some kind of insight and understanding of something about him or about the bible that I never understood before will suddenly just appear I have even seen him do this with me just drawing when I am bored XD

I love how he will use literally anything to teach us and commune with us

Dai3234

Sep 6, 2016
I don't believe it I know it. I am fascinated with topics such as psychology and astronomy and I like to watch documentaries of all kinds of things mainly things like what makes people tick kind of stuff really I just love to get into the deep study zone it doesn't matter what it is when I get into the whole writing a ton of research pages zone it thrills me.

And interestingly enough he has always taught me in this even if I am studying something that has nothing to do with him an analogy will pop into my mind or some kind of insight and understanding of something about him or about the bible that I never understood before will suddenly just appear I have even seen him do this with me just drawing when I am bored XD

I love how he will use literally anything to teach us and commune with us
Hmm, it seems like your interests are revolving around the Bible. "What makes people tick" etc. So the things you may study are based on people. If you watched how people wire houses, I don't think you'd learn alot about God. Very little if anything at all, ever. Unless God gave you a blessing.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
Has anyone mentioned this verse from Romans 1?

20 [FONT=&quot]For since the creation of the world His invisible [/FONT]attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,

Marano

Dec 7, 2011
Has anyone mentioned this verse from Romans 1?

20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
Good verse, really shows it there.

Feb 28, 2016
it's about being called, receiving, and applying, and obeying, there is no other way to come
into the Body of Christ and abiding in His Will in order for us to be a part of His Holy family...

Nov 12, 2015
What I mean by that is when you study mathematics, languages, biology, physics, chemistry, history, geography and other fields of knowledge? I believe we can, by following this logic: the more we know about God's creation, the more we know about the Creator. There are hidden mysteries and knowledge to be obtained in almost every field of knowledge I believe.

For example before studying natural sciences I wouldn't be able to ascertain God created everything in 6 literal days and the earth is only about 6000 years old, but after doing research on it I found out about all the evidence proving the bible is true, before that I would take those statements on faith.

I believe it's the same thing with other fields of knowledge when we learn it can be a way to glorify our God, by getting to know the creation better, and glorifying the Creator.
Jesus taught in parables. This was relating what He wanted to say by making them look at something in the world around them. He STILL teaches me in spiritual parables.

I remember in Biology class when we dissected the eye of a sheep. It was ugly as heck and everybody was trying to be brave and not yak up their Mountain Dew. One girl didn't listen carefully to the instructions and, I think wanting to show her bravery and all around cool, she picked up a scalpel and started, applying a pushing pressure, which isn't necessary with a scalpel and was what we were warned against doing. She got sheep eyeball goo all over her. Some shot up her nose.

THAT'S not what I wanted to relate...what is wrong with me!!! When we got the eyeball dissected, there was the most beautiful sight. The back of the eyeball is a gorgeous color/colors. It's like mother of pearl mixed with almost iridescent blues and greens. Then we learned that the reason you would see them out at night if you were driving and their eyes were green, it was from the light bouncing off this colorful backing, which was designed to optimize what little light there was at night, so they could see in the dark.

He taught me in a spiritual parable right there, with a dead sheep part! The most beautiful part of a sheep is the part of it that reflects light. And you can't even see any indication of it until light hits it. (Or until you dissect it).

He can be seen in almost anything I look at. Even in secular movies or novels I see Him in the bones of the story. There is no action/adventure story without good vs. evil. There is no way to tell a love story without some form of sacrifice.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Hmm, it seems like your interests are revolving around the Bible. "What makes people tick" etc. So the things you may study are based on people. If you watched how people wire houses, I don't think you'd learn alot about God. Very little if anything at all, ever. Unless God gave you a blessing.
He will teach the students who are willing to learn using whatever means necessary. He used the anime show Naruto to teach me a lot about who I am in him a show that has nothing to do with him at all.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
As for wiring houses the person needs to make the right wires and connections throughout the entire house or else it won't function correctly right? Well lets say this is how he made the church, lets say the wires and cords are us and the outlets and ports that the wires and cords go into are say the gifts of the holy spirit to operate in his church and the house is the church. Now there are different wire and cords but not everyone of them can go into a certain outlet or port because that is not what they were meant for if you put the wrong wire and cord in the wrong outlet or port then nothing will function as it should right?

Because remember 1 Corinthians 12:29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?
For those who have an open willing and teachable heart he will use anything to do so

beta

Aug 8, 2016
I will say that 'Head-knowledge is a marvellous thing but without 'practical experience has little purpose or meaning....that is one reason why Jesus was sent to be an example for us to follow. The time of much talking was past and 'practicle application became paramount....as Jas 1v22 explains.
So why are christians having a hard time getting it right ? because they are not starting at the base or foundation or entering by the door. There are no short-cuts or climbing over the fence - it's illegal.

Nov 12, 2015
I will say that 'Head-knowledge is a marvellous thing but without 'practical experience has little purpose or meaning....that is one reason why Jesus was sent to be an example for us to follow. The time of much talking was past and 'practicle application became paramount....as Jas 1v22 explains.
So why are christians having a hard time getting it right ? because they are not starting at the base or foundation or entering by the door. There are no short-cuts or climbing over the fence - it's illegal.
Head knowledge deceives me usually. It isn't until after I see that I haven't APPLIED that knowledge in a situation, that I realize the head knowledge wasn't really mine. :)

beta

Aug 8, 2016
Head knowledge deceives me usually. It isn't until after I see that I haven't APPLIED that knowledge in a situation, that I realize the head knowledge wasn't really mine. :)
Sure - proof of the pudding is 'in the eating ! no matter what anyone else says or how it looks....
and that is why people who profess to know all about law or Sabbath (Gods Commandments) actually don't understand any of it...because they don't practice it !