Do you believe your preacher, or do you believe an Apostle of The LORD JESUS CHRIST?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

veryelect

Banned
Dec 3, 2014
271
2
0
Do you believe your preacher, or do you believe an Apostle of The LORD JESUS CHRIST?

Preacher:
You don't have to study Revelation, you're going to be gone!

Apostle:
2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

There is no rapture and no one is flying out of here!

Eze 13:19 And will ye pollute me among my people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live, by your lying to my people that hear your lies?
Eze 13:20 Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.
Eze 13:21 Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
Eze 13:22 Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:
 

I'm just wondering if there are preachers out there that really teach this?


Actually yes, as I have come across a few churches that still tell their congregations they are not to read the bible.
Only ordained preachers have the right to read and teach from the word is what they tell them, which keeps many in the dark.

As for the topic at hand this could be a trick question for some, as we have some out there that are classified as Paulinians who believe that the Apostle Paul taught more truth then our Lord Jesus. And they go by his words over the Lords as if he taught a different gospel message of salvation. When the bible itself says he didn't, nor can anybody else, or even an angel.
 

I'm just wondering if there are preachers out there that really teach this?

I have heard that there are preachers that teach that you don't have to study Revelation or even that it is still Sealed, even though the actual word means 'to reveal' and even that Apocalypse means 'to disclose'. But even if what I have heard is not so, by believing in a rapture, people will think that they are gone before the things of Revelation start and therefore will be less motivated to study it.

Also, in the verses in Ezekiel above, the part where it talks of the pillows means that they cover GOD'S out stretched saving arms and hide the fact that HE is trying to save them.
 
Actually yes, as I have come across a few churches that still tell their congregations they are not to read the bible.
Only ordained preachers have the right to read and teach from the word is what they tell them, which keeps many in the dark.

As for the topic at hand this could be a trick question for some, as we have some out there that are classified as Paulinians who believe that the Apostle Paul taught more truth then our Lord Jesus. And they go by his words over the Lords as if he taught a different gospel message of salvation. When the bible itself says he didn't, nor can anybody else, or even an angel.

I have no idea where people get ideas like that. There is not one contradiction in the Bible. If it seems there is a contradiction, it is always a mistake on the side of man. What I mean is that Paul never taught anything that did not agree with or was taught by JESUS HIMSELF.
 
I have no idea where people get ideas like that. There is not one contradiction in the Bible. If it seems there is a contradiction, it is always a mistake on the side of man. What I mean is that Paul never taught anything that did not agree with or was taught by JESUS HIMSELF.


I know I don't see how they do either, but I have come across a bunch of them.
And I have gotten into a debate with a couple of them on here.
 
I have heard that there are preachers that teach that you don't have to study Revelation or even that it is still Sealed, even though the actual word means 'to reveal' and even that Apocalypse means 'to disclose'. But even if what I have heard is not so, by believing in a rapture, people will think that they are gone before the things of Revelation start and therefore will be less motivated to study it.

Also, in the verses in Ezekiel above, the part where it talks of the pillows means that they cover GOD'S out stretched saving arms and hide the fact that HE is trying to save them.
well i dont know about ppl who teach that stuff but isnt the rapture all the more reason to study revelation and the rest of the bible? I mean you wont go in the rapture simply because you claim to be a Christian . without a very deep love and relationship with God you cannot hope to go in it. plus the wordnever said we would not see all hell break loose
 
I cannot imagine going to a church, where people are encouraged to NOT read the Bible.

Our pastor spent a whole year on the importance of prayer, and another whole year on reading the Bible, complete with reading plans.

He uses the Bible for his sermons, and they are so powerful!

I don't know where these stereotypes come from, but every church I have ever been in, promoted the Bible and pushed for people to read it. That is how we grow as Christians, not worrying about some unblblical rapture!
 
I cannot imagine going to a church, where people are encouraged to NOT read the Bible.

Our pastor spent a whole year on the importance of prayer, and another whole year on reading the Bible, complete with reading plans.

He uses the Bible for his sermons, and they are so powerful!

I don't know where these stereotypes come from, but every church I have ever been in, promoted the Bible and pushed for people to read it. That is how we grow as Christians, not worrying about some unblblical rapture!

I think that is awesome that you have such a church! :)
Unfortunately, I have seen all too often that a rapture is the main belief (by at least what I've run into), and even being shown exact scripture that disproves it doesn't change what people believe.
 
Better yet there are some churches that teach that if you don't attend their church you won't make it. As for the rapture we are not appointed unto wrath, which is what the tribulation is if you read Revelation.
 
Better yet there are some churches that teach that if you don't attend their church you won't make it. As for the rapture we are not appointed unto wrath, which is what the tribulation is if you read Revelation.

When the devil gets cast to earth by Michael the arch angel, he knows he has but a short time.
The devil comes in peacefully and prosperously (see the book of Daniel).
The devil destroys wonderfully by peace.
All who dwell on the earth except those written in The Book Of Life from the foundation of the world will wonder after him, which means worship him.
Those that are written in The Book Of Life from the foundation of the world are GOD'S 7000, which are the very elect.
The very elect will be a big part of what brings down the devils system and the devil will be after them.
The devil isn't after the rest of the world, he already has them.
It's the job of the elect to give a testimony that all who hear will hear in their own language as shown in Acts 2.
It's the elect that aren't appointed to wrath, and the wrath that is spoken of is GOD'S Wrath that is poured out on the children. It's the Seventh Vial. That wrath does not get poured out on the elect.

Mar 13:11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

There is a lot to all of this, but I thought I would mention it anyway.
 
sorry dont know if this the rigth blog to post this but i need someone to guide me rigth now
 
I only believe the person who is preaching right out of the Word. The person who is bringing to your remembrance its witness of Jesus Christ through that Word. Call him what you want, but if the cross of Jesus is his main message as it was Paul's I will listen.
 
sorry dont know if this the rigth blog to post this but i need someone to guide me rigth now

Hi AACO,
I was out for a while, but is everything okay? I'm not sure if I can help, but you can private message me and I would be happy to try.