Do You Consider Church Necessary?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KBond

Senior Member
Jun 5, 2013
662
21
18
"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." --Hebrews 10:25


​

In His Word, God tells us not to forsake assembly together. God wants Christians to gather together for the sake of His Name. You may gather with your friends and family (and they might even be Christians), but it is not the same as gathering in the house of God.


Some reasons I consider church attendance important:


  • PRESENCE - We need God and sometimes we need to feel His presence. When we gather in His Name, He always shows up!
  • HUMILITY - Being under the authority of a pastor/minister/priest wards off spiritual pride.
  • ACCOUNTABILITY - Relating to Christian peers keeps us accountable in our Christian walk.
  • SERVICE - Churches offer many opportunities to serve others from volunteerism within and outside the church to giving and collecting for the poor.

What else?

Lord, help us not to forsake assembly in Your Name. Give us the desire and perseverance to attend church regularly. Lead us, and teach us to follow. In Christ's Name, Amen.
 
I like the Church for being useful for SERVICE. It get money to help those who love missions, but real fellowship could be found at some homes, with Christian friends or at CC.

I think it a burden! Each comiited Christian could build his/her house as a home church to help other same way,
 
Church is more for fellowship with the saints. Most of the saints are not perfect but they could help you in ways u r them do not know. God has made us in us a way that we always need each other. You might not want to go all the time but this go for God thoughts are even greater that your greatest one. He knows your need but most of the understand the need for church
 
Church is meant as a gift not a burden. I'm sorry to hear you feel that way, secularhermit. I love church. It is a blessing to me. Hope you one day find a church you consider to be an illustration of Christ's love for you! God bless!
 
Last edited:
Oh sorry! It´s not a burden for me. I meant that I see it useful for other things, like service. I don´t know how to convey my ideas (this is not my language) but, according to my LIMITED experience in Latin America, I see it another way which is not your, and here it is where I see it as a burden. In fact, I have heard many people complaining about those pastors asking money (cars, houses and vehicles).

That´s where I see it as a burden, but not for me. It has the POWER to change OUR world, but some have seen it as ENLACE TV broadcasts, as a mean to make profit, and not the way to get the outreached. That´s how I see it as a burden, but not as MANY really enjoy it. I owe several Christian Churches having sent their missioners to Venezuela. Those CHRISTIANS helped and sponsored missioners to reach people in Caracas (Venezuela) and, if real Christians see it as as the burden I see here, missionary filed would be empty, as those seats I see empty where God´s word is twisted.

I love the PEOPLE of the Church I have seen serving the ALMIGHTHY. I do love those COMMITTED Christians serving HIM and the Lord Jesus. I do like the people I have seen, those who taught me, those who helped me (and others) to repent and convert to Jesus, but the structures, the building itself, means nothing for me, particularly when I see Ezekiel 34 being applied for those I knew here.

That´s why I could see it as a burden.