Do you ever feel like your purpose in life is something HUGE?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 5, 2018
Am I wrong for this? I always feel like what God wants me to do is going to be really important and big like what Moses or Joseph did. Im not saying that I think God is gonna let me part the sea or rain fire, or anything like that. But He lead hundreds of thousands out of slavery through Joseph which is huge. I feel like He wants me to lead people out of poverty in Africa and here in the US. But of course bringing all glory to His name.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
I think glorifying His name and letting His love in us shine outwards IS huge...

I am not sure if I will be used to lead some large scale event which will be seen by all, but I know if one seed of truth I am used to plant takes root and grows into a fruit bearing tree... that has infinite value...

(if we can hold the towel sort of speak for whoever God chooses to use for something large scale.. it would still be a blessing)

Not sure exactly what you are feeling drawn to do in regards to leading those in need out of poverty, but I hope you see exactly what God wants you to see.😁

Do you have any ideas?

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
I don't believe I have a purpose.

Sep 5, 2018
I think glorifying His name and letting His love in us shine outwards IS huge...

I am not sure if I will be used to lead some large scale event which will be seen by all, but I know if one seed of truth I am used to plant takes root and grows into a fruit bearing tree... that has infinite value...

(if we can hold the towel sort of speak for whoever God chooses to use for something large scale.. it would still be a blessing)

Not sure exactly what you are feeling drawn to do in regards to leading those in need out of poverty, but I hope you see exactly what God wants you to see.😁

Do you have any ideas?
Not sure if I understand your question😕🤔

M

morefaithrequired

Am I wrong for this? I always feel like what God wants me to do is going to be really important and big like what Moses or Joseph did. Im not saying that I think God is gonna let me part the sea or rain fire, or anything like that. But He lead hundreds of thousands out of slavery through Joseph which is huge. I feel like He wants me to lead people out of poverty in Africa and here in the US. But of course bringing all glory to His name.
the challenge is to stay humble...no matter what your role or earthly status is

Sep 5, 2018

Do you have any ideas?
Well provide homes to those that need and want help getting back on their feet. You cant help someone who doesn't want it. And for Africa, providing access to clean water for starters. Theres so many other things I could do not just for Africa or people in poverty, but EVERYONE in need of ANYTHING. I just hope I have the same drive or passion for these things before its too late

Dec 8, 2019
I don't believe I have a purpose.
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1

Everything God has made has a purpose. You do also even if it feels otherwise.

Chloe24

Dec 17, 2019
I know exactly what you mean, in your head you have this picture of what serving the Lord looks like. I remember I was praying for my cousin who lived down the street, she wasn’t saved and into some sketchy stuff. A few times when I was praying I felt this feeling that I had to go to her house right away,
I would get excited thinking this would be the time she would be ready to hear the gospel. Every time I went she was home but wouldn’t come to the door. I felt like such an idiot, and like I made everything up in my head. Months passed, and I was over visiting her. She mentioned all the times I’d gone to her house. I was cringing so hard. She told me that she had gotten into drugs, and every time she got high I’d be knocking at her door. She said she felt so guilty about me coming around when she was high that she stopped. We talked about Jesus and she had lots of questions. My jaw was on the floor. I thought all those times were a complete waste. God uses the craziest things, and we can’t see his plan. I think it’s great that you’re thinking big there are no limits to God and what he can do. Pray and ask him to use you and listen for what he tells you. It might seem absolutely bananas, and you might not find out the what or why but I can promise you walking close with the lord is like nothing else.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Yes... Interestingly enough, I suspect that at some point in my life - I fell in love with my life's plan...
Then our Lord tested me with significant changes in my life; which gave me tremendous cause for pause and reflection...
I began to question if I should be 'working for a living' or instead should I begin to 'live for a living?'
During the past few years of self-reflection, introspection, and spiritual growth - I have often sensed a larger calling...
While I strive to make contributions in my field that are relevant and useful in an impact-full way; I do often wonder how I could combine my skills and passion in a more direct manner to help people.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
For maybe a millisecond I have wondered about that. I was told prophetically about something once, but I have no idea how God will make it happen and in what capacity small or large.

I can tell I’m in one of those “building yourself up” in-between stages of life. I have no idea when God will have me out of it, but we’ll see.