Do you get scared of silly things?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Camess

Aug 11, 2020
I don't know about you, but I do. As an adult I figured I'd outgrow a lot of things, but there's one thing I certainly haven't. Storms at night. I've tried to not be afraid of such a silly thing, but I'm still scared stiff of storms if they happen at night. Anyone else have a problem with childish fears?

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
Yes. I'm an adult who's still scared of the dark. I never sleep in darkness and I need to have some kind of light on so I can relax and not be afraid.

Childish indeed. But it is what it is.

Caduceus

Apr 10, 2013
Anxiety about things I cannot control and are not likely anyway.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Heart pounds to the sound
Coming after me
Step back, what is that?
It's a mystery
Is it something?
Probably nothing
Still I find a way to scare myself
Till I remember
This all feels familiar
And I know better

They are only paper tigers
Following me
In the wild imagination
Of the make belief
And there's a fighter, a survivor
Rising in me
I'm not afraid of paper tigers

- Jaci Velasquez

B

Beloved132

Yes. So many silly things. In fact, I'm scared right now that I'm scared of so much! :D I am single and live alone. So a big, probably irrational fear of mine is choking to death on food. I also have massive fears of fires, especially being in a third floor apartment. Spiders. Heights. Deep, dark water. Goodness...lots of things.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
That thing I see in the mirror everytime I look is scary!

stepbystep

Aug 31, 2020
Having a fear of storms is not a silly fear to me. Living in a tornado prone part of the country, storms, especially at night are not just scary, but a real danger. You have a right to be concerned. I am. I also believe God will protect us if we take our fears to Him in prayer. The Bible tells us we were not born with a spirit of fear. I believe this. I believe fear is a thing learned from life experiences, and taught by our parents, others. Like so many things learned, taught, we have to rise above them, and place our trust in God.

It isn't easy for me, but I know He has never let me down.

God bless you Camess, and give your fears to God.

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Scared of cobweb.i would rather go 4 days without food than experience a web touching my skin.😫😫😫😫😫😫😉

Camess

Aug 11, 2020
Having a fear of storms is not a silly fear to me. Living in a tornado prone part of the country, storms, especially at night are not just scary, but a real danger. You have a right to be concerned. I am. I also believe God will protect us if we take our fears to Him in prayer. The Bible tells us we were not born with a spirit of fear. I believe this. I believe fear is a thing learned from life experiences, and taught by our parents, others. Like so many things learned, taught, we have to rise above them, and place our trust in God.

It isn't easy for me, but I know He has never let me down.

God bless you Camess, and give your fears to God.
Thanks. I live in oklahoma so I can relate to the tornado thing.

Camess

Aug 11, 2020
Yes. I'm an adult who's still scared of the dark. I never sleep in darkness and I need to have some kind of light on so I can relax and not be afraid.

Childish indeed. But it is what it is.

Well I'm not scared of the dark in general(anymore). But I won't go near the woods at night! Totally teriffying!

IToreTheSky

Aug 20, 2020
N.Y.
Well I'm not scared of the dark in general(anymore). But I won't go near the woods at night! Totally teriffying!
Ok, get ready to laugh. I am afraid of moths. Yes I know they don't bite or sting but I feel like they're out to get me. It seems like I have a moth homing beacon sticking out of my head. They seem to find me no matter what. LoL I hate their wings maybe, I dunno. I don't mind butterflies or Mothera. Go figure.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Well I'm not scared of the dark in general(anymore). But I won't go near the woods at night! Totally terrifying!
Okay, you got me there :geek::giggle: I am currently watching a show where people regularly walk in the spooky woods at night and it just seems so creepy to me :oops:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Ok, get ready to laugh. I am afraid of moths. Yes I know they don't bite or sting but I feel like they're out to get me. It seems like I have a moth homing beacon sticking out of my head. They seem to find me no matter what. LoL I hate their wings maybe, I dunno. I don't mind butterflies or Mothera. Go figure.
Haha, I was gonna mention big hairy moths... not that I am afraid of them, but that I really really really don't like them:giggle:I had a friend over once many years ago while one such creature was in my apartment, and when my friend whacked it with an album cover, it came zinging straight toward me. Time literally slowed down as I watched it heading for my head at top speed... and I was able to duck in time. I understand adrenaline is what causes time to slow like that...

IToreTheSky

Aug 20, 2020
N.Y.
Haha, I was gonna mention big hairy moths... not that I am afraid of them, but that I really really really don't like them:giggle:I had a friend over once many years ago while one such creature was in my apartment, and when my friend whacked it with an album cover, it came zinging straight toward me. Time literally slowed down as I watched it heading for my head at top speed... and I was able to duck in time. I understand adrenaline is what causes time to slow like that...
LoL @ time slowing down. I'm glad yer ok. 😀

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
deep water I think is scary. I am not a good swimmer. I dont think its childish though.

I cant remember if I was scared of a lot of silly things when I was young. I remember my little brothers were afraid of the dark and had to have a night light, but I didnt however I DID have a security blanket. I was also very shy. Maybe I was afraid of bigger people in general.

Oh yes I was afraid of dogs, being bitten and them growling at me. But it was true lots of dogs around the neighbourhood WERE vicious and trained to attack strangers.

when people are scared of little things like bugs and spiders etc I dont really get because you are bigger and can just stomp on them.