Do you have a best friend here from cc?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheNarrowPath

Jul 17, 2022
its nice to see some posts from my neck of the woods (?!)
I cant say have 'best friends' but I feel Ive gotten to know a lot of different peeps on here. I think this singles forum is my go to one even though it has a sort of weird reputation as a dating site lol - it isnt!

I dont really do group chats but in real life I have my own circle of friends that I meet up with.

I think the tech for group chats is something I dont gel with that well and would rather take a bit of time than have a sort of online hui where everyone is talking over each other or competing for attention. (This implies there is a competition to be the 'best friend') .I dont approach online chats in that way. I just find topics that interest me and that I think are worthy of exploring. Im not here to interrogate people about their personal lives - people share what they want to share. I think there are other forums for that, that are more serious.

Though I think for online you really receive what you put in ..definitely have been blessed by others on here, encouraged, edified, and for the most part entertained.
I remember being on a site years ago and there were public and private rooms to text video or mic in. In the public rooms it was hard to have a conversation as there was always people who would hog the mic and sometimes be multiple mics on at the same time. So it would become a free for all.

TheNarrowPath

Jul 17, 2022
I've met some great people from here.

And I've had the privilege of meeting some in person with others on that list!
Nice. I havent seen you around here. Your name is intriguing.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
the novelty of groups chats and zoom etc wore off pretty quickly for me - even before FB and other social media - I use messaging to keep in touch with peeps I already know and trust rather than just as a way to pass the time with random ppl.

I think forums are a better way to communicate in writing with unknown people, anonymous strangers etc - its public so it has taken me actually a few years to navigate and be able to get to a place where I can safely deal with things like online trolling, bullying, scammers, misinformation, fake news etc.

Its not something that even digital natives have the experience to handle a lot of the time. While its wonderful to meet so many people from different cultures and backgrounds, one must always respect that they will see things differently from you and thats what makes life interesting, however, sharing in a common faith and knowing we have a Saviour who loves us and forgives us is the key I think, to making good friends.

Jesus said love one another as I have loved you, so, treating each other as Jesus treats us goes a long way.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Mar 4, 2020
You know your location made me think today as I was going through this Grabone site we have in NZ. I was thinking if CC had members travelling to NZ I could help them out in some way if they passed through my city...Christian hospitality...
Thanks there's a good possibility I'll go through there at some point. I don't know when, though. May God bless you. 🙏🏻

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
was thinking my worst enemy could turn out to be my best friend :ROFL:

But then I supoose if someone started a thread on 'do you have an enemy here on CC?' it wouldnt go down well:devilish:

Spare a thought for Paul. It seeems at one point he had no friends at church, well the Galatians anyway 4:16
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
I’ve met a few people on CC, and had I been able, I would have met others. Due to physical issues I’ve been on and off of CC for about a decade. Honestly, I think I miss chatting the most. Facebook and IG has been helpful in keeping up with some people who don’t post here anymore.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I have swapped snail mail with peeps (not on this particular forum though) and sent Christmas cards...
I have met one online who came to my town

but reality is I live on an island that is far away from everyone else its not likely you'll come visit me at the drop of a hat. I mean I have relatives who even live in the same city as me that I literally never see. Because traffic makes it so hard to just visit and you either have to get back home or stay somewhere for the night and they have no room or they dont want to host you...so?! its not like you can just book a cheap hotel near them

Anyway.