Do you have a dream job ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Angela_s

Nov 21, 2017
I enjoy hard tasks as well. My point was that dreams are not always what they seem to be and sometimes are dreams are not always what we think. And dream jobs are still jobs like every other when you actually start. Its a path that you strive for and suffer make sacrifices. Many thing its the easy way out but its quiet the opposite. I am still working at one of those dream jobs.
I understand :) thanks for sharing your advice

hiiiiiiiii

Feb 19, 2021
I can't sit still for more than 5 minutes (an exaggeration) but I like the idea of traveling the world, don't know any jobs where you can get paid for that though and can't do that forever. Sooooooo stability afterwards while also enjoyment seems difficult.But who knowwwwss.:)(y)

T

TheIndianGirl

I can't sit still for more than 5 minutes (an exaggeration) but I like the idea of traveling the world, don't know any jobs where you can get paid for that though and can't do that forever. Sooooooo stability afterwards while also enjoyment seems difficult.But who knowwwwss.:)(y)
There are some obvious jobs that offer global travel (working on cruise ships, certain government jobs/maybe military, etc.). I know a handful of people who work abroad but they applied for jobs in that country, and used that as a base to travel to other countries. Not sure how old you are, but you can also teach English abroad for a few years. However, after that, you have to focus more seriously about your long-term career.

Mar 4, 2021
My dream job is to the agent for RaeLynn. She is my favorite singer ever, and deserves so much more hype. I notably like her song God Made Girls. WHAT A QUEEN.

May 23, 2020
My dream job is to be a traveling worshipper and speaker. I want to be able to have corporate worship nights where the Holy Spirit will move in such a powerful way that the presence of God will be tangible, and there will be many healings, word of knowledge and deliverances as a result of the worship. I want to go around preaching the true Gospel...the kingdom of God, to my generation. I want it to be appealing to them like something normal. I want to counsel others in how they can use their gifts to help us all and show them the value God has placed within them. I want to travel speaking this messages to a whole bunch of different countries getting to experience different cultures and FOOD. And i want to be able to bless people as I go to try out new things with me. Not just pay for their clothes but be able to be personal with them while helping them and lead them to Christ. I want to own businesses that target problems in my society. I want to have one business that encourages musicians to go deeper into the presence of God and minister with the Holy Spirit and have fun. I don't want musicians in church to be a job, but a service unto him by using our gifts for his glory and out of our love for him. I want to have fun while doing it. I also want to have a tutoring business where I can help people in my generation learn things like Chemistry, Physics, Algebra and more because I like math. My life's mission is: To change minds by making the Word of God practical and relevant to this generation. Lol there's more on the way because I am a big dreamer lol...

S

Scribe

My dream job is to be a traveling worshipper and speaker. I want to be able to have corporate worship nights where the Holy Spirit will move in such a powerful way that the presence of God will be tangible, and there will be many healings, word of knowledge and deliverances as a result of the worship. I want to go around preaching the true Gospel...the kingdom of God, to my generation. I want it to be appealing to them like something normal. I want to counsel others in how they can use their gifts to help us all and show them the value God has placed within them. I want to travel speaking this messages to a whole bunch of different countries getting to experience different cultures and FOOD. And i want to be able to bless people as I go to try out new things with me. Not just pay for their clothes but be able to be personal with them while helping them and lead them to Christ. I want to own businesses that target problems in my society. I want to have one business that encourages musicians to go deeper into the presence of God and minister with the Holy Spirit and have fun. I don't want musicians in church to be a job, but a service unto him by using our gifts for his glory and out of our love for him. I want to have fun while doing it. I also want to have a tutoring business where I can help people in my generation learn things like Chemistry, Physics, Algebra and more because I like math. My life's mission is: To change minds by making the Word of God practical and relevant to this generation. Lol there's more on the way because I am a big dreamer lol...
I like your vision/s brother.
Pursue the first things you said as this is what God has called you to, and you must devote yourself to them to be one of the GREATS at it instead of just "good enough." If you devote yourself to these things, (the Word of God and Prayer) and that which you know God is calling you to and put aside everything that distracts from this on a daily basis you will find yourself being used by God world wide and living the dream.

However, there will be many tests and just before you are about to "go in' to the promise land you will be tested to help God out or take on something like a secular career to "finance' your ministry and it will be the wrong decision. You must hear from God and then don't let anything distract you from the call. The more you pray and study the word the more you will have the "right stuff" when it comes time to minister in the anointing of the Holy Spirit. Remember that the word of God is always more effective than your explanations or creative ideas. Whether you are young or old, enroll in Bible college and get credentials with your fellowship so that you can work with the larger body of Christ world wide as this is God's method and many doors will open for you.

Don't worry about the finances. If you can let the Holy Spirit take you into a deeper anointing than what most people operate in there will be plenty of people world wide that God will lead to donate to your ministry so that you can concentrate on the word of God and prayer.

Many in the ministry suffer financially because they have very little to offer. They don't pray and study the word enough and their ministry is weak, and fruitless. Make the first things first and God will take care of the rest. Seek His Kingdom and His Righteousness and all these things will be added to you.

Jan 23, 2022
Just curious.

Not necessarily a current one. Even one you, once, had :) .

I'll start saying I wanted to be a veterinary, but then I changed idea, since I'm too sensible with medical conditions and I suffer of trypanophobia.

So, since I was ten, I want to be a cartoonist or a storyboarder/ cartoon characters designer.
Hope this doesn't sound silly.
A stand up comedian is my dream job.

In most of my dreams I am lost, wondering around not knowing where I am
In other dreams I am taking my life in some way.
In only one dream did I actually carried out my death by jumping off of a roof but the dream ended before I hit the ground..

soberxp

May 3, 2018
In most of my dreams I am lost, wondering around not knowing where I am
In other dreams I am taking my life in some way.
In only one dream did I actually carried out my death by jumping off of a roof but the dream ended before I hit the ground..
When I was young, I often had such a dream that I jumped off a building and woke up before hit to the ground

Rebel77

Dec 6, 2021
My dream job: Veterinarian, with my own clinic, and a bit bigger than hobby, hobby farm with dairy goats.

Jesus_Leads

Aug 15, 2021
Just curious.

Not necessarily a current one. Even one you, once, had :) .

I'll start saying I wanted to be a veterinary, but then I changed idea, since I'm too sensible with medical conditions and I suffer of trypanophobia.

So, since I was ten, I want to be a cartoonist or a storyboarder/ cartoon characters designer.
Hope this doesn't sound silly.
Any job with friendly people as colleagues even spiritual if possible. 5 days of work, average salary. Also challenging but not torturing. Since you have asked, now give me a job.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I just checked my retirement countdown app on my phone. I have 4 years, 5 months, 3 days,
16 hours, 56 minutes and 18, 17, 16 seconds to go for retirement, but who's counting? :p
Does that mean you are now retired? :unsure::)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
But when I was younger, I wanted to be a penguin.
Interesting! I wonder what the incidence of children wanting to be a favored animal when they grow up is, because I do not hear such things very often. I remember in kindergarten, our teacher asked each person what they wanted to be when they grew up. My answer was, I wanted to be a horse. I am pretty sure I did not know that was not humanly possible until I was informed then and there.

Nov 23, 2021
Brasil
singer-songwriter..but i'm already 35 and i never earned one single cent with my music.. now i really dont care that much with how i will pay my bills since it's legal.