Do you have to be smart with money to marry

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GardenofWeeden

Jul 27, 2018
The Garden of Weeden
I was married almost 28 years, and here is what I learned: Financially, you both need to work, and be involved in the finances. If he has no job or only a part time job, then before you even consider marriage, he needs to do better. You don't need to be supported by a man, but you surely don't need to be supporting a man either. One income, nor does 1-1/2 income support a family. Now-a-days it takes two incomes to support a family, if you want any type of savings for retirement or extras. You can survive on a single income or 1-1/2 income (full time and part time job), but that's all you will do, survive, if and when you have children; there will be no vacations, no savings, no eating out hardly, no extras at all without a LOT of sacrifice to get there....unless one of you earns a LOT of money. If you don't care how the money is spent, then by all means, let him handle all the finances, but you can't complain when things are messed up, or God forbid something happens to him, and then you learn there is no insurance or savings from which to bury him or to live after (again from experience). If he doesn't have a car, I hope you live in a big city, and he doesn't mind riding the bus, bike or walking, because taxis and uber get expensive, and you don't want to be chauffeuring him everywhere. It's a hassle, just sayin. And if he doesn't even have a driver's license, I'd want to know why.
Love covers a multitude of things, but real life enters, when the wolves come knocking at the door.
Peace!!

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Do you have to be smart with money to marry?

Apparently, it requires a lot more than this - because - well - I'm still not married... :p:LOL::unsure::giggle:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think most people need 3 incomes.
when your children are old enough, put them to work as well....

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
Any other thoughts? I especially wanna know what guys think about that
You have to be more smarter with money married more than when you are single. It goes in level of difficulty from easiest to hardest. Single, with kids, with girlfriend and kids, married. It is also easier to maintain a good financial life, because money usually comes from both sides. I would not worry to much about it, just take safety precautions.