I have trouble with this. It's a detail I have trouble saying with confidence. I think it might be due to reading retention.
You might have ocd and perfectionism. You are obsessing, unnecessarily, about having to understanding perfectly in order to be saved.
Which verse?No I'm not. I'm asking because of what it says in 1 Corinthians 15.
What about it is giving you trouble? Why can't you say confidently He rose on the third day?
Which part gives you trouble? The fact that Jesus resurrected, or that it on/after three days?
If the latter, perhaps you would do well to reconsider which day you believe He was crucified.
Many hold to the view that it was Friday. Others, for good reasons, do not.
Which verse?
What day do you believe Jesus died on the cross and was buried/entombed?It's just the detail of it being three days that gives me trouble. I've had trouble with things like this in the past if I'm not
mistaken, just a small detail that I can't fully say with confidence is true because for some reason I don't fully take it in.
What day do you believe Jesus died on the cross and was buried/entombed?
I don't know. I have no problem with him rising again on the third day, that's what it says in 1 Corinthians 15, it just doesn't register with me for some reason.
It's verse 4.
This ?No I'm not. I'm asking because of what it says in 1 Corinthians 15.
I think it might just be reading retention and then being able to confidently believe/say it.
1 Corinthians 15:4 simply says, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,I don't know. I have no problem with him rising again on the third day, that's what
it says in 1 Corinthians 15, it just doesn't register with me for some reason.
It's verse 4.
1 Corinthians 15:4 simply says, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,
Jesus was buried Included in these three days.If you read starting from the beginning of the chapter you might see where I'm coming from.
Do you doubt other resurrections, either performed by Jesus or another prophet/disciple?If you read starting from the beginning of the chapter you might see where I'm coming from.
Do you doubt other resurrections, either performed by Jesus or another prophet/disciple?
Lazarus was raised after being dead for four days, with his body stinking from rot.
GenesisI don't doubt any of the resurrections... I'm just having trouble taking in that it happened on the third day. Like it doesn't stick with me for some reason so I don't know if I really believe it. Maybe I do? It's just something I'm concerned about since whenever it comes up I have trouble with it, but like I wrote before I think it might be a reading retention problem. Like I've read it, but I have to reread it to remind myself that it's true, sort of.
So just believe it. It is not a big deal. But Christ Himself said that there would be three days and three nights between the crucifixion and the resurrection. What more do do you want? By that reckoning (and that the Hebrew day begins and ends at sunset) His crucifixion would have been on Wednesday, not Friday.No I'm not. I'm asking because of what it says in 1 Corinthians 15.
So just believe it. It is not a big deal. But Christ Himself said that there would be three days and three nights between the crucifixion and the resurrection. What more do do you want? By that reckoning (and that the Hebrew day begins and ends at sunset) His crucifixion would have been on Wednesday, not Friday.