Do you hug?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jer2911
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Do you hug?

  • No, I don't hug

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    36
I'm not much of a hugging type of person. :( I would if say I haven't seen someone I knew in a while and we give a friendly little hug or at times I hug my mother to remind her that I love her, even if I don't show it often. I don't know why I don't like hugging much, really.

I do agree that any type of affection or even to just be nice to people is seen as something as if you're hitting on a person or something romantic is going on between the two. It's sad and I think that's also why I'm iffy to give affection because I don't know how the other person *or people will react to it.
 
Have to admit I am a hugger, there is nothing like touch to let a person know they are cared for and loved. I wouldn't want the hug to linger too long though.
 
I wouldn't want the hug to linger too long though.

Yes, that might get creepy!

I remember an old man who attended the same church that I did years ago who made it a special point to go around hugging all the women that he could after the service. The women there complained about him holding them too close and hugging them for too long. There were some women who even said he would touch their hair and tell them how beautiful it was. :eek:

This guy was crossing the line!
 
Yep, hugs all around! Obviously with people I know though. Discernment is required to know who's a hugger and who's not.
 
Nope. I never initiate hugs. Not unless i were dating someone. But family, friends, no. I'm not big on touch in general outside of dating/marriage. I often find it awkward and uncomfortable even with friends or family.

Group hugs for Ugly! Oh C'mon, stop flapping your wings and resisting. Group hugs for yah! And a big hug from her. :D:p Ahahaha!
 
As for the over lingering hug... I have a very tall friend who will lean down on me when hugging me, and clutch me tightly. Sometimes the combination is enough to prohibit my breathing. If I can't breath, I express that, otherwise, I will take the full force of the hug, which at times may list seven minutes or more.... Some days I figure my friend might need that much of a hug. Other days I know I need that much or more. I give up on the awkwardness of it, because I know the heart behind it is filled will a pure Christian love.

I loved your comment, bro.
 
I love hugs....the bigger and tighter the better......the word says.....Greet one another with
a Holy kiss....churches of Christ salute you.......I think hugs are just as good....
hugs give you strength to endure......and it shows we are
capable of truly loving the way God says........
So hug on brothers and sisters....nothing to be afraid of.....thats what those arms are for.....
To show each other we really care.... cause sometimes you cant find the words.....hugs speak
volumes.......


I loved your comment! Jogoldie. Big hug for you and mwah!
 
I watched a grown man kiss his father on the lips in church the other day. It was sweet.

Whaaat! I think this is not an awkward thread. :D This is the very first time I have ever known such act existed! Well, to the pure everything is pure. Sweet? ahm. ok. :) Thanks for sharing this, amymine. :)
 
Agree I dont like strangers to hug me, that doesnt mean its not a good thing though.
Male friends I feel very loved being hugged. Strangers , unfortunatly I have seen enough evil in this world
 
Yep, hugs all around! Obviously with people I know though. Discernment is required to know who's a hugger and who's not.

Discernment is good and in our church, we are trained to hug properly. One devotional for young Christians, there's a skit and showing us the way to hug a brother and a sister. :) Hugs are all around me, too!
 
Family and people I know well it is the hug, new people I will extend my hand but if they look like they are leaning in for a hug I hug back. Love hugs and love to give them.
 
Do you have bible references about greeting people with a hug? Or Is it biblical?, the act of greeting by hug among Christians?
Or any act of greetings not only by hugging. I would like to learn more about this and I would like to learn more from you. :)
 
Actually it is referred to in a few verses in a few books.....Romans 16:16.......2Cor.13:12...1Peter 5:14.....1Thes. 5:26....
The holy kiss....some middle eastern groups are said to hug......kinda nice....

And any time sugar.....always there for you....peace...jo
 
Actually it is referred to in a few verses in a few books.....Romans 16:16.......2Cor.13:12...1Peter 5:14.....1Thes. 5:26....
The holy kiss....some middle eastern groups are said to hug......kinda nice....

And any time sugar.....always there for you....peace...jo

Thanks, my friend sistah! This gonna be my introduction to my message later. First, we will have this "hugging each other activity" then I will proceed to my message: The Woman Caught in Adultery John 8:1-11. Every Friday, we have this Women Devotional. :) Lots of love, hugs and kisses for you, my sistah! A big help for me~
 
Continue sharing about this "hugs" and if you have also bible references to share. I am encouraged by all your replies and I believe, one act of kindness goes a long long way. The impact is bigger than we can imagine! :) Big hugs from meeh!~ :)
 
If someone was leaning in for a hug, I'd never turn them down, but I only initiate hugs with a small number of people, a few friends and close family. I'm not big on being touched by people I'm not close to, a handshake works just fine for me.