Do You Kill Insects?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
They are horrible and we are even told to kill them. They destroy certain trees and a real threat to crops.
Honeybees, bumble bees, flutterbys are exceptions. They are greatly needed to pollinate.

Hmm...…..may be a couple more, can't remember right now....

As for the rest...…...

RAID!
Hilarious.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
No! We actually feed the wild birds and the ants here, there is an ants nest near the clothes line, they get crumbs and pieces of food every morning. Have seen the odd spider in here too, which we leave alone, mosquitos and others who are out to harm is a different story of course.

i've never heard of anyone feeding ants! that's awesome :)

in a house we used to have, we had a house spider in the kitchen, and for a while, some ants infiltrating towards the sink. i used to feed the ants -- to the spider -- when i saw them. :LOL:

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
There are sometimes dead insects in the pool. Now that i Know how much @posthuman likes insects I feel bad for them. I try to rescue some but they come out soaking wet grasping for air its so sad. Wh n i was a little girl I would catch butterflies with my sister and grab them by the wings ho,d them for a while then let them go. They had the softest wings filled with pollen. We were trying to prove we were not scared of them. I remember they were baby blue with black lining.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
As a Christian I cannot in good conscience kill a harmless insect just doing its own thing.

If they’re outside I simply let them be. If they’re inside I scoop them up and bring them outside.

That rule however does not apply to poisonous insects or mosquitoes. Mosquitoes are the scourge of the Earth and I kill them on sight.
I have a fly strip hanging in my kitchen to kill gnats.... If I did dishes every day I probably would not need a fly strip.... yes nasty but not as nasty as gnats...lol... I do not kill spiders because I think the spiders are killing other bugs for me.... I do not live where there are poisonous spiders.... I have a cat that kills field mice... ;mice are not bugs but I do not have have gardener snakes. If I lived where there were poisonous spiders or deadly snakes or in FL. where my cousin lives and her dog cannot go in the pond because of alligators..... I would KILL THEM ALL!!!! Okay out of the scope of insects... But the point is if you can kill me, I'll kill you first, (I hope), but if an insect is a help to me it is welcome.... A fly landing on my bread is not doing it's own thing... it has interfered with my sandwich...lol....

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019

in a house we used to have, we had a house spider in the kitchen, and for a while, some ants infiltrating towards the sink. i used to feed the ants -- to the spider -- when i saw them. :LOL:
That is brilliant!

Jul 20, 2019

oh nooo!!! The ignominy! Those poor ants!

M

Miri

I send any bugs or spiders to that big vacuum cleaner in the sky. 😁

May 8, 2019
Well I personally don’t like bugs AT ALL, I’m too scared to step on bugs to kill them. I’m even scared of house flies, I run when they fly near me 😫😱😵.. but I have killed them with the electric fly swatter before then step on them to make sure it doesn’t get back up and fly and attacks me! I’m too scared to kill spiders, if it’s tiny then yes but if it’s a bug that hops, crawls, has wings or hard shells then I’m running away. 🏃🏾‍♀💨

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
As a Christian I cannot in good conscience kill a harmless insect just doing its own thing.

If they’re outside I simply let them be. If they’re inside I scoop them up and bring them outside.

That rule however does not apply to poisonous insects or mosquitoes. Mosquitoes are the scourge of the Earth and I kill them on sight.
No.
"Thou shalt not murder". Thou shalt run screaming from the house, but thou shalt not murder what creepy crawlies are in the house.

And waving at me doesn't preclude the high rate of speed out-d-house either.

up

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Bible says,

if it offends you,

cut it off

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
No, only if they are bugging me.
Usually the chicken eats them.

Slugs are another matter

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
This morning I jumped in the shower and a minute later I saw a spider trying to avoid being swept down the drain. I turned the water off, stepped out, grabbed a tissue, picked up the spider and placed him on the bathroom floor whereby he walked away unscathed. I jumped back in the shower. No harm, no foul. 😎

M

Miri

Long story but I once got a bath with a mouse. I felt so sorry for the poor thing while trying to rescue it, that I didn’t even think about being freaked out.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Just killed a mosquito that was buzzing near my dogs. Think I’ll celebrate with a cold beer.