Do You Know God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
A pioneering man moved west, bought some farm land, and worked to build a prosperous homestead.
Having done so, he wants a family to share his success with. But there are few women available so he sends back east for a bride. Before coming, the soon to be bride sends a letter in advance to introduce herself. In the letter, among other things, she mentions that she is an excellent cook, an above average cleaner, and loves the outdoors.
Soon the betrothed arrives and the two hurry to the courthouse, exchange vows, and go home and consummate the marriage.
The next morning, the man awakens to a cornucopia of pleasant aromas. He dresses and comes to the table where he finds a plate full of eggs and biscuits and bacon and a nice hot cup of coffee. He enjoys the meal thoroughly and thanks his wife and heads toward the back forty with a pocket full of biscuits for lunch, thinking to himself that she had said she was an excellent cook, but having eaten one of her meals he now knew it for sure.
Finally arriving home in the evening and entering the abode, the man was astonished at how organized and clean the house was. No more cobwebs in the corners and the floor swept and a tablecloth across the wooden table. He sat down and complimented his wife and enjoyed another delicious meal; all the while thinking to himself, wow, she said she was a good cleaner but now I know it's so.
After dinner the couple went out for a stroll on the property and the man showed her around the farm. She breathed deeply of the fresh clean air and commented on the the beauty of the stars and the moon as they shone brightly in the sky. And the man thought to himself that she had noted her love of nature, but now he truly knew from experience it was so.
Just as this man knew things about his wife because she had written them, so too can we know about God by reading in the Bible what He has written about Himself. And also like this man who came to truly know his wife as he experienced what she had written concerning herself, we too can know God as we experience the things He has written concerning Himself personally.
What are some ways

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
A pioneering man moved west, bought some farm land, and worked to build a prosperous homestead.
Having done so, he wants a family to share his success with. But there are few women available so he sends back east for a bride. Before coming, the soon to be bride sends a letter in advance to introduce herself. In the letter, among other things, she mentions that she is an excellent cook, an above average cleaner, and loves the outdoors.
Soon the betrothed arrives and the two hurry to the courthouse, exchange vows, and go home and consummate the marriage.
The next morning, the man awakens to a cornucopia of pleasant aromas. He dresses and comes to the table where he finds a plate full of eggs and biscuits and bacon and a nice hot cup of coffee. He enjoys the meal thoroughly and thanks his wife and heads toward the back forty with a pocket full of biscuits for lunch, thinking to himself that she had said she was an excellent cook, but having eaten one of her meals he now knew it for sure.
Finally arriving home in the evening and entering the abode, the man was astonished at how organized and clean the house was. No more cobwebs in the corners and the floor swept and a tablecloth across the wooden table. He sat down and complimented his wife and enjoyed another delicious meal; all the while thinking to himself, wow, she said she was a good cleaner but now I know it's so.
After dinner the couple went out for a stroll on the property and the man showed her around the farm. She breathed deeply of the fresh clean air and commented on the the beauty of the stars and the moon as they shone brightly in the sky. And the man thought to himself that she had noted her love of nature, but now he truly knew from experience it was so.
Just as this man knew things about his wife because she had written them, so too can we know about God by reading in the Bible what He has written about Himself. And also like this man who came to truly know his wife as he experienced what she had written concerning herself, we too can know God as we experience the things He has written concerning Himself personally.
What are some ways
I meant to end with: what are some ways that you have experienced God?

Thusiserve

Nov 8, 2022
His enduring grace and love! Throughout scripture He tells us this truth. I am a long-time Christian, and i was not a very good one for a while there. But my Lord and Savior is absolutely and eternally amazing!
I try to realize how blessed I am daily, in all the small things in life. It's easy to know the big ones. It's only by His grace that I am alive and counted!

Nice thread Cameron.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
His enduring grace and love! Throughout scripture He tells us this truth. I am a long-time Christian, and i was not a very good one for a while there. But my Lord and Savior is absolutely and eternally amazing!
I try to realize how blessed I am daily, in all the small things in life. It's easy to know the big ones. It's only by His grace that I am alive and counted!

Nice thread Cameron.
Hi brother. Yep...God is ever faithful.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
While considering the possible meaning of "the poor in spirit" for which is the kingdom of heaven as per Jesus' Beatitudes brought me to Psalm 51:17, "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise." This is what we bring to God when we seek him "with all our heart," not only with just the "right heart," but just with what's 'left' also, and He does not despise or regard it with contempt. Then, as I continue to consider the meaning of the "the pure in heart," I'm reminded of the word study of "pure" illustrating the "pure" to be in the sense of catharsis such as in the cleansing of a wound... It's hard to abide patiently, with an exposed wound, it's ugly, hard to look at and it hurts terribly to allow it to be cleansed but, this is exactly how "they shall see God." And I've personally experienced His steady hands and His tenderness.

Psalm 103
Bless the LORD, O my soul;
all that is within me, bless His holy name.

Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and do not forget all His kind deeds—

He who forgives all your iniquities
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the Pit
and crowns you with loving devotion and compassion,
who satisfies you with good things,
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
While considering the possible meaning of "the poor in spirit" for which is the kingdom of heaven as per Jesus' Beatitudes brought me to Psalm 51:17, "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise." This is what we bring to God when we seek him "with all our heart," not only with just the "right heart," but just with what's 'left' also, and He does not despise or regard it with contempt. Then, as I continue to consider the meaning of the "the pure in heart," I'm reminded of the word study of "pure" illustrating the "pure" to be in the sense of catharsis such as in the cleansing of a wound... It's hard to abide patiently, with an exposed wound, it's ugly, hard to look at and it hurts terribly to allow it to be cleansed but, this is exactly how "they shall see God." And I've personally experienced His steady hands and His tenderness.

Psalm 103
Bless the LORD, O my soul;
all that is within me, bless His holy name.

Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and do not forget all His kind deeds—

He who forgives all your iniquities
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the Pit
and crowns you with loving devotion and compassion,
who satisfies you with good things,
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Amen. Thanks for sharing.

N

notonmywatch

1 John 2

3And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
1 John 2

3And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
Thanks for contributing

Ligje

Apr 11, 2019
Albania
What are some ways

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
I’ve experienced God our Creator by taking time to enjoy countless sunsets, rolling hills and the beauty of two different oceans. I’ve also experienced our Creator by joining together with fellow Christians in worship, especially when witnessing someone’s baptism.

I experienced our Redeemer by asking for and receiving forgiveness, and upon doing so being overwhelmed by His very real presence that reigned love and grace upon me. Now I experience the Spirit of Truth as He guides me on a daily basis, gifting me with discernment along with a sense of humor.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Yes,
I know God....
And you shoulda been there to hear what He said about you....
BUT
I don't want to spread gossip so I'm not gonna say anything else about how you got that rash or your heroine abuse or that financial scam you got going on in India or......

:ROFL:

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I got more than I could ever have imagined or expected ... I still after 44 years live in awe of His grace.
When we lose our sense of awe, we lose our sense of the grandiose majesty of God. Thanks for sharing.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I’ve experienced God our Creator by taking time to enjoy countless sunsets, rolling hills and the beauty of two different oceans. I’ve also experienced our Creator by joining together with fellow Christians in worship, especially when witnessing someone’s baptism.

I experienced our Redeemer by asking for and receiving forgiveness, and upon doing so being overwhelmed by His very real presence that reigned love and grace upon me. Now I experience the Spirit of Truth as He guides me on a daily basis, gifting me with discernment along with a sense of humor.
Amen. The heavens declare the glory of God...He speaks to me everywhere.
Thanks for sharing.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Yes,
I know God....
And you shoulda been there to hear what He said about you....
BUT
I don't want to spread gossip so I'm not gonna say anything else about how you got that rash or your heroine abuse or that financial scam you got going on in India or......

:ROFL:
Lol...and He didn't even share the juicy stuff. Wait for the sequel.
Proverbs reminds us...there is a time to laugh and that laughter is good for the soul, like a medicine.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Through His presence, His peace, His Word, His Spirit in guidance, inspiration and bringing His Word up in my mind. I have experienced Him through others who have outwardly affirmed or answered prayers and callings. I have experienced God in seeing people delivered from sins, suffering, heartache, disease, or in the suffering before death. I have experienced God in His creation through the awe of the night sky, the beauty of the sunrise and sunset, the expanse of the ocean, or the height of the mountain. I experience God when reflect on my children and the verses that come to mind about children and the Father. I experience God when I reflect on my monogamous heterogeneous marriage with my spouse as an example in application between Christ and the Church. I experience God when we say grace as it reminds me of Christ's sacrifice and my atonement. I experience God when His Spirit guides me in truth and wisdom.