Do You Know God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Through His presence, His peace, His Word, His Spirit in guidance, inspiration and bringing His Word up in my mind. I have experienced Him through others who have outwardly affirmed or answered prayers and callings. I have experienced God in seeing people delivered from sins, suffering, heartache, disease, or in the suffering before death. I have experienced God in His creation through the awe of the night sky, the beauty of the sunrise and sunset, the expanse of the ocean, or the height of the mountain. I experience God when reflect on my children and the verses that come to mind about children and the Father. I experience God when I reflect on my monogamous heterogeneous marriage with my spouse as an example in application between Christ and the Church. I experience God when we say grace as it reminds me of Christ's sacrifice and my atonement. I experience God when His Spirit guides me in truth and wisdom.
I knew you had it in you. Nice. Thanks for sharing.

P

pottersclay

When i gave up on myself and just wanted to die....he never gave up on me.

Cancer survivor 7 plus yrs.

Belka

Aug 24, 2017
I meant to end with: what are some ways that you have experienced God?
Before I share anything: that was really nicely written! *claps*

~
Now, as to the ways I have experienced God...

One of the most intense ways I've experienced God is in the midst of deep suffering. I've had seasons where I felt like all life was depleted out of me and there was but a void inside of me, but as I humbled myself and prayed, and reached out to Him for help, He brought restoration to my broken heart and soul. He filled me with His love and gave me peace that surpasses understanding. He got me through traumatic experiences and put me back together as if nothing happened... Only God can do that.

There have been times in my life where I felt so utterly alone, so confused, and so in pain, but literally in a matter of seconds, ALL of that was lifted off of me, supernaturally. And boom: instant peace and comfort... Only Jesus can do that.

I've felt His tangible love, in ways that were overwhelming. A heavy blanket of glory and pure love, encompassing everything that's in me, leaving me unable to move, tears flowing out of me. A love that cannot be paralleled; it cannot be found in anyone else.

I've experienced God through divine appointments and divinely appointed messages.
I've experienced Him through divine warnings through dreams and through discernment.

I've experienced Him through answered prayers; through situations that seemed impossible. Through forgiveness where there was so much resentment and pain. Through healing where there was so much brokenness. Through deliverance where there was deep bondage. Through hope rising up in my heart where there was deep hopelessness. Through freedom where there was captivity. Through courage where there was fear...

I've experienced Him through His people - the love, the care, the light that they exude. The kindness and support. The compassion and mercy. The generosity and genuine love toward me. The light in their eyes. Their powerful prayers and worship, imbued by the Spirit of the God.

And of course, as others have mentioned - through nature and the wonderful, beautiful things that He has created. Especially the sky, the clouds, the moon and the stars... The ocean. The trees and the flowers. All the animals and how unbearably cute kittens are! God is such an amazing artist!

I've experienced Him through seeing people changed by His Spirit... Only God can truly change a human heart. Only He can give us a heart of flesh instead of a heart of stone. I've seen wicked hearts become convicted of sin and turn to the Lord for help. I've had my own wicked heart convicted of sin, and the Lord cleansed it and purified it and made it good... And He keeps refining it as I go.

~
Thanks for reading... It's good to reflect on these things! All praise and glory to our God! 🙌❤️‍🔥✨

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Not to many questions I read that really makes me think unless I am not taking to them to think about them :)

I like how you first said it "do you know God" and yet "experienced God" flows right with that. I don't want to share on that. What I think about is.. I am afraid I will have to wait till this life is over I pray not but to then see all the moments He made himself known. So many moments I can't even imagine. So many I missed. What came to mind was knowing us, knowing us before we were in our mothers womb. The the song oh how He loves you and me...oh how He loves you and me He gave His life what more could he give? Oh, how He loves you Oh, how he loves me Oh, how he loves you and me

Thusiserve

Nov 8, 2022
Through His presence, His peace, His Word, His Spirit in guidance, inspiration and bringing His Word up in my mind. I have experienced Him through others who have outwardly affirmed or answered prayers and callings. I have experienced God in seeing people delivered from sins, suffering, heartache, disease, or in the suffering before death. I have experienced God in His creation through the awe of the night sky, the beauty of the sunrise and sunset, the expanse of the ocean, or the height of the mountain. I experience God when reflect on my children and the verses that come to mind about children and the Father. I experience God when I reflect on my monogamous heterogeneous marriage with my spouse as an example in application between Christ and the Church. I experience God when we say grace as it reminds me of Christ's sacrifice and my atonement. I experience God when His Spirit guides me in truth and wisdom.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016

~

One of the most intense ways I've experienced God is in the midst of deep suffering. I've had seasons where I felt like all life was depleted out of me and there was but a void inside of me, but as I humbled myself and prayed, and reached out to Him for help, He brought restoration to my broken heart and soul. He filled me with His love and gave me peace that surpasses understanding. He got me through traumatic experiences and put me back together as if nothing happened... Only God can do that.

There have been times in my life where I felt so utterly alone, so confused, and so in pain, but literally in a matter of seconds, ALL of that was lifted off of me, supernaturally. And boom: instant peace and comfort... Only Jesus can do that.

I've felt His tangible love, in ways that were overwhelming. A heavy blanket of glory and pure love, encompassing everything that's in me, leaving me unable to move, tears flowing out of me. A love that cannot be paralleled; it cannot be found in anyone else.

I've experienced God through divine appointments and divinely appointed messages.
I've experienced Him through divine warnings through dreams and through discernment.

I've experienced Him through answered prayers; through situations that seemed impossible. Through forgiveness where there was so much resentment and pain. Through healing where there was so much brokenness. Through deliverance where there was deep bondage. Through hope rising up in my heart where there was deep hopelessness. Through freedom where there was captivity. Through courage where there was fear...

I've experienced Him through His people - the love, the care, the light that they exude. The kindness and support. The compassion and mercy. The generosity and genuine love toward me. The light in their eyes. Their powerful prayers and worship, imbued by the Spirit of the God.

And of course, as others have mentioned - through nature and the wonderful, beautiful things that He has created. Especially the sky, the clouds, the moon and the stars... The ocean. The trees and the flowers. All the animals and how unbearably cute kittens are! God is such an amazing artist!

I've experienced Him through seeing people changed by His Spirit... Only God can truly change a human heart. Only He can give us a heart of flesh instead of a heart of stone. I've seen wicked hearts become convicted of sin and turn to the Lord for help. I've had my own wicked heart convicted of sin, and the Lord cleansed it and purified it and made it good... And He keeps refining it as I go.

~
Thanks for reading... It's good to reflect on these things! All praise and glory to our God! 🙌❤️‍🔥✨
It was in the midst of deep suffering where I experienced God the clearest. It took me to a place of complete surrender because when so much is out of our control, He was the only hope I had.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022

~

~
Thanks for sharing your experiences and for your kind words. As I was reading I was reminded of a friend who keeps a journal of impactful experiences he has had over the years with God. From time to time, he sits down and reads the entries and afresh praises God...much as you have.
It's good to remember just how near and present God is to His children.
Thanks again for sharing.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Not to many questions I read that really makes me think unless I am not taking to them to think about them :)

I like how you first said it "do you know God" and yet "experienced God" flows right with that. I don't want to share on that. What I think about is.. I am afraid I will have to wait till this life is over I pray not but to then see all the moments He made himself known. So many moments I can't even imagine. So many I missed. What came to mind was knowing us, knowing us before we were in our mothers womb. The the song oh how He loves you and me...oh how He loves you and me He gave His life what more could he give? Oh, how He loves you Oh, how he loves me Oh, how he loves you and me
I appreciate you taking the time to share your heart. It's good when God's people draw nigh to God because He always draws closer still.

Thou who art all desirable, be all desired by me.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
It was in the midst of deep suffering where I experienced God the clearest. It took me to a place of complete surrender because when so much is out of our control, He was the only hope I had.
I think it was C S Lewis who said...God whispers to us in our pleasure and shouts to us in our pain.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I think it was C S Lewis who said...God whispers to us in our pleasure and shouts to us in our pain.
You are correct. That was Lewis who would have known after experiencing much death in his life.

The pain took me to a place I didn't want to go but I had no choice. I was lost but God found me. He transformed me. And He only healed enough of me to remember who I depend on. Now I live with pain but I use the gifts He gave me to glorify Him with however long my presence remains.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
You are correct. That was Lewis who would have known after experiencing much death in his life.

The pain took me to a place I didn't want to go but I had no choice. I was lost but God found me. He transformed me. And He only healed enough of me to remember who I depend on. Now I live with pain but I use the gifts He gave me to glorify Him with however long my presence remains.
Amen. That you see the value in your pain to the nearness of God and the glory of His great name means you know that His grace is sufficient for you.
Your testimony is very encouraging.

P

pottersclay

Thank you for that witness brother....you just dont know what you have said to me here🤔❤❤

P

pottersclay

We might take a lesson from noah. Its not only reading and hearing scripture that brings us to the understanding of the Lord, but by doing and actually building that which is required.
James said: be a doer and not just a hearer. JESUS said love and obey his commandments.

How odd it must of been to build this huge ark (that couldnt be hidden from the sight of others) in a time when a midst rose rather than rain falling. And to preach of something that has never happened before but was sure to come.
And not only him but his sons helping...and it was not only for them but for those who beleived.
Alas in the foolishness of their intelect the animals were spared and the mockers meant there doom.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Amen. That you see the value in your pain to the nearness of God and the glory of His great name means you know that His grace is sufficient for you.
Your testimony is very encouraging.
That was actually the passage thought brought me out of years being stuck in grief. I felt I had died but He brought me from death to life spiritually and mentally.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
That was actually the passage thought brought me out of years being stuck in grief. I felt I had died but He brought me from death to life spiritually and mentally.
Amen. I found that just when I thought things couldn't get any worse I found a whole new bottom. Layer after layer was peeled away until I finally was on the Rock. Been uphill since then, and gloriously so.
It is said of God that He alone can humble a man without breaking him and exalt a man without flattering him.
To God be the glory.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Amen. I found that just when I thought things couldn't get any worse I found a whole new bottom. Layer after layer was peeled away until I finally was on the Rock. Been uphill since then, and gloriously so.
It is said of God that He alone can humble a man without breaking him and exalt a man without flattering him.
To God be the glory.
Have you ever read or watched the movie about Richard Wurmbrand?

He survived horrible torture by the Nazi's in WW2 for preaching the Bible.

He said that many in prison lost their minds. The Nazi's would have released them if they denounced Christ and tell them where more people were hiding. But many stayed and either died by disease, torture, or simply lost their minds.

He said something that brought me comfort knowing that I question my mental stability if ever to face persecution. He said those who lost their mind gave one if the ultimate sacrifice for Jesus. They gave their mind. The Bible talks very highly of the martyr which dying under great persecution almost seems like the easy part. Easy to die but very difficult to have grit and push forward through the suffering.

I in the grief of pain day dreamed a lot about the sweet release of death. I was never suicidal but the connection to this Earth diminished greatly under great pain.

I had tried to be so dang strong mentally like wearing a mask over what was broken. I tried to act physically strong even though every movement brought tears to the eyes but I dared not show it.

I fought this for years. Many doctors, many prescribed meds, all the self help advice and it was if I was trying to revive a dead corpse. I wrote in my journals I often felt like a zombie. Dead to feel all joy but alive to feel all the pain. It was hell. Anxiety and depression played their songs and my body was like a trance.

So many prayers for years went unanswered and God was silent.

But it all reached a point down in my testimony that God reached down during tremendous pain after work one night. A night that completely changed me. I saw purpose. I saw hope.

Later on I would finally see strength in areas I had never walked in before.

It is good to write this as this season I'm going through involves the same old back pain but has moved through out the whole back and the nerves often affect one leg or the other. I stay tired and weak all the time so easily prone to a pulled muscle or exhaustion. In fact, please pray for me. I want to get back involved with ministry but even the thought exhausts me. It seems I never run out of every to write but God has gifted me in areas of teaching, exhortation, and prophecy. These 3 mixed together if I'm benched for awhile, I start to go crazy with the calling bouncing off the walls in my mind. It doesn't leave me be. But I struggle greatly in the circumstances wrestling between calling, responsibility (wife, kids, job, health), and being content that this may all just be a season in preparation for ministry.

Anyways I hope you have a blessed day. Be thankful even in the smallest things because sometimes the smallest things are all we have left.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Have you ever read or watched the movie about Richard Wurmbrand?

He survived horrible torture by the Nazi's in WW2 for preaching the Bible.

He said that many in prison lost their minds. The Nazi's would have released them if they denounced Christ and tell them where more people were hiding. But many stayed and either died by disease, torture, or simply lost their minds.

He said something that brought me comfort knowing that I question my mental stability if ever to face persecution. He said those who lost their mind gave one if the ultimate sacrifice for Jesus. They gave their mind. The Bible talks very highly of the martyr which dying under great persecution almost seems like the easy part. Easy to die but very difficult to have grit and push forward through the suffering.

I in the grief of pain day dreamed a lot about the sweet release of death. I was never suicidal but the connection to this Earth diminished greatly under great pain.

I had tried to be so dang strong mentally like wearing a mask over what was broken. I tried to act physically strong even though every movement brought tears to the eyes but I dared not show it.

I fought this for years. Many doctors, many prescribed meds, all the self help advice and it was if I was trying to revive a dead corpse. I wrote in my journals I often felt like a zombie. Dead to feel all joy but alive to feel all the pain. It was hell. Anxiety and depression played their songs and my body was like a trance.

So many prayers for years went unanswered and God was silent.

But it all reached a point down in my testimony that God reached down during tremendous pain after work one night. A night that completely changed me. I saw purpose. I saw hope.

Later on I would finally see strength in areas I had never walked in before.

It is good to write this as this season I'm going through involves the same old back pain but has moved through out the whole back and the nerves often affect one leg or the other. I stay tired and weak all the time so easily prone to a pulled muscle or exhaustion. In fact, please pray for me. I want to get back involved with ministry but even the thought exhausts me. It seems I never run out of every to write but God has gifted me in areas of teaching, exhortation, and prophecy. These 3 mixed together if I'm benched for awhile, I start to go crazy with the calling bouncing off the walls in my mind. It doesn't leave me be. But I struggle greatly in the circumstances wrestling between calling, responsibility (wife, kids, job, health), and being content that this may all just be a season in preparation for ministry.

Anyways I hope you have a blessed day. Be thankful even in the smallest things because sometimes the smallest things are all we have left.
I truly appreciate all that you've shared. I haven't heard of the gentleman you mentioned but am familiar with Bonhoeffer and many other martyrs and saints.
I've found two books particularly helpful when the subject of suffering and hardship arise: Habakkuk and Job. I always suggest reading Habakkuk first because it is easier and in many ways Job picks up where Habakkuk leaves off.
I'll keep you in prayer and look forward to your future postings.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Peace in the midst of storm.
“Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:4-7‬ ‭KJV‬‬