Do You Know God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
All these encouraging verses is why the Book of Isaiah is so popular. And because you said it was famous, too.
I have a grand total of one from Habakkuk, also; would you like to see it? :unsure:

I've found two books particularly helpful when the subject of suffering and hardship arise: Habakkuk and Job. I always
suggest reading Habakkuk first because it is easier and in many ways Job picks up where Habakkuk leaves off.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
He should have read Isaiah...he would have gotten his answer.
Do you draw or just do electronic art? I may have previously asked so forgive my lapse in memory.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
He should have read Isaiah...he would have gotten his answer.
I understand that Habakkuk starts out like that but ends with praising God:D

Habakkuk’s Prayer

3:16 I heard and my heart pounded,
my lips quivered at the sound;
decay crept into my bones,
and my legs trembled.
Yet I will wait patiently for the day of calamity
to come on the nation invading us.
Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to tread on the heights.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Do you draw or just do electronic art? I may have previously asked so forgive my lapse in memory.
I drew and painted a fair bit when I was much younger, and when electives in high school were divided between business, music, and art, I chose the art route, and then went to college for a year to study design arts, where I was introduced to darkroom work, which cemented my love of photography, and I pursued a career in photo lab work. I started my first lab job on the day of my 21st birthday, which I always considered a gift from the Spirit of the Universe (I was not a believer then), as it was the only thing I knew I wanted to do. After a year and a half at that job, I left my home province for the west coast, and I immediately got a second job, where I was gainfully employed for about five years, until shortly after my boss had to sell 51% of his business. After that I got my 3rd lab job, where I worked for 38 years before turning 65, receiving my cancer diagnosis, and covid closures all happened around the same time three years ago (I was laid off). Digital came in during the early 2000s, and I was one of the main printers in that format at our lab, and learned a few remedial photoshop skills at that time, some of which were used in my work, though that sort of thing was normally done in a different department. I was mainly a colour colorrector and printer, which I am back doing since being recalled to work part-time last November :D God is good!!!

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I understand that Habakkuk starts out like that but ends with praising God:D

Habakkuk’s Prayer

3:16 I heard and my heart pounded,
my lips quivered at the sound;
decay crept into my bones,
and my legs trembled.
Yet I will wait patiently for the day of calamity
to come on the nation invading us.
Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to tread on the heights.
You are correct. I was just kidding. He was tremendously blessed to have God teach him directly.
The quick version of a sermon I heard on Habakkuk is that he went from questioning and complaining in chapter 1 to listening and learning in chapter 2 to praising and worshipping in chapter 3.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I drew and painted a fair bit when I was much younger, and when electives in high school were divided between business, music, and art, I chose the art route, and then went to college for a year to study design arts, where I was introduced to darkroom work, which cemented my love of photography, and I pursued a career in photo lab work. I started my first lab job on the day of my 21st birthday, which I always considered a gift from the Spirit of the Universe (I was not a believer then), as it was the only thing I knew I wanted to do. After a year and a half at that job, I left my home province for the west coast, and I immediately got a second job, where I was gainfully employed for about five years, until my boss had to sell 51% of his business. After that I got my 3rd lab job, where I worked for 38 years before turning 65, receiving my cancer diagnosis, and covid closures all happened around the same time three years ago. Digital came in during the early 2000s, and I was one of the main printers in that format at our lab, and learned a few remedial photoshop skills at that time, some of which were used in my work, though that sort of thing was normally done in a different department. I was mainly a colour colorrector and printer, which I am back doing since being recalled to work part-time last November :D God is good!!!
So...that's a very long yes. I asked because I have a picture in my head for a long time but can't find anyone to draw it. I would do it but there are no stick figures in the drawing.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
So...that's a very long yes. I asked because I have a picture in my head for a long time but
can't find anyone to draw it. I would do it but there are no stick figures in the drawing.
Ah! I did not realize it was a yes or no type of of question/answer :LOL:

Can you describe this picture in your head? :unsure:

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Ah! I did not realize it was a yes or no type of of question/answer :LOL:

Can you describe this picture in your head? :unsure:
Sure. There are 2 cliffs separated by a chasm. The cliff on the left is a bit lower. It has receding back from it a village that looks as though it were part of a war zone. Buildings are caved in and burnt. The vegetation is in various degrees of brokenness and disrepair. The streets are littered with debris of all sort. The colors are all black and grey and dark.
The other cliff ascends into a beautiful village full of beautiful homes and bright growing vegetation of every sort. The roads are golden and every color is vivid and bright.
Between the 2 cliff edges and connecting
them is a worn and bloodied cross.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I truly appreciate all that you've shared. I haven't heard of the gentleman you mentioned but am familiar with Bonhoeffer and many other martyrs and saints.
I've found two books particularly helpful when the subject of suffering and hardship arise: Habakkuk and Job. I always suggest reading Habakkuk first because it is easier and in many ways Job picks up where Habakkuk leaves off.
I'll keep you in prayer and look forward to your future postings.
Thank you!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Sure. There are 2 cliffs separated by a chasm. The cliff on the left is a bit lower. It has receding back from it
a village that looks as though it were part of a war zone. Buildings are caved in and burnt. The vegetation
is in various degrees of brokenness and disrepair. The streets are littered with debris of all sort. The colors
are all black and grey and dark. The other cliff ascends into a beautiful village full of beautiful homes and
bright growing vegetation of every sort. The roads are golden and every color is vivid and bright.
Between the 2 cliff edges and connecting them is a worn and bloodied cross.
Is this an image of your own personal journey, or perhaps the universal one of life before/life after surrendering at the cross of Christ?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Is this an image of your own personal journey, or perhaps the universal one of life before/life after surrendering at the cross of Christ?
I was just praying during a quiet time and it popped in my head.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Is this a drive by posting?
No, just a busy bee. :)

There's only one way to the Father, we all know this is through Jesus. But, do we understand just what happened that actually gave us that entrance? It took many years for me to put this all together, or maybe for the Lord to reveal this to me. You all may already understand this.

It's the action of circumcision of our hearts that God Himself does in us when we turn to the Lord in surrender. Our flesh is "cut off". And we are born anew. Jesus said we must be born again.

We may know we have changed when first saved, but we don't know know how. And when we do understand, we begin the walk of faith or walking it out in our life.

We become a spiritual being, moving in the power of Holy Spirit, and the Voice of Holy Spirit within.

All humanity, or all nations are fallen. And we are divided. But, with the fallen nature or flesh being cut off...we become one for we all are in Christ. That's our identity.

This is covenant, not a physical action of cutting of the flesh and working to obey commands; but a spiritual walk by the power of God.

This has given me excitement once again in the Lord as was for me in the beginning.

Hi Magenta...Sorry for the interruption. ;)

Good thread Cameron.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Good thread Cameron.
No apologies needed, SoF! Always lovely to see you and hear what you have to say :D

Deuteronomy 30:6~ The LORD your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love Him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live. :)

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
No, just a busy bee. :)

There's only one way to the Father, we all know this is through Jesus. But, do we understand just what happened that actually gave us that entrance? It took many years for me to put this all together, or maybe for the Lord to reveal this to me. You all may already understand this.

It's the action of circumcision of our hearts that God Himself does in us when we turn to the Lord in surrender. Our flesh is "cut off". And we are born anew. Jesus said we must be born again.

We may know we have changed when first saved, but we don't know know how. And when we do understand, we begin the walk of faith or walking it out in our life.

We become a spiritual being, moving in the power of Holy Spirit, and the Voice of Holy Spirit within.

All humanity, or all nations are fallen. And we are divided. But, with the fallen nature or flesh being cut off...we become one for we all are in Christ. That's our identity.

This is covenant, not a physical action of cutting of the flesh and working to obey commands; but a spiritual walk by the power of God.

This has given me excitement once again in the Lord as was for me in the beginning.

Good thread Cameron.
Thanks for your kind words. I enjoyed what you shared. Your post was so quick and short it took me by surprise.
I think we are to know about God, but we also should experience what we know about God with God. That really is life.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Thanks for your kind words. I enjoyed what you shared. Your post was so quick and short it took me by surprise.
I think we are to know about God, but we also should experience what we know about God with God. That really is life.
Yes! Everlasting life, past, present, future in Him. Because "it is finished". The power of the Cross and His blood!