Do you know why you are a protestant???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Surhope

Why you are not catholic?? or if you are a Catholic do you know what the other churches disagree??

A

atwhatcost

Yes. I do.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I am not a Catholic because God lead me to Christianity not Catholism

Dec 1, 2014
When my dad was a child, the custom was to give your tithes as you entered mass. My dad's family were poor hillbillies that basically ate hand to mouth and one day they didn't have any money for tithing but they went to mass anyway.

The priest stopped my dad and his siblings and asked where their money was and they told him they didn't have any. The priest threw them out and told them not to come back until they had money.

They joined the Presbyterian church the next day and never looked back. Thank God.

Jun 22, 2015
The RCC banned the Bible during the dark ages, and murdered anyone who tried to make copies of it. They also burned scientists at the stake during the Renaissance for saying that the sun and moon aren't made of silver and gold.

These are just 2 examples of the many evil things they've done throughout history.

"You will know them by their fruits." -Jesus Christ

Nov 14, 2012
When my dad was a child, the custom was to give your tithes as you entered mass. My dad's family were poor hillbillies that basically ate hand to mouth and one day they didn't have any money for tithing but they went to mass anyway.

The priest stopped my dad and his siblings and asked where their money was and they told him they didn't have any. The priest threw them out and told them not to come back until they had money.

They joined the Presbyterian church the next day and never looked back. Thank God.
I doubt very seriously that happened. How many Catholic hate tbreads are you people gonna make? I can take a hint!!!!! LATER

SolidGround

Jan 15, 2014
Most Protestants have nothing to protest, as they do not believe the RCC to be part of Christ's Church.
The only reason to "protest" is if you think they ARE part of the Church, who needs to be brought back to the fold.
The term is a dead term.

Are we to "protest" Islam and Judaism also?
If this is the case, then the only non-protestant Christians would be universalists.

May 3, 2013
I do!

I like to protest against the RCC´teachings (and against anything that looks Catholic).

S

Surhope

Then what if another priest apologize and invite you to go without giving tithes...??? would you go back??

S

Surhope

Most Protestants have nothing to protest, as they do not believe the RCC to be part of Christ's Church.
The only reason to "protest" is if you think they ARE part of the Church, who needs to be brought back to the fold.
The term is a dead term.

Are we to "protest" Islam and Judaism also?
If this is the case, then the only non-protestant Christians would be universalists.
What I know protestants it's a title given to non-Catholic Christians, that doesn't agree with many of the doctrines of the Catholic Church

SolidGround

Jan 15, 2014
What I know protestants it's a title given to non-Catholic Christians, that doesn't agree with many of the doctrines of the Catholic Church
But Eastern Orthodoxy, Coptics, and the Etheopian Church are never included in that number.
The application of the term,
and it's intended meaning,
are not the same.
Which is why I don't use the term in reference to modern Evangelicals.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I was studying about the Catholic faith when God saved me. I knew immediately that I needed to go to a Bible believing church, because Christ was the center of my faith, not the rites and rituals in the RCC.

I have since that time studied extensively about the Catholic Church and other religions. My grandmother was a born again Orthodox believer. So I also studied the differences between the RCC and the Orthodox church, particularly what caused the split between those two churches a thousand years ago.

Basically, the RCC (Roman Catholic Church) has a lot of extra-biblical doctrines, which are not in the Bible. This goes from Mary being sin free and assumed into heaven, transubstantiation, to salvation only coming from the church, and not knowing if you are good enough till after you die and spend time in purgatory. They also claim these extra-biblical doctrines were given to the RCC only.

Salvation is through Jesus Christ, not a church. A priest does not perform miracles in the mass. The first pope was from Alexandria in the 3rd century BC. That is the first time that the word "pope" was used. Rome then stole it and used it for their bishop.

Oh yes, I don't believe in man-made hierarchies. I just don't see it in the Bible. I could go on, if you want. I am sure some others will chime in.

Although I am totally against many of the doctrines of the RCC, I am not against the people.

SolidGround

Jan 15, 2014
As for why I am not a Catholic:
I hold the Word of God as being True.

F

flob

'Protestant' was a term given by Catholicism. For sure one should reject it. That term. The problem with both of them (as well as 'Orthodoxy') is that they were joined to the Government. Instead of rejecting that, cf 1 Cor 6:1, 4, 6; Jn 18:36, they tolerated it. Even in cases, built it

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I have to be a protestant...

because I can't look at all those funny hats in the vatican without giggling.

T

Tintin

I'm not Catholic because I'm a Luthercostal.

S

skylove7

Well I couldnt kiss the popes ring.
I dunno where that ring fingers been
Shoo...maybe dipped in a jar of Cheez Whiz 5 minutes prior
Just sayin :(

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I have to be protesting against something in order to be a protestant. I came to Christ outside the Catholic church, why arnt you rejoicing that someone found Christ?

Deal with it.