Do you listen to secular, Christian or both forms of music?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Shout out to Christian radio in your area... I have not listened to secular music since I have been saved and I thank G-d for my 2 local stations that play my christian music... 104 The River, (worship music)and my favorit 88.7 Radio U (everything, even my metal)....

I will always be in love with my 70's and 80's metal... fond memories....

Do you listen to secular, Christian or both forms of music?
Classical masses, classical music, and old hymns only. Dislike modern hymns. No pop music or rock or jazz....zero....none of that at all.

foolishone

Aug 13, 2017
A powerful testimony to the sad state our world is in is revealed in the Conway Twitty song "Who did They Think He Was"

When I Get Where I'm Going ....... Brad Pasley
Don't Laugh At Me ........ Mark Wills
Long Black Train ......... Josh Turner
If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away ,,,,,,,,, Justin Moore
Will The Circle Be Unbroken ........ Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Victory in Jesus ........ The Band Steele
How Great Thou Art ............ Carrie Underwood
One Wing in the Fire ............ Trent Tomlinson
That's My Job ......... Conway Twitty
In The Arms of an Angel ......... Sarah McLachlan
Lead Me Home ........... Jamey Johnson
Phone in Heaven ...... Mike Manuel
Beulah Land .......... Jamey Johnson
I Can't Even Walk ........... Cody Johnson
Grandpa (Tell Me 'Bout the Good Old Days) ........ The Judds
Down To The River To Pray ,........ Alison Krauss
Mama and Jesus ......... Mike Manuel
My new favorite

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Great song............thanks

:)

Oct 13, 2018
Both, definitely more secular but I do have some worship music I adore

KD

Nov 20, 2018
I listen to both, but I'm trying to stop listening to secular music because the genre I like and listen to is uhhhh 😷😷 Trap and Rap, I try to stop listening to them because of how vulgar the lyrics are but... The beats are sooooooooooo goooooooood 😍😅 the beats are just something else
I can relate to this. I’m an 80s baby but my teens were in the 90s. Grew up listening to a lot of Rap/Hip Hop. Check out The Ambassador and Flame. Both have strong production and are all Christ centered. Lecrae is nice too. He tows the line of secular a bit but as I’ve learned redemption is immediate and sanctification is a process.

I still listen to secular(country, rock, a limited amount of top 40 and some rap still too, more of the conscience variety.) in and Christian/gospel as well. My folks were all about southern rock and classic rock. So, I have some great memories listening to these genres. My grandparents were all about country which I didn’t appreciate as a child but my wife changed my point of view so I really enjoy good country, not bro country tho.

For meditation I really like Spanish guitar and Native American flutes

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I despise secular music for the most part, meaning modern pop music, basically anything on the radio. Classical only for me after old time hymns. I do not even like modern hymns.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
A great rendition of How Great Thou Art

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Yes, my bad... oops...

But thank all of you for your post in spite of my human error...

LOVE the POST!
What are you apologizing for? That comment was to the OP, which isn't you. I fact this is your first post in this thread. Methinks you're a little lost.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
What are you apologizing for? That comment was to the OP, which isn't you. I fact this is your first post in this thread. Methinks you're a little lost.
Thank you... Lol... Just trying to be nice... you know this place (site) is a lot like the world.... "dammed" if you do "dammed" if you don't....lol... by someone... just trying to cover all sides...lol...