Do you long for being heard? Hear Jesus’ voice. Otherwise, it’s better to shut up (Part 1).

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
Do you long for being heard? Hear Jesus’ voice. Otherwise, it’s better to shut up (Part 1).

On the one hand, the Holy Scripture says:

• Pro 17:28 -> “Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.”.

Amos was one who, certainly, followed this advice. Nonetheless, something marvelous came about:

• Amo 7:14,15 -> “Then Amos answered and said to Amaziah, “I was no prophet, nor a prophet's son, but I was a herdsman and a dresser of sycamore figs. But the LORD took me from following the flock, and the LORD said to me, ‘Go, prophesy to my people Israel.’

And when the Creator speaks with somebody, the person can’t hide or hold themselves (see Mat 5:14-16; Luke 8:47):

• Jer 20:9 -> “If I say, “I will not mention him, or speak any more in his name,” there is in my heart as it were a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I am weary with holding it in, and I cannot.”.

We need to learn to rest and bide in Jesus until He utter His word for us. Our trend is to think that Jesus won’t speak with us. Well, if we don’t really yearn for His truth, if He isn’t our UNIQUE Lord and Savior, certainly He won’t talk to us, specially because we wouldn’t give hears to His instructions.

Nonetheless, or we get disposition to abide by what He want for us or it’s better to keep silent, without doing anything. After all, without Christ, as the Holy Scripture says:

• Joh 15:5 -> “I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.”.
• Rom 3:12 -> “All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.”.

As we can see, without Christ, we can’t do anything good. We are outright useless.

So, have a good day hearing Jesus’ voice and, thus, making difference wherever you go with Jesus’ words in your mouth.

Bellaseara

Feb 8, 2022
:censored: I mean this felt very targeted to me. lol Great encouragement thou !