Do you need someone? Adopt one who you think or will!

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

secularhermit

Banned
May 3, 2013
8,719
75
0
Severa years back I was travelling with an old man who gave me a lift. As often, I started to chat and we reached to the point where he told me several things about his dad, the one he missed most, and cried and shed his tears...
Do you need a dad? Adopt one who will love you to.

Love is a decision.

Some of us need GOD personally. I wish I can hear His voice directly or personally but, until now, that is not the normal way I listen to Him, though I have heard His wisperings words, but I´m more visceral (each swims as he knows or can).

By the days I came here to CC I missed my uncle, so I "adopted" my uncle Jack and he has been one of those blessings i haven´t mentioned, until now (since I thank him for being so: "I´m thankful you accepted me as your Antonico. I thank you for allowing me to be part of you, uncle. May the Almigty repays you in whatever thing you need more.")

Loving a person doesn´t need to know everything about her or about him...

These last months my daughter came to spend her vacations with my mom. I don´t like her, but she is my mom and she wanted to take care of Joy, particularly to introduce her to her siblings in a distante state south Venezuela, so she took Joy a whole month with her and I agreed Joy needed to know my brothers´ children because, any day, we will pass by, and these are part of the blood, and I know the blood is not the source of love, but GOD.

When I came back to Caracas, last week, Joy informed me she also had another mother (not my mother) but my brother´s midwife: Joy now has 3 mothers, according to my records. Ja! Ja! :) (Now I´m not jealous she also has another dad, however I felt that zeal, years ago).

No one knows how to be the dad or mom everybody likes.

If you digged the hitory of your loved ones, you will know it for sure. Some had model parents, others do not (such is life).

I was raised by my father´s mother. I don´t know, completelly, that "love" story, but I was the 3rd child my mom left behind to keep on... Do you know the way you are as a parent would affect each person, in their marriage and in whom they would choose to love as a team mate?

Some people think they are the only ones who have a story of abandonement. I had a grandmother as a mother, one of my aunts was also the figure of my mother and my dad seldom gave me the attention I often wanted and, when I was older, more than a teenager, it was the time when we became friends and shared more, but I wanted him to be there in times I needed him to be near (I´m not blaming or complaning: I´m just telling we are not the only one who felt hurt or left for struggles and stupid hindering things).

Family, as it would be when you grow old, is learned in childhood. That reference was also learned by your parents and, if the ALSO LACKED IT, don´t expect them to be perfect for you, because they probably lacked a perfect family also (grow with it, and love by your will and heart´s decision).

Bond and affecions help to build part of a family. Some of us feel the need to be loved and the moment several are loved, some others feel they are left ignored or abandoned... I could tell you I felt very jealous when Josh decided to share his feelings with one of those "husbands" my ex-wife had. I wasn´t too happy he chose to like or love another "dad" rather than me, but I cannot control people´s decisions or choices (even mine! Sometimes!) Ha! Ha!

I love you!

That´s why I told you, little one.