Do you need to deal with sin?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KBond

Senior Member
Jun 5, 2013
662
21
18
​

1John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

Avoidance and justification are common responses to sin. Do you avoid dealing with sin by using one of the following justification?

1. Compare self to others, ie. “I am more moral than others.”
2. Assume a special relationship with God, ie. “God understands me and my weakness.”
3. Minimize sin. “My sins aren’t that bad!”

By His very nature, God hates sin and always does what is right. To do right, you must be obedient! Instead of denying the sins you have committed, try confessing them. Need something to jog your memory? Here is a nice long list: A Bible study on Sin (Part-6A).

You are a wonderful and unique human that God created because He wants to shower you with love. I am not pointing out sin to make you feel bad. In fact, sin confession makes you feel clean as long as you have accepted Christ as your Savior and trusted Him for the forgiveness of sin. God wants you!

Draw near to Him in confession right now. God bless!
 
1John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

Just a question: Who am I to confess? He knows who I am. When I repent and turn away to those sins, is it confessing a way to help other turn away from they sins?

When I was Catholic, I was asked to go to a priest (another man) and they said I was forgiven and, as penalty, I was asked to "pray" (repeat) those words I never believed and, after doing it, I started to do the same, it is SINNING.

Guilt was not part of me. I´m forgiven now (otherwise GOD shows me I am not, in the furete or near future).

Jesus says in the Gospel those who BELIEVE IN HIM will not be judgeg and passsed death to be alive... We know there are more things in this believing (like obedience and acting according to God´s will, imitating Jesus character).

There avoidance and justification comes in...

Thanks Mrs Bond.
 
That's good to bring up. Logically, it doesn't make sense to confess our sins to God since God knows our hearts and every move we make.

But we don't depend on logic, we depend on God's Word. Some reasons to confess include:
1. Jesus called us to confess our sins, so as an act of obedience everyone should confess.
2. Confession is a step to repentance.
3. Confession brings humility.