Do you observe the Sabbath?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 28, 2022
that modern Christians
Well that might be "modern Christians", according to yourself (I still haven't been able to find that in the Bible (KJB)), but what about the real historical Christians that we read of in Acts, and throughout history before 'modernity'?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I am a Bible Christian, so my directives and instruction come from it.

Where can I find the phrase "the jewish Sabbath" in the Bible (KJB), please?
because the Sabbath was a command for Israel only, thus it is jewish

and the 1611 version has no special authority or knowledge.

Mar 4, 2020
play all the games you want, it does not change the fact that modern Christians are not required to keep the jewish Sabbath.

i am not going to belittle God's Word by playing a " gottcha" game.

trust and faith in Christ is all that is required to be saved.
Seems the Catholic Church changed it to Sunday and most people just follow after that. Protestants adhere to a lot of Catholic traditions and doctrines without even realizing it. It’s rife on this forum.

I did, too, for a long time. It’s definitely been a growing process learning and detangling the mess of doctrine that the church has adopted.

My heart goes out to all of the people who were deceived, especially those who don’t know it, and resisted the help people offered for a long time, like me.

Looking back on it, I need to learn from how became deceived. Mostly through ignorance and blindness; never again!

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
so, all the reports of Christians meeting " before dawn on the first day of the week" in the late first century and into the second by roman records were made by the catholic church that did not exist at that time??

and yes, i know they banned Sabbath keeping, and that was wrong. should have never been done.

but, that does not change the fact that gentiles never were and are not under the Law and were never commanded to keep it.

Mar 4, 2020
so, all the reports of Christians meeting " before dawn on the first day of the week" in the late first century and into the second by roman records were made by the catholic church that did not exist at that time??

and yes, i know they banned Sabbath keeping, and that was wrong. should have never been done.

but, that does not change the fact that gentiles never were and are not under the Law and were never commanded to keep it.
You mean all of the two examples of Christians meeting in the first day of the week to donate money to Jerusalem or to share a meal? Thats descriptive rather than prescriptive.

The Sabbath is prescriptive.

As far as the law goes, I think the 10 commandments specifically still apply. There’s good precedent for this and they are prescribed in various places in the NT to Gentile Christians.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
You mean all of the two examples of Christians meeting in the first day of the week to donate money to Jerusalem or to share a meal? Thats descriptive rather than prescriptive.

The Sabbath is prescriptive.

As far as the law goes, I think the 10 commandments specifically still apply. There’s good precedent for this and they are prescribed in various places in the NT to Gentile Christians.
i am speaking of roman ruler pliny the younger , early Christian historian justin martyr, clement of alexandria , before 200 a d, all wrote that Christians met on sunday.
they called it the 8th day.

Mar 4, 2020
i am speaking of roman ruler pliny the younger , early Christian historian justin martyr, clement of alexandria , before 200 a d, all wrote that Christians met on sunday.
Why did they meet on the first day of the week? Were they gathering a collection of money to send to Jerusalem and share a meal? If not, they didn't follow the Biblical example.

Oct 28, 2022
because the Sabbath was a command for Israel only, thus it is jewish

and the 1611 version has no special authority or knowledge.
Hebrew, Israel and Jew are distinct terms. For instance, Moses was an Hebrew Israeilte of Levi, not Judah.

The sabbath command is not for "Israel" only. It was from the beginning, as Jesus said, "made for [the] man":

Mar 2:27 και ελεγεν αυτοις το σαββατον δια τον ανθρωπον εγενετο ουχ ο ανθρωπος δια το σαββατον

Gen 1:27 καὶ ἐποίησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν ἄνθρωπον, κατ᾿ εἰκόνα θεοῦ ἐποίησεν αὐτόν, ἄρσεν καὶ θῆλυ ἐποίησεν αὐτούς.

Moreover, Jesus is the real Israel, and the real Adam, for whom the Sabbath was made for.

Who Was The Sabbath Really Made For - Jesus.png

The Real Israel - Jesus.png

Oct 28, 2022
Pliny the Younger, does not say 'first day of the week', neither '8th day'.

Here is what Pliny the Younger, states:

"... They stated that the sum of their guilt or error amounted to this, that they used to gather on a stated day before dawn and sing to Christ as if he were a god, and that they took an oath not to involve themselves in villainy, but rather to commit no theft, no fraud, no adultery; not to break faith, nor to deny money placed with them in trust. Once these things were done, it was their custom to part and return later to eat a meal together, innocently, although they stopped this after my edict, in which I, following your mandate, forbade all secret societies. ..." - [Pliny The Younger; Epistulae, Volume X, Number 96 [English]] - http://www.tyrannus.com/pliny_let.html
"... Adfirmabant autem hanc fuisse summam vel culpae suae vel erroris, quod essent soliti stato die ante lucem convenire carmenque Christo quasi deo dicere secum invicem seque sacramento non in scelus aliquod obstringere, sed ne furta, ne latrocinia, ne adulteria committerent, ne fidem fallerent, ne depositum appellati abnegarent; quibus peractis, morem sibi discedendi fuisse rursusque coeundi ad capiendum cibum, promiscuum tamen et innoxium; quod ipsum facere desisse post edictum meum, quo secundum mandata tua hetaerias esse vetueram. ..." [Pliny The Younger; Epistulae, Volume X, Number 96 [Latin]] - http://www.tyrannus.com/pliny_let.html

The "day" is not specifically given, nor specifically enumerated, and definitely doesn't say 'first day of the week', or '8th day' in English or Latin.

In the book of Acts, the discples would gather on sabbath (13:14,27,42,44, 15:21, 16:13, 17:2, 18:4), hundreds of times.

Luke specifically records the word ”sabbath” (the 7th day) 27 times (actually 29 times, with the koine Greek of Luke 24:1; Act 20:7 considered); Luke 4:16,31, 6:1,2,5,6,7,9, 13:10,14(x2),15,16, 14:1,3,5, 23:54,56; Acts 1:12, 13:14,27,42,44, 15:21, 16:31, 17:2, (3 consecutive sabbaths) 18:4 (“every sabbath”; also vs 11, a “year and six months”, which is 52 weeks + 26 weeks, being 78 consecutive sabbaths met together on by both Jew and Gentile with the Apostle Paul and others, and in Acts 18:23, “he had spent some time there” (several sabbaths); in Act 19:8, “for the space of three months” (12 sabbaths); in Acts 19:10, “continued by the space of two years” (104 sabbaths), “in Acts 19:22, “for a season” (several sabbaths), in Acts 20:3, “three months” (12 sabbaths), and in Acts 20:18,31, “all seasons, ”a space of three years” (156 sabbaths)).

Hebrews 4 (vs 9) also states the same, as does Revelation 1:10. More on those as needful.

The day begins with the "evening" in scripture:

[A.] Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.​
[B.] Lev_23:32 It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.​
[C.] Mar_1:32 And at even, when the sun did set, they brought unto him all that were diseased, and them that were possessed with devils.​
[D.] Psa 104:19 He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.​
Psa 104:20 Thou makest darkness, and it is night: wherein all the beasts of the forest do creep forth.​
Psa 104:21 The young lions roar after their prey, and seek their meat from God.​
Psa 104:22 The sun ariseth, they gather themselves together, and lay them down in their dens.​
Psa 104:23 Man goeth forth unto his work and to his labour until the evening.​
Psa 104:24 O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.​

Thus the disciples would eat, pray, and follow that by sleeping through the night, and awake before sunrise, as Jesus would (Joshua 3:1 (type); Mark 1:35), gather just before sunrise on Sabbath "morning" to worship their LORD, as He did (His Father), as given in "example" (1 Pet. 2:21).

Jos 3:1 And Joshua rose early in the morning; and they removed from Shittim, and came to Jordan, he and all the children of Israel, and lodged there before they passed over.​
Mar 1:35 And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he [Jesus] went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.​
1Pe_2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:​
There is no just before sunrise weekly meeting of disciples in the NT on the first day of the week. Even in Acts 20, Paul was up all night long, after sabbath was over, even until "midnight" (Acts 20:7) with a specific church of Christians in Troas, to 'confim' the church (as in Acts 15:41) as he had for the others as he travelled towards Rome. After the specical event with Eutychus, Paul continued his farwell with them until sunrise ("break of day") and left, for a 19 mile or so trip by foot to Assos. There is no repeat of this one time farewell event. It was not a weekly event, and there is no indication in English or koine Greek that it was so. The only weekly event in Acts 20, is the sabbath (vs 7), which occurs every seventh day, which is why Paul waited "seven days" (Acts 20:6) so he could keep sabbath with them, and would leave the following morning.

Thus, Pliny's "stated day before sunrise" is the Sabbath, the seventh day of the week (the pattern of Genesis to Revelation, and especially Acts), not the first day of the week (as there is no weekly pattern of followers of God meeting weekly on this first day of the week).

Oct 28, 2022
Oct 28, 2022

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Scripture says that there is no Righteousness in following the Law:
True there no righteousness to be gained by following the law.
There is no justification in following the law. Or salvation.

We are sinners and can't keep it perfectly, ... "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"

So do we make void the perfect law of righteousness, and not follow it because we know that we fail.

No we exercise faith in the perect righteousness of Jesus.
We don't make void the law through faith. We establish it.

Our motive is not to earn or pay for salvation but to reflect the image of Jesus.

Follow our Lord.

Noah could not save himself and God told him to build an boat.
Faith could have said I'll let God save me, God will provide and Noah could have really believed God will save us. But when the flood came Noah would have died if he didn't do the hard word of building the boat.
God wants us to exercise faith.

Ted01

May 14, 2022
True there no righteousness to be gained by following the law.
There is no justification in following the law. Or salvation.

We are sinners and can't keep it perfectly, ... "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"

So do we make void the perfect law of righteousness, and not follow it because we know that we fail.

No we exercise faith in the perect righteousness of Jesus.
We don't make void the law through faith. We establish it.

Our motive is not to earn or pay for salvation but to reflect the image of Jesus.

Follow our Lord.

Noah could not save himself and God told him to build an boat.
Faith could have said I'll let God save me, God will provide and Noah could have really believed God will save us. But when the flood came Noah would have died if he didn't do the hard word of building the boat.
God wants us to exercise faith.
While I agree with your sentiment, I need to point out that we don't "make void" the Law by any means.
God has written it on our hearts.

The thing is, we are no longer trying to keep written laws by our strength, as that is impossible. God is conforming us or sanctifying us through His Holy Spirit, into the image of His Son. And we learn to love Him, as Jesus commanded us, again by His power... it's Him working in us. Therefore, we "rest" in the fact that Christ is work in us to will and do His good pleasure. We have no need of rules and regulations because we are being guided by God Himself, if we are indeed of God.

As GotQuestions.org puts it:

"Christ became the end of the Law by virtue of what He did on earth through His sinless life and His sacrifice on the cross. So, the Law no longer has any bearing over us because its demands have been fully met in the Lord Jesus Christ. Faith in Christ who satisfied the righteous demands of the Law restores us into a pleasing relationship with God and keeps us there. No longer under the penalty of the Law, we now live under the law of grace in the love of God."

Oct 28, 2022
We are sinners and can't keep it perfectly,
I disagree, based upon:

Php_4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.​
Mat_1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.​
Jud_1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,​
Rom_5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​
Eph_5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.​
1Pe_2:25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.​
Rev_14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.​
Rev_21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.​

Oct 28, 2022
the Law by any means.
God has written it on our hearts.
QUESTION: DOESN’T 2 CORINTHIANS 3 TEACH THAT THE TEN COMMANDMENTS ARE THE MINISTRATION OF DEATH AND ARE “DONE AWAY”?

No. Again, read carefully:

2Co 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

Regarding 2 Corinthians 3:1-18, nowhere does the passage state that the Ten Commandments are the Old Covenant. Many simply assume, by a priori, that position, but no text is given to substantiate that the Ten Commandments are the Old Covenant. They will rightly link the Ten Commandments as they were written upon stone, as the ministration of death, but fail to see the opposite corollary, in that the Ten Commandments written upon the two fleshy tables of the heart, is the ministration of life and greater glory, thus seen reflected in the Christian's face, as it was in Christ's face. The “ministration” (how it was carried out in the life) needed to change. Not merely external laws written on stone tables, but internal and experienced laws written upon the heart. The Law remained the same. The ministration (how they are carried out, and seen) changes.

The law of God (The Ten Commandments, God's eternal covenant) merely written upon external cold stone tables, as duties to perform, based upon Israel after the flesh's old covenant agreement with God (Exo. 19) could never bring the change necessary to obey God in them fully. However, those same laws, as promises, in the New Covenant, written and sealed in the heart by the Holy Ghost would bring about the required change, even unto perfect obedience (Rev. 12:27, 14:1-12). Consider:

Two Glories in 2 Corinthians 3:7
[1] The glory of the Law of God, the Ten Commandments

“glory”, “that which remaineth”; 2 Corinthians 3:11; 2 Corinthians 4:4-6​

[2] The glory of Moses’ face, as reflecting the Law of God, the Ten Commandments on Two Tables of Stone (administration, ministration)

The “glory” as seen reflected in Moses’ “face”, “done away”; 2 Corinthians 3:7 (the koine Greek is clear), “abolished”; 2 Corinthians 3:13​

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.​
2Co 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:​
2Co 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?​
2Co 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.​
2Co 3:10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.​
2Co 3:11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.​
2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.​
2Co 4:5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.​
2Co 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.​

2 Corinthians 3-4; The Law of God – The Ten Commandments; 2 Ministrations (Change of one to the other), Same Law (Never Changes)

Old Testament – Old (temporary) Covenant; Exodus 19:8
New Testament – New (Everlasting, Eternal) Covenant;
Mal. 2:5; Jer. 31:31-34; Heb. 8:8-13, 10:16

The Letter (externally written by Holy Ghost (finger of God)) (ministration)
The Spirit (internally written by Holy Ghost (finger of God)) (ministration)

Killeth (death)
Giveth Life (life)

Engraven in stones
Written in our hearts

Two Tables of Stone (external)
Two fleshy Tables of the Heart (two hemi-spheres of brain/mind) (internal)

Moses’ face glorious (fallen short of perfect example of obedience)
Jesus’ face glorious (perfect example of obedience) (Exo. 33:12-23, 34:1-9, 20:5-7)

“glory” - “done away”
“glory” - “remaineth”

Abolished; 2 Corinthians 3:13
Established; Romans 3:31

Mediator - Moses
Mediator – Jesus (better)

“promises” (people, faulty), “we will”
“promises” (God, perfect), “I will”

Mt. Sinai – Horeb on earth (location)
Mt. Zion in Heaven (location)

Lack of faith (doubt) in God
Faith (trust) in God, of Jesus, & Victory

Shed Blood of bulls and goats, calves, sheep, oxen
Shed Blood of Jesus

Sacrifice of clean animals
Sacrifice of the Son of God, His perfect Life

Golden Ark of the Covenant made by Moses
Golden (faith & love) Ark of the Heart made by God; Psalms 40:8

Levitical (Aaronic) priesthood (lesser, temporary)
Melchizedical (Jesus) priesthood (greater, eternal)

Bondage, slavery
Liberty, freedom

Works of the law (sacrifices, etc)
Faith which works

Works for righteousness
Grace through faith unto good works, accounted and made righteous

THAT WHICH STAYS THE SAME IN BOTH MINISTRATIONS

God (the Father); JEHOVAH, the Ancient of Days

Jesus (JEHOVAH), the Son of Man

The Holy Ghost/Spirit

Law of God – The Ten Commandments

Angels being present

The Sabbath of the LORD – the 7th Day – The Lord’s Day (Isaiah 58:13; Revelation 1:10), Sign of God’s eternal love; Isaiah 56:1,8; John 10:16; Isaiah 56:2-7. Creation - Redemption​

See Study 10: https://archive.org/details/study-1...ay-why-is-there-so-much-confusion-and-disagre

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
I disagree, based upon:

Php_4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.​
Mat_1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.​
Jud_1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,​
Rom_5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​
Eph_5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.​
1Pe_2:25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.​
Rev_14:5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.​
Rev_21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.​
Can we keep it ourselves? No
Can we keep it through the Spirit in us? Yes.

I was talking about keeping the law in our own strength.
And if you manage to obey it in any way.....
Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him:...

Ted01

May 14, 2022
QUESTION: DOESN’T 2 CORINTHIANS 3 TEACH THAT THE TEN COMMANDMENTS ARE THE MINISTRATION OF DEATH AND ARE “DONE AWAY”?

No. Again, read carefully:

2Co 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

Regarding 2 Corinthians 3:1-18, nowhere does the passage state that the Ten Commandments are the Old Covenant. Many simply assume, by a priori, that position, but no text is given to substantiate that the Ten Commandments are the Old Covenant. They will rightly link the Ten Commandments as they were written upon stone, as the ministration of death, but fail to see the opposite corollary, in that the Ten Commandments written upon the two fleshy tables of the heart, is the ministration of life and greater glory, thus seen reflected in the Christian's face, as it was in Christ's face. The “ministration” (how it was carried out in the life) needed to change. Not merely external laws written on stone tables, but internal and experienced laws written upon the heart. The Law remained the same. The ministration (how they are carried out, and seen) changes.

The law of God (The Ten Commandments, God's eternal covenant) merely written upon external cold stone tables, as duties to perform, based upon Israel after the flesh's old covenant agreement with God (Exo. 19) could never bring the change necessary to obey God in them fully. However, those same laws, as promises, in the New Covenant, written and sealed in the heart by the Holy Ghost would bring about the required change, even unto perfect obedience (Rev. 12:27, 14:1-12). Consider:

Two Glories in 2 Corinthians 3:7
[1] The glory of the Law of God, the Ten Commandments

“glory”, “that which remaineth”; 2 Corinthians 3:11; 2 Corinthians 4:4-6​

[2] The glory of Moses’ face, as reflecting the Law of God, the Ten Commandments on Two Tables of Stone (administration, ministration)

The “glory” as seen reflected in Moses’ “face”, “done away”; 2 Corinthians 3:7 (the koine Greek is clear), “abolished”; 2 Corinthians 3:13​

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.​
2Co 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:​
2Co 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?​
2Co 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.​
2Co 3:10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.​
2Co 3:11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.​
2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.​
2Co 4:5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.​
2Co 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.​

2 Corinthians 3-4; The Law of God – The Ten Commandments; 2 Ministrations (Change of one to the other), Same Law (Never Changes)

Old Testament – Old (temporary) Covenant; Exodus 19:8
New Testament – New (Everlasting, Eternal) Covenant;
Mal. 2:5; Jer. 31:31-34; Heb. 8:8-13, 10:16

The Letter (externally written by Holy Ghost (finger of God)) (ministration)
The Spirit (internally written by Holy Ghost (finger of God)) (ministration)

Killeth (death)
Giveth Life (life)

Engraven in stones
Written in our hearts

Two Tables of Stone (external)
Two fleshy Tables of the Heart (two hemi-spheres of brain/mind) (internal)

Moses’ face glorious (fallen short of perfect example of obedience)
Jesus’ face glorious (perfect example of obedience) (Exo. 33:12-23, 34:1-9, 20:5-7)

“glory” - “done away”
“glory” - “remaineth”

Abolished; 2 Corinthians 3:13
Established; Romans 3:31

Mediator - Moses
Mediator – Jesus (better)

“promises” (people, faulty), “we will”
“promises” (God, perfect), “I will”

Mt. Sinai – Horeb on earth (location)
Mt. Zion in Heaven (location)

Lack of faith (doubt) in God
Faith (trust) in God, of Jesus, & Victory

Shed Blood of bulls and goats, calves, sheep, oxen
Shed Blood of Jesus

Sacrifice of clean animals
Sacrifice of the Son of God, His perfect Life

Golden Ark of the Covenant made by Moses
Golden (faith & love) Ark of the Heart made by God; Psalms 40:8

Levitical (Aaronic) priesthood (lesser, temporary)
Melchizedical (Jesus) priesthood (greater, eternal)

Bondage, slavery
Liberty, freedom

Works of the law (sacrifices, etc)
Faith which works

Works for righteousness
Grace through faith unto good works, accounted and made righteous

THAT WHICH STAYS THE SAME IN BOTH MINISTRATIONS

God (the Father); JEHOVAH, the Ancient of Days

Jesus (JEHOVAH), the Son of Man

The Holy Ghost/Spirit

Law of God – The Ten Commandments

Angels being present

The Sabbath of the LORD – the 7th Day – The Lord’s Day (Isaiah 58:13; Revelation 1:10), Sign of God’s eternal love; Isaiah 56:1,8; John 10:16; Isaiah 56:2-7. Creation - Redemption​

See Study 10: https://archive.org/details/study-1...ay-why-is-there-so-much-confusion-and-disagre
Well, I'd I agree with you if I thought you were right... but I don't.

Your premise that the 10 Commandments aren't part of the Old Covenant, is incorrect. In fact, the 10 Commandments are called the stones or tablets of the Covenant.

Exo. 34:27 27 The Lord said to Moses, “Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.” 28 So he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did not eat bread, and he did not drink water. He wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

Deut. 4:13
So He declared to you His covenant which He commanded you to perform, that is, the Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on two tablets of stone.

Deut. 9:9-11
When I went up to the mountain to receive the tablets of stone, the tablets of the covenant which the Lord had made with you, then I remained on the mountain forty days and nights; I neither ate bread nor drank water. The Lord gave me the two tablets of stone written by the finger of God; and on them were all the words which the Lord had spoken with you at the mountain from the midst of the fire on the day of the assembly. It came about at the end of forty days and nights that the Lord gave me the two tablets of stone, the tablets of the covenant.

So, when we read in the New Testament, we can know without question that when the writers are saying that we are no longer under the law, they are including the 10 Commandments.

2 Corin. 3:3
being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

2 Corin. 3:7-8
7 Now if the ministry of death, carved in letters on stone, came with such glory that the Israelites could not gaze at Moses' face because of its glory, which was being brought to an end, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit have even more glory?

And it's to this end...

Eph. 2:
For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility 15 by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace,

Oct 28, 2022
Your premise that the 10 Commandments aren't part of the Old Covenant, is incorrect. In fact, the 10 Commandments are called the stones or tablets of the Covenant.
You read into those texts the word 'old' which is not present.

Read Exodus 19 carefully, and you will see two covenants spoken of there.

[1] The "covenant" of God (Ten Commandments), eternal, and existing before Exodus 19.

[2] The covenant agreement between God and the peoples Israel, with Moses as Mediator, which is the 'old' covenant.

Oct 28, 2022
Eph. 2:
For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility 15 by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace,
You do not understand Colossians 2, neither its connections to Ephesians 2, Hebrews 9-10, Ezekiel 45; Numbers 28-29.

https://ia804708.us.archive.org/26/...part-1/Colossians 2vs14-16 Nutshell Image.png