Resurrestion, the verse in Matthew, has got nothing to do with gender roles whatsoever.
GB
Phil
GB
Phil
I think Paul probably misspoke when he said women should submit to their husbands.
Resurrestion, the verse in Matthew, has got nothing to do with gender roles whatsoever.
GB
Phil
It has to do with justice. I believe it is unjust to force a woman to submit to her husband or prohibit her from being a pastor.
then you are saying the bible is not the truth.? and of course if Paul is not telling the truth, then neither was moses.
GB
Phil
No .
I believe the Bible is what it is. I would never think of doubting anything Jesus said in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, since he is our Lord. However, I think it makes sense to take what Paul says with a grain of salt, like I take what my pastor says with a grain of salt. I respect my pastor but I don’t automatically believe everything he says. Paul was a great missionary, but I think it’s possible he misspoke occasionally.
Genesis 3: 16 To the woman he said, "I will greatly increase your pangs in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you."
Resurrection33 says one thing, God says another. Whom shall we believe?
Ephesians 5: 23 For the husband is the head of the wife just as Christ is the head of the church, the body of which he is the Savior.
Resurrection33 says one thing, Paul says another. Whom shall we believe?
1 Corinthians 11: 3 But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the husband is the head of his wife, and God is the head of Christ.
Once again, resurrection33 says one thing, Paul says another. Whom shall we believe?
A family is not a democracy. Someone must have the final say, else there is chaos. Our God is a god of order. This does not mean that the husband is a dictator.
1 Peter 3: 7 Husbands, in the same way, show consideration for your wives in your life together, paying honor to the woman as the weaker sex, since they too are also heirs of the gracious gift of life—so that nothing may hinder your prayers.
In Genesis, God was prophesying that husbands would rule over women. He wasn’t ordering them to do so, I don’t think. In fact, I don’t think he wanted them to, but he knew they would, anyway.
As for Paul’s remarks, I think it was probably wrong of Paul to demand that women submit to their husbands.
resurrection33, should we take what God says with a grain of salt also?
If you make a concerted study of Paul's writings, you find that he makes it plain whenever he is speaking on his own behalf, and not for the Lord. He will say for example, "To the rest I say this, I, not the Lord) 1 Cor. 7:12. Paul's writings are inspired, and not to be taken with a grain of salt.
resurrection33, should we take what God says with a grain of salt also?
I find it hard to belive that you say in one breath your a Christian and then in the other say you insult the Holy Spirit by denying His work in Scripture resurrection?
GB
Phil
I think all of Paul’s writings can be taken with a grain of salt. He was a human like you and me.
I think we should believe everything Jesus tells us in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Jesus is the Lord.
No. For openers, the teachings of Jesus, found in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are indisputable, I believe, because these are the teachings of Jesus, our Lord.So the whole Bible must be taken with a grain of salt? With the exception of the Ten Commandments all of the Bible was written by men.
Now following your logic how can we know that the human authors of the Gospels were telling the truth? However, i must thank you for revealing for me your thoughts towards Scripture. From the looks of it Scripture to you is only truth when it agrees with your views, and when it doesn't agree with your views it becomes a "mistake", "error", or "he misspoke".
Also i would ask you to look into your denominations history. They too prohibited female pastors until sometime in the 70s. Which if you remember right is when feminism was on the rise.
1Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 2Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
4Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
5But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
6For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
7For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
8For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
9Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
10For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels(1 Corinthians 11:1-10(1Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
2Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
4Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
5But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
6For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
7For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
8For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
9Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
10For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels(1 Corinthians 11:1-10).
The truth is God has to have an authority structure on earth so things will run smoothly.
The military,school system,government,and businesses,all have authority structures so things are done orderly without chaos.
God has an authority structure on earth so things will run decently and orderly.
God is the head of Christ,Christ is the head of man,and woman is the head of angels if she has uncut hair.
That is because angels are the last in the authority chain,and the saints will have a higher position in heaven than the angels,for they will have a glorified body like God's glorified body and rule on earth with Jesus which the angels will never have that privilege.
The Bible says the angels are ministering spirits to the saints,and the angels desire to look into the salvation of the saints.
The truth of the Bible is that men are supposed to have short hair for they are in the image of God,and women are to have uncut hair.
If a women cuts her hair it is the same as if she is shaven,and tries to get in the position of a man.
The Bible says that even nature testifies that it is a shame for men to have long hair.
Men are to have short hair and women are to have uncut hair according to the Bible.
A man is to have short hair for they are in the image of God.
Jesus came in the image of God,so Jesus would have short hair.
They portray Jesus with long hair but that is not true for Jesus would have short hair because He came in the image of God.
Jesus is from Nazareth but He is not a Nazarene like in the Old Testament where Samson had long hair,which passed away in the New Testament.
Samson could have the long hair in the Old Testament because he was not in the image of God not having the Spirit as we do today.
All men that are saints in the New Testament will have to have short hair for they are in the image of God.
Jesus had short hair.
If women cut their hair they lose their authority above the angels.
In heaven there is no distinction between men and women for they are the same,and man and woman are equal in the Lord.
The only thing that separates a men and woman is the flesh,the spirit and soul are the same.
The men lead the congregation of the Church for God wants things to run decently and smoothly without the fighting over who is in charge,but a woman is a help mate and can lead Bible studies and preach the Gospel of Christ and work around the Church.
Matt
I believe in justice. I do not think it is just to force women to submit to their husbands, or prohibit women from speaking in church. I think the Lord probably feels the same way.Resurrection, I think you're viewing the cultural norms society has established in the last 60 years as something which is unchangeable and then moulding your interpretation of the bible to fit those norms.
Do you think Jesus would be looking upon the modern era and saying wow, they finally got the gender roles rght within the church, and look at all the good it has done for them.