C
charisenexcelcis
Guest
I'm not sure that Greatkraw will appreciate the humor....well this is even funnier!!
I don't know greatkraw, yet the post sounded like something pastor Hagee would say.
Don't you think?
I'm not sure that Greatkraw will appreciate the humor....well this is even funnier!!
I don't know greatkraw, yet the post sounded like something pastor Hagee would say.
Don't you think?
Paul means that woman shouldn't gossip in church while the preachers speaking,thats all it is.Paul in the bible says women are to remain quiet in the church. Although I belong to a church that have female pastors, I think the original intent was for men to lead the congregation.
Paul means that woman shouldn't gossip in church while the preachers speaking,thats all it is.
there's nothing in the bible that condemns female ministers.Joyce meyer is a strong example of a warrior for Christ.
How is it "soft as" care to explain your reasoning?come on dude......thats soft as.......
Timothy 3 vs 11 - Women Must likewise be dignified,not malicious gossips,but temperate,faithful in all things.come on dude......thats soft as.......
Timothy 3 vs 11 - Women Must likewise be dignified,not malicious gossips,but temperate,faithful in all things.
Another thing you must realise is, Paul was writing a personal letter to timothy....
Stating his personal opinions as we see in 1 Timothy vs 12 - " I <----- see I... "I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man,but to remain silent.
Jesus never said that..... It's simply pauls preference.
He's not commanding us to do likewise.....
Timothy 3 vs 11 - Women Must likewise be dignified,not malicious gossips,but temperate,faithful in all things.
Another thing you must realise is, Paul was writing a personal letter to timothy....
Stating his personal opinions as we see in 1 Timothy vs 12 - " I" <----- see I... "I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man,but to remain silent"
Jesus never said that..... It's simply pauls preference.
He's not commanding us to do likewise....
Timothy 3 vs 11 - Women Must likewise be dignified,not malicious gossips,but temperate,faithful in all things.
Another thing you must realise is, Paul was writing a personal letter to timothy....
Stating his personal opinions as we see in 1 Timothy vs 12 - " I" <----- see I... "I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man,but to remain silent"
Jesus never said that..... It's simply pauls preference.
He's not commanding us to do likewise....
For I am the LORD, I change no. Malachi 3:6a
If it was in the early church, and it clearly says in I corinthians 14 that it is a command that women keep silent in the churches: and also that God don't change: so I guess that is something to think about.
I don't think that women were seen as inferior, at least in Jewish society. That may have been the case among the pagans. It's just that men and women were seen as having different, but distinct roles in the family and society. If you read scripture without the feminist bias that pervades our society, you will see that God has ordained specific roles for women and men in the family, and in church government. It is not wise to heed counsil that puts one at odds with God's will.
Is it possible that the blurring of traditional gender roles in the marriage is a major contributor to the 50% + divorce rate in western society?
back in the day, men on one side, women on the other: formula for disaster since:
women TALK! hahah. and talk and talk and talk (i know, i am one).
they talk and gossip and stuff, men less.
Paul said the woman should wait til she gets home with her husband to ask questions.
...........
that said, regarding the assembling for services, i don't believe women should be behind the pulpit, nor elders or deacons. and frankly, i wouldn't want to have to answer to the Lord as a pastor: that's the men's responsibility. Judgment begins at the house of God, we know. YIKES!
regarding DISCUSSIONS and informal assembly and missions:
Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Paul dealt with Priscilla as an equal. he was not ashamed to name her, and even at times to place her name before her husband's or singularly.
just my 2 pence worth
z
Putting limitations on women as preachers is not to put them down but to protect them. Feminists and alike always question Paul over this and prefer to skip over what he says. The man may have been a bachelor but God filled him with the Holy Spirit so if he says something that we as modern westerners dont like then we need to figure out why he wrote it and under what context and most importantly of all how does it apply to us. We cant take some laws - keep them and ignore the other stuff esp if its from the same writer such as Paul.
Paul frowned on women becomming elders not preachers. Women can be gifted to be brilliant teachers and we know that requires a bit of theological training and preaching. But being an elder is a headship position and is all to do with spiritual warfare. Paul was a huge authority on spiritual warfare and was proactive in instructing the church how to fight this power. A common thing with Satan is this: The bigger the impact you are doing for Gods kingdom the bigger the threat you are to him. Eldership is a huge honour but also a huge responsibility and encompasses many sacrifices and trials. God created man to be the head of his own family because he was made in Gods likeness as a warrior. Woman was created to be celebrated by providing and sustaining life. Men are to protect that. This is why Satan targeted Eve, not Adam. If he had picked on Adam he would have been met with force and would have had less chance to succeed. This is not to say that women are weak in a derogatory manner. Im just saying that women in leadership positions will have to deal with the spiritual hurts that go with the job. Satan is not gentler in his attack on women just because we are women. I tend to think he's worse. Men are made to protect us. If we take an elder position who are we to then lovingly submit to other than God? Who will guide and protect us when Satan attacks?
Paul was not sexist. He was just looking out for women. Hes just as hard on men too you know - its a two way street.
Paul in the bible says women are to remain quiet in the church. Although I belong to a church that have female pastors, I think the original intent was for men to lead the congregation.
Putting limitations on women as preachers is not to put them down but to protect them. Feminists and alike always question Paul over this and prefer to skip over what he says. The man may have been a bachelor but God filled him with the Holy Spirit so if he says something that we as modern westerners dont like then we need to figure out why he wrote it and under what context and most importantly of all how does it apply to us. We cant take some laws - keep them and ignore the other stuff esp if its from the same writer such as Paul.
Paul frowned on women becomming elders not preachers. Women can be gifted to be brilliant teachers and we know that requires a bit of theological training and preaching. But being an elder is a headship position and is all to do with spiritual warfare. Paul was a huge authority on spiritual warfare and was proactive in instructing the church how to fight this power. A common thing with Satan is this: The bigger the impact you are doing for Gods kingdom the bigger the threat you are to him. Eldership is a huge honour but also a huge responsibility and encompasses many sacrifices and trials. God created 1/ man to be the head of his own family because he was made in Gods likeness as a warrior. Woman was created to be celebrated by providing and sustaining life. Men are to protect that. This is why Satan targeted Eve, not Adam. If he had picked on Adam he would have been met with force and would have had less chance to succeed. This is not to say that women are weak in a derogatory manner. 2/ Im just saying that women in leadership positions will have to deal with the spiritual hurts that go with the job. Satan is not gentler in his attack on women just because we are women. I tend to think he's worse.
3/ Men are made to protect us. If we take an elder position who are we to then lovingly submit to other than God? Who will guide and protect us when Satan attacks?
Paul was not sexist. He was just looking out for women. Hes just as hard on men too you know - its a two way street.
I like you already
p.s. dont mind sharp he would rather women be wiped off the face of the planet