Do you think the end is here

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

letti

Yes, that is all true we are just seeing signs of trouble on the horizon.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
First off, there is no Pre-Trib Rapture of the church. I hope everyone understands that this teaching is a lie from Satan as there is nothing in the Bible that discusses Jesus returning Before the Tribulation, coming twice or taking the church to heaven.

That said, yes, the end is near. I believe that within 20 years we will either be past the Tribulation or deep into it. This is based on 70 years from when Israel became a nation or from when Jerusalem returned to Israeli control. So add 70 years to 1948 or 1967 and you get 2018 or 2037 which Jesus himself said in Mat 24:34 that "this generation shall not pass until all these things take place." A generation is 70 years as defined by David in Psalm 90.

I like the 2037 date better because it corresponds better to things going on today. First we have the 2,000 year anniversary of Christ's resurrection coming up in April 2033. 4,000 years from Adam to Christ, 2000 years from Christ to the end. Then we have asteroid Apophis due to come on Good Friday, April 13, 2029 with a 2.3% chance of hitting us (the highest threat ever recorded by NASA). If it misses us then it comes back 7 years later on Easter Sunday. This could be the mountain thrown into the sea spoken of in Revelation.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
..not even Jesus Christ himself...
In His humanity while He walked this earth He certainly didn't know, but as the ascended glorified, God the Son, Who entered back into the glory which He had with God the Father, before the foundation of the earth, He certainly does! Matt 24v36, 28v18-20, John 17v5, 1Cor 1v30, Phil 2v5-11, Col 2v9

NOTE: Matt 24v36 states "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only."

Although we do not know the day or hour of His 2nd Coming we will know the week once the signs in Matt 24 (see Matt 24v3) start to come to pass, especially that in Matt 24v15 (with 2Thess 2v1-12)...

Yahweh Shalom...

H

hope36523

I have read where it says he calls home the dead in christ first and than he calls home the alive and they meet him in the clouds i am gonna read revelations again to tell you exactly where it is but i saw that in the bible so is that not the rapture,

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
I have read where it says he calls home the dead in christ first and than he calls home the alive and they meet him in the clouds i am gonna read revelations again to tell you exactly where it is but i saw that in the bible so is that not the rapture,
Let me help you out. You are talking about 1 Thessalonians 4:

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

But keep in mind that Paul wrote this letter in AD 51. Once the Thessalonians received the letter they became concerned that the Lord already came and that they missed him. So Paul wrote his second letter to the Thessalonians. Here Paul assured them that they did not miss the Lord's return and he told them what must happen BEFORE the Lord returns, that being the Anti Christ must appear and claim he is the Christ. You have to take both letters together. Notice the timing is not given in 1 Thes? Notice also that Paul only says we meet in the air. Nowhere does he say we go to heaven. Nowhere does it say Christ returns to heaven. It says we will always be with the Lord. So if the Lord comes to earth, then we stay here.

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?

Jul 27, 2011
only God knows when every one will be on board. sometimes reading helps pass time.