Do you think transgenders go to heaven?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Grace10

Nov 28, 2014
Do you think transgenders go to heaven? I hear mixed opinions on the topic. Are people with those feelings supposed to stay the way they are and remain celibate for their lives?

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
I don't know what a transgender is but the Lord Jesus Christ is the friend of sinners.

Can't get to heaven without Him.

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
You're asking us to do something that's wrong. You're asking us to judge. It not for us to judge others.

Judge not, that ye be not judged. (Matt. 7:1)​

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Do you think transgenders go to heaven? I hear mixed opinions on the topic. Are people with those feelings supposed to stay the way they are and remain celibate for their lives?
If they believe Jesus and trust in the atonement He secured for the forgiveness of their sin ( transgenderism ).. Then yes i am sure i will see former transgender people in eternity with God..

But if they try to justify their sin and declare it to be good and right then they have disbelieved the LORD and rejected the atonement of the LORD Jesus Christ for their sin and thus they shall not be covered by His atoning blood..

And yes they should remain celibate for their lives..
If they can access any form of treatment that can help them in their situation then they should access it..

Grace10

Nov 28, 2014
If they believe Jesus and trust in the atonement He secured for the forgiveness of their sin ( transgenderism ).. Then yes i am sure i will see former transgender people in eternity with God..

But if they try to justify their sin and declare it to be good and right then they have disbelieved the LORD and rejected the atonement of the LORD Jesus Christ for their sin and thus they shall not be covered by His atoning blood..

And yes they should remain celibate for their lives..
If they can access any form of treatment that can help them in their situation then they should access it..
And by "transgender" do you mean people who have those feelings in general or after they've changed their appearance?
And there is no treatment for it.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
And by "transgender" do you mean people who have those feelings in general or after they've changed their appearance?
And there is no treatment for it.
Well the sin is both the thought and the attempt to change their appearance.. We know God stated that it is sin for a man to wear womans clothing and a woman to wear mens clothing..

I think there might be some forms of psycological treatments for it.. And God may be willing to transform the person from their current state.. But as God said to Paul.. My Grace is sufficent..

2 Corinthians 12: KJV

7 "And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. {8} For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. {9} And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

Jul 23, 2017
thats reprobate status for sure. the bible doesnt even discuss this matter thats how far into reprobation it is.

but God can save anyone He wants. so it depends on the person. i dont know.

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
Another horrible sin to add to all the other horrible sins Jesus died to pay for.

E

eternally-gratefull

Another horrible sin to add to all the other horrible sins Jesus died to pay for.
If one is asking the question themselves. Hopefully it is because the law is doing it job through conviction of the HS, and we we can pray they are led to be saved (if they are not already, also I know a few same sex people who were saved, and become great men and women of God)

If it is someone else asking, I must question if they are trying to draw attention to what they consider a grave sin so they excuse their own sin.

P

pottersclay

26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Maybe we should take a look at this and little closer.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
By transgender do you mean those born with both equipment? Or those who choose to change equipment?

I'm not really sure why the Christian community seems to cherry pick sexual sinful behavior as a worse sin than any other.

I don't really see questions like - Do liars go to heaven, or thieves go to heaven, or Do murderers go to heaven, Do gossipers go to heaven, Do gluttons go to heaven, Do adulterers go to heaven?

Jesus died to pay our debt for past, present and future sins we have committed.

Personally I feel we need to get the beam out of our own eye before we worry about the speck in someone else's eye. No matter if the sin is a sexual one or not.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
By transgender do you mean those born with both equipment? Or those who choose to change equipment?

I'm not really sure why the Christian community seems to cherry pick sexual sinful behavior as a worse sin than any other.

I don't really see questions like - Do liars go to heaven, or thieves go to heaven, or Do murderers go to heaven, Do gossipers go to heaven, Do gluttons go to heaven, Do adulterers go to heaven?

Personally I feel we need to get the beam out of our own eye before we worry about the speck in someone else's eye. No matter if the sin is a sexual one or not.
It does not matter if one has a speck or one has a beam.. Both an un-forgiven speck and an un-forgiven beam in ones eyes will end up causing them to be cast into the eternal lake of fire...

The message of God is that it is by the gift of His Atonement that both people will be forgiven if they believe God and trust in the Way He made for both to be saved..

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
It does not matter if one has a speck or one has a beam.. Both an un-forgiven speck and an un-forgiven beam in ones eyes will end up causing them to be cast into the eternal lake of fire...

The message of God is that it is by the gift of His Atonement that both people will be forgiven if they believe God and trust in the Way He made for both to be saved..
I was assuming if one is a Christian they know they need to ask for forgiveness. But I will spell it out to help clarify.

Repent and be saved.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
I agree with most the people above and want to add that the "transgender" is in no better or worse condition than anyone else that has not been born again, we all start off not wanting God. We all want to name things good and bad on our own, we know right and wrong and do not need God thank you very much. We deny God in our unrighteousness, no matter if you are a murderer, a liar, a false idol worshiper, are sexually immoral, selfish, violent, hateful, on and on and on. We are all broken, a condition I feel is better described by saying we are dead, we are spiritually dead and incapable of life at all by our own power. But our Creator is good, He is so good He stepped into His creation to redeem the world, and DID so, praise Jesus name. So now I, me a horrible liar, fornicator, selfish, lustful, adulterous, betrayer of my own earthly father, drug dealing, addicted, idolatrous, physically broken human being that wants nothing but to die, and make him new to use him for His glory. What do I think about transgenders in heaven? The one that dies to self and turns to Jesus, I think they will be praising the power of God and testifying of His greatness.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2016

Sexual behavior is used a direct intimate way between husband and wife compared to Christ and his bride the church. If it gets removed as an example the world has no picture of the gospel .Not like liars or thief's or murderers and it does not rise above those. But is sensitive in a different way.

It’s what men do not learn about history in so much that it repeats itself. At the rise and fall of any government. Today is not much different than when Christ came, downward spiral of moral decline trying to remove all discrimination. as in where there is no law, then there is no trespass.. if it feels good just do it. .

Male prostitutes and any other thing that denies a picture of Christ and the church as his bride were being performed at the time of Christ . Marriage had lost its honor, men divorced their wives (no fault divorce) or no reason other than they wanted to worship their own will and call it free will .

The word marriage lost its meaning to be used as a moral compass. Bestiality is on the rise .
What's next seeing as goods increase so does natural man who consumes them? Lowering the age for permissible sex?

Why we would lift up a previous disassociated order when mankind cannot figure out what kind of hardware they have and call it free choice is a mystery .

I think the father of lies who is always turning things upside down like what God calls separate, Satan brings it together, or what God call together the god of this world calls separate. He would have men believe the kingdom is already here and we have already received our new bodies which like the angels are not male nor female, a kind of heaven on earth. Where men and woman are one as a false zeal.

They would be the murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

They get treated in the same way as a liar or thief or murderer . We hold out the gospel it can change a desire to serve God. Jude speaks of it.

To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Jud 1:15

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Truly repentant sinners -- including transgenders -- go to Heaven.

Repentance would mean renouncing this abomination, as well as all sin and evil, and all idols.

The vilest sinners can go to Heaven provided they show genuine repentance toward God, and genuine faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. Which means a total change in lifestyle and direction.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
You're asking us to do something that's wrong. You're asking us to judge. It not for us to judge others. Judge not, that ye be not judged. (Matt. 7:1)
Why are you misapplying Scripture unnecessarily?

Do unrepentant murderers go to Heaven?

Do unrepentant pedophiles go to Heaven?

Do unrepentant idolaters go to Heaven?

Do unrepentant reprobates of any kind go to Heaven?

Innerfire89

Aug 23, 2017
26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Maybe we should take a look at this and little closer.
The verse isn't saying theirs no male and female but that both are equal in Christ, their gender doesn't add or take away from their salvation.

Innerfire89

Aug 23, 2017
If they have faith in Christ than yes, but they wouldn't be trasgendered anymore.